Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You should have beaten him like he was Gohan in any post Cell fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Countblanc posted:

My friend wouldnt stop shittalking great saiyaman the other night and I finally knew the fury in Goku's heart when Krillin died

I hope you went Super Saiyan to the Faulconer soundtrack

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Something to think about:
Attack on Titan is one of the most ugly, boring, and lame mangas I've ever tried to read.
Dragonball is one of the best looking, it's a whole lot of fun, and Goku loving owns.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Countblanc posted:

My friend wouldnt stop shittalking great saiyaman the other night and I finally knew the fury in Goku's heart when Krillin died

Sever.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

facebook jihad posted:

I seriously never got the love for Great Saiyaman, but then again I'm part of the unsophisticated masses who loved DB for the action and fights as opposed to the goofy poo poo.

Also the DBM special is getting on my nerves. It had potential at first but is just going on and on without any kind of development. The last few pages even remind me a bit of a Bugs Bunny cartoon or something

i too like dbz because of the sick fights and power levels.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I went ahead and made a low-effort QUALITY thread for those who were commenting about it.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Countblanc posted:

Makes sense, clearly your friend is dead to you now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tbp posted:

i too like dbz because of the sick fights and power levels.

The fights are sick but some of the comedy is good too. This is why gotenks is my favorite character, because he has both.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Something to think about :
Attack on Titan is one of the most ugly, boring, and lame mangas I've ever tried to read.
Dragonball is one of the best looking, it's a whole lot of fun, and Goku loving owns.

Same but the anime(s)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want more Jaco dammit

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

mabels big day posted:

I want more Jaco dammit

I have a feeling that Super is going to devote some extra time to Jaco beyond him just randomly showing up around Freeza time.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'd love either 3 or 4 episodes of him on galactic patrol, or a few episodes reenacting his comic.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please give Jaco his own movie.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Only if its called Jaco's World

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Baal posted:

Please give Jaco his own movie.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Kild posted:

Only if its called Jaco's World

Jaco's Modern Life

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Batmasterson posted:

Jaco's Modern Life

YES

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Batmasterson posted:

Jaco's Modern Life

:golfclap:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Batmasterson posted:

Jaco's Modern Life

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
You know, I always hate when people say Freeza was the most evil Dragonball Villain.

He's probably got the best Malice to Power ratio, but Piccolo was FAR more evil.

"Outlaw being a decent person. Once a year murder the poo poo out of all of the people residing in a randomly chosen zone out of 40 zones."

vs

"Rule the galaxy. Eliminate anyone who presents a threat or back talks me."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Adder Moray posted:

You know, I always hate when people say Freeza was the most evil Dragonball Villain.

He's probably got the best Malice to Power ratio, but Piccolo was FAR more evil.

"Outlaw being a decent person. Once a year murder the poo poo out of all of the people residing in a randomly chosen zone out of 40 zones."

vs

"Rule the galaxy. Eliminate anyone who presents a threat or back talks me."

Two things. One, the vast majority of people haven't read/watched or just don't remember Dragonball that much. Two, in just Z, Freeza is probably the most overtly evil.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Two things. One, the vast majority of people haven't read/watched or just don't remember Dragonball that much. Two, in just Z, Freeza is probably the most overtly evil.

Cell's plan was to beat Earth's champions, blow it up, then move on to other planets to do the same.

I'd still say he's probably edging Freeza out on evil.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The guys who shot Bee are the most evil.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Adder Moray posted:

Cell's plan was to beat Earth's champions, blow it up, then move on to other planets to do the same.

He didn't get to do any of that though, which leaves a different impression from Frieza killing villages on screen.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Adder Moray posted:

He's an android made for the purpose for loving poo poo up and has the cells and personality traits of some of the universe's biggest assholes though. Freeza's definitely more evil because he will conquer/destroy your planet because he wants to. If anything Cell I think has the biggest turnaround possibility of the three big Z villains.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

mycot posted:

He didn't get to do any of that though, which leaves a different impression from Frieza killing villages on screen.

Counter-point: Cell drank entire CITIES worth of people.

Squallege posted:

He's an android made for the purpose for loving poo poo up and has the cells and personality traits of some of the universe's biggest assholes though. Freeza's definitely more evil because he will conquer/destroy your planet because he wants to. If anything Cell I think has the biggest turnaround possibility of the three big Z villains.

Wait, what?

Freeza wants to rule. That's not an evil goal in and of itself, it was the means he used to achieve these goals that were evil.

Cell's goal was to devour two sentient people in order to become the strongest and then to prove he is the strongest, murder all of the strongest on a planet, then murder everyone else on the planet. And the planet. He's means to achieve these ends was to drink innocent people until he was strong enough to eat the aforementioned pair of other people.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 13, 2015

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Adder Moray posted:

Cell's goal was to devour two sentient people in order to become the strongest and then to prove he is the strongest, murder all of the strongest on a planet, then murder everyone else on the planet. And the planet.

All of which he was programmed to do

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Squallege posted:

I didn't want to put all those Jews in the oven, but orders is orders

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

In It For The Tank posted:

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Squallege posted:

No. No he wasn't. You could argue he was programmed to want yo achieve perfection, but we know for a fact "Get myself killed" was not part of Gero's revenge plan, so we can be pretty sure "wipe out everything and everyone just to prove you're the poo poo" was not something Gero programmed him to do.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Machai posted:

I didn't want to put all those Jews in the oven, but orders is orders

That didn't take long. :godwin:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

To be fair cell didn't actually try to destroy the earth until he already thought he was going to die. Up until then he was just threatening it to get his fight with Goku.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

To be fair cell didn't actually try to destroy the earth until he already thought he was going to die. Up until then he was just threatening it to get his fight with Goku.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he explicitely states that once he wins he's going to kill the planet and find another one and do it again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Cell's Plan: Eat Cyborg 17 + 18, Become Perfect, Kill Goku, Kill Everyone Else In All Of Existence.

Solid Plan.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Adder Moray posted:

Counter-point: Cell drank entire CITIES worth of people.

Wow I actually forgot to include all of the cities Imperfect/Semi-Perfect Cell blew up.

Still, if you want to quantify it I have a hard time believing a being that existed for only a couple weeks could be eviler than being Space Emperor for decades.

Adder Moray posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he explicitely states that once he wins he's going to kill the planet and find another one and do it again.

Covok posted:

Cell's Plan: Eat Cyborg 17 + 18, Become Perfect, Kill Goku, Kill Everyone Else In All Of Existence.

Solid Plan.

IIRC he's actually much vaguer about what he's going to do after having fun on Earth in the manga, while the anime gives him a speech about destroying all life in the universe?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

In It For The Tank posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adder Moray posted:

No. No he wasn't. You could argue he was programmed to want yo achieve perfection, but we know for a fact "Get myself killed" was not part of Gero's revenge plan, so we can be pretty sure "wipe out everything and everyone just to prove you're the poo poo" was not something Gero programmed him to do.

Gero was incredibly stupid. Next.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Cell's programming literally amounted to: 1) absorb 17 and 18, reach perfection, 2) kill Goku. And by the time he achieved 1), he was only doing 2) for the hell of it, not because of any programming (which is exactly how 17 and 18 worked as well, the programming to kill Goku amounted to literally nothing to them, it was just a fun thing to do).

He wanted to fight strong as hell opponents to test his Perfection (remember, he's made from Goku and Vegeta cells, it shows). He also enjoyed seeing terror and despair, as he points to Trunks (Vegeta and Freeza cells). He didn't seem to have any actual destroy/conquer the world goals, he was just having fun, pushing himself to the limit, with no actual morality to stop him because, hey, he's already Perfect! He did say he was going to destroy the Earth after beating Goku, thinking that no one else could fight him, but it was blatantly to piss off Goku so he'd go all-out (much like he did with Gohan). Then again, it wouldn't be OOC at all for him to just destroy the Earth out of sheer boredom.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

• Only recourse against getting murdered by 17 and 18 was a self-destruction button that would probably kill him as well
  • Makes himself into a robot that is still weaker than his creations.
  • Decides to attack Goku and co. by himself even though he had Cell and 13-15 on the works.
  • Has 16 who is actually loyal to him even if too gentle to a fault locked up.
  • Forgets to consider what his super biomechanical cyborg that can destroy planets would do after finishing prime directive.
  • Last and not least: Made all of those with the only motivation to get revenge because the army of a guy who wanted his dragonball wish to get taller was defeated by Goku.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

• Last and not least: Made all of those with the only motivation to get revenge because the army of a guy who wanted his dragonball wish to get taller was defeated by Goku.

Toryiama said in an interview a few years back 16 was modeled after Gero's son who was killed by Goku.

• Locked thread