Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
This game was supposed to be done 3 years ago and they are still trying to put maps together. It's Star Citizen all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Wezlar in 2030 posted:

I'm only looking forward to two computer games - this, and Dark Souls 10

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
http://that-nintendo-guy.tumblr.com/post/126398611080/this-entire-experience-was-so-surreal-and-i-had-to

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Philip Rivers posted:

Also $120k spread out over multiple people and three years is not a fulltime budget so these people have other jobs they need to work.

Well there was that one interview/alpha gameplay video where they said they started out working from their parents' basements and now they are back in their parents' basements so maybe not, actually.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ToG's must loathe the game by now and i hope that comes across in the final product

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

HMS Boromir posted:

delaying the game so it's finished and good is fine, it's just that if your main source of info about the game is laz's shitposts you get a bit fatigued after a while

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Yaos posted:

This game was supposed to be done 3 years ago and they are still trying to put maps together. It's Star Citizen all over again.

Barkley 2 is the Star Citizen of video games

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

maybe if stupid nerds gave this more money instead of trash like "castlevania" and shenmue iii millions it'd be done!

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
So what I'm hearing here is we've got to wait until the 2nd coming of Jesus, then another 2013 years and then it'll be out? Thats bullshit.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bernie Sanders is running for president just to issue an executive order to get this game made.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Barkley 2 will be released one day before Fallout 4 utterly destroying first day sales and causing Todd Howard to regret ever making fun of ToG on a message board.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I am waiting for Sam Hyde to release his next kickstarter TV video, clowning all of us

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

This thread is Frog Fractions 2.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
guys, do we really want a rushed sequel like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrtLNAqvbzY

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SaviourX posted:

bugsbugsbugsbugs
:frog:

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
I'm thinking about starting a kickstarter to make an inquiry into seeing if we need a formal investigation about what the status of the game will be at some point.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
if you make the 3 on 3 final fantasy tactics: ballers edition you better let people make their own squad. i want mike conley, z-bot, and marc-en X

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

SaviourX posted:

1/:frog:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

My favourite part of Frog Fractions 2 is that the guy who made the first one has absolutely no reason to release it.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Great Joe posted:

My favourite part of Frog Fractions 2 is that the guy who made the first one has absolutely no reason to release it.

He seems like a nice dude though. Not like the trash fiends and swamp idiots that run the dreaded ToG

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

all joking aside it would be nice to get a rundown of what is being worked on/left to do and some screenshots. I figure you guys are up to your eyeballs in art assets to finish

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Most of the game design, programming, and writing has been finished for months. ToG has everything they need to put it all together for release but Gortarius still needs to finish his last 68 swamp maps and put the finishing touches on most of the garbage dump maps. Everyone in the office is just kind of sitting on their hands not able to do anything but wait.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

SeXReX posted:

guys, do we really want a rushed sequel like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrtLNAqvbzY
Someone give it one more dislike so we have 1337 and 69

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

DeepQantas posted:

Someone give it one more dislike so we have 1337 and 69

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Great Joe posted:

how do you mean? is it just that he's got the cash up front, or what?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

it has 96 comments too. ecin yrev

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

The kickstarter was explicitly for a game that won't be called frog fractions 2 or announced in any way, so for all anyone knows it may already be on the internet already, or simply never come out at all.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Anonymous Robot posted:

The kickstarter was explicitly for a game that won't be called frog fractions 2 or announced in any way, so for all anyone knows it may already be on the internet already, or simply never come out at all.
That's basically it. Even if it never comes out, the goal could just as easily have been for people to call every new Call of Duty the real Frog Fractions 2.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

ToG with the plus-sized booth. It'd better be worth shelling out the extra neo-shekels from the kickstarter. It's too bad you're so far from Death Road to Canada, though (also made by goons).

The game I'm probably most excited about here is Moon Hunters. I want a new Secret of Mana so bad. (Hyper Light Drifter and Below also look cool)

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
I am very concerned with this games' canon. What will be done to preempt the new movies canon? How will retcons be avoided? Thoughts?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The game was feature complete in fall 2013, but they wisely decided to delay release to avoid any uncomfortable retcons.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Before I actually read this post, I thought this was a map of game locations, and I got sort of excited.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Make sure the wizard gets a picture with Christine Love and her erotic bondage anime game, it seems appropriate.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

scandoslav posted:

Before I actually read this post, I thought this was a map of game locations, and I got sort of excited.

man I thought the exact same thing

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I just got an email about some game from some kickstarter website, looks like spam, c/d please.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I just got back from staring at the Cyberdwarf's concept art and I gotta say: the dwarf is lookin'

baller

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I must have B2 sense, I was checking the kickstarter page for an update just before it went out.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Gortarius continues to go above and beyond in his duty as a fake developer, even hiring a booth and some schmoes to man it.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Chas McGill posted:

Gortarius continues to go above and beyond in his duty as a fake developer, even hiring a booth and some schmoes to man it.

When you do something.... you do it right.

A sentiment that completely eludes Tales of Game's. This will be more evident than ever at 18:00 UTC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

lmao Barkley gets twice as much space as the cancer game