Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Air is lava! posted:

Around the part of the train your voice is gone and Geop just rambles around on his own. Was that intentional? Either way, it was quite funny.

Oh gosh, I didn't even think to check for that because what the hell? Maybe my mic got loose? I'm stumped at what could have happened because we were clearly talking. I might have to redo this and the next video. :ohdear:

Edit: vvv Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going definitely going to replace it but I'll keep his one and part 2 up in case anyone wants to see it.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
If you do that, please keep the broken version, as well. It was interesting, how Geop kept answering the voices in his head.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I have nothing to add but please keep playing this bizarre game. Well I will add that the transition to playing as Yesterday left me so baffled that I thought I missed a video.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I think I'm going to re-record these sections but keep them up as Old Man Yells At Cloud bonus content. Speaking of which: Geop and I firewalk.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 26, 2015

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Geop talking to himself seemed oddly natural, actually. Like he was reasoning things out and being slightly frustrated with the game. I guess it's an endorsement of your light touch on the guidance.

So the plot thickens enormously. Interested to see how this serial reincarnation plot plays out. (And it does make me wonder - quite how long has Choke/Yesterday been keeping this up for?)

(Spoiler bars added for anyone who is waiting for the re-recorded versions.)

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Maybe it's the batshit crazy story, or a combination of different things, but honestly I find this game oddly charming. Increasingly with each update, I want to see where this is going.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Alright, I've scheduled my next two recording sessions which should wrap up this rather short game. After that I'll do a quick solo video showing off the different endings, including the secret ending.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder who Yesterday's "mother" is suppose to be.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Nevermind.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 30, 2015

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Edit: Good.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 30, 2015

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Ah sorry. That felt really obvious, even when I played it. I'll keep my mouth shut, from now on and wil remove that.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

The final part of my LP is going to be delayed a bit. I was using a very particular set up to get it to run and that set up does not like Windows 10 at all. I'll see if I can't figure something else out.

Edit: I MIGHT have fixed it. Time will tell!

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 31, 2015

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Here's another attempt at the trainyard/factory. Voidburger and I go on a learning adventure.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Wow, it seems the developers did their research.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
It's... kind of clever that the developers force you to get all the items you need from the outside before jumping in without putting in a clumsy "I think I should look around more" type gate, but it does make John look absolutely insanely picky. "No, I have to have the camera on a tripod otherwise my movie to myself will look SLOPPY" even though the real reason is "it forces you to take the level before you jump"

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

It's... kind of clever that the developers force you to get all the items you need from the outside before jumping in without putting in a clumsy "I think I should look around more" type gate, but it does make John look absolutely insanely picky. "No, I have to have the camera on a tripod otherwise my movie to myself will look SLOPPY" even though the real reason is "it forces you to take the level before you jump"

This is an interesting observation but, sadly, you're giving the game too much credit. As we'll see in the next video (coming out Monday) the player never uses the level.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

ThatPazuzu posted:

This is an interesting observation but, sadly, you're giving the game too much credit. As we'll see in the next video (coming out Monday) the player never uses the level.

:cripes: I never should have assumed anything in an adventure game was good design.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Update! Voidburger and I axe you a question!

My next and final guest is Mr Skippy Granola.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

UPDATE! I'm all done with the LP itself so I'm going to upload them more rapidly.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
There are ferries from France to Britain and from Britain to Ireland that you can take your car across on - I've driven from Belfast to Sheffield, which was fun.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Kloro posted:

There are ferries from France to Britain and from Britain to Ireland that you can take your car across on - I've driven from Belfast to Sheffield, which was fun.

I figured there were ferries but I wouldn't consider that "driving nonstop."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
She has some weird OCD and had to drive in circles for the whole ride.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

UPDATE. This time we become a true ninja.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I can't wait for the massacre.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

I'm sad that Skippy didn't talk to the Master more, given how delightfully unhinged he was last time.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

I can't wait for the massacre.

They handle the fight in the most... cost effective way possible. Anyway, I'm going to upload the final video tuesday as well as a compilation of the multiple endings. One thing I like about them is that they do different ending credit music for each possible ending. (Although I skip through them pretty quickly because of worries about copyrights :ohdear:)

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 9, 2015

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Here's the final update! I had a lot of fun doing this and talking with people I normally wouldn't. Personally, I like to ask for constructive criticism when I finish an LP. There were a lot of problems with sound levels, and I apologize for that. I hope this was entertaining, at least!

And here's all the endings.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
That was every bit as insane as I'd hoped!

I really enjoyed this LP. Sound issues aside, once the ball got rolling, I honestly looked forward to every update. It was very entertaining. I usually enjoy LPs with more than one host, and I really liked the premise of this one, where you played with a guest. Thanks for LPing this one! I never would have known this game existed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Henryis kind of an interesting person. At 2:30 when he lists things John may do to torture him, he seems way to excited.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 11, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Those were some endings. What's with the secret ending? Some backstory needed?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

Those were some endings. What's with the secret ending? Some backstory needed?

They were cameos from other Pendulo games. The Pain Poet (the Igor looking guy) is a character that can produce amazing poetry whenever he experiences a new type of pain. I suppose he rescued Henry because he wanted to be tortured. The other character, Brain Basco, explained what games he's been in.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Great LP - thanks for showing us this odd little gem of a game. I may pick up the followup when it comes out.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Spookyelectric posted:

I really enjoyed this LP. Sound issues aside, once the ball got rolling, I honestly looked forward to every update. It was very entertaining. I usually enjoy LPs with more than one host, and I really liked the premise of this one, where you played with a guest. Thanks for LPing this one! I never would have known this game existed.

I prett much agree with this, and you never let it drag on for too long when the guests didn't know what to do. Good going overall!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Kloro posted:

Great LP - thanks for showing us this odd little gem of a game. I may pick up the followup when it comes out.

gschmidl posted:

I prett much agree with this, and you never let it drag on for too long when the guests didn't know what to do. Good going overall!

Spookyelectric posted:

Thanks a lot for the compliments, guys. :3: Seriously, I appreciate it.

• Locked thread