Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'd be interested in more info of a Lamborghini museum if it's open to the public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Comrade Flynn posted:

(he loves samoyeds and Lamborghinis apparently).

Kid's got some taste. Hopefully he gets better so we can buy him an account when he turns 18.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Straight Outta Compton was pretty good.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Comrade Flynn posted:

Of course I'm doing this. I'm talking to Lambo HQ about hooking the kid up with all sorts of swag. Finding a model of my car is a huge pain in the rear end but I know of a place on ebay I can snag one.

Apparently they've also hooked him up with a behind the scenes museum tour here in Seattle. So the plan is I pick him up at his house, drive him to the museum, then drive him to the dog park where the local samoyed club is going to surprise him with a party (he loves samoyeds and Lamborghinis apparently).

:unsmith: This is awesome and you're awesome for doing it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Kid's got some taste. Hopefully he gets better so we can buy him an account when he turns 18.

You know the kinda cancer you get better from?

This ain't that kinda cancer

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Comrade Flynn posted:

(he loves samoyeds and Lamborghinis apparently).

Sounds like a kid with good taste.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Comrade Flynn posted:

Of course I'm doing this. I'm talking to Lambo HQ about hooking the kid up with all sorts of swag. Finding a model of my car is a huge pain in the rear end but I know of a place on ebay I can snag one.

Apparently they've also hooked him up with a behind the scenes museum tour here in Seattle. So the plan is I pick him up at his house, drive him to the museum, then drive him to the dog park where the local samoyed club is going to surprise him with a party (he loves samoyeds and Lamborghinis apparently).

This made my day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Because I'm a terrible person mostly.

Real reason was I was pretty much a functional alcoholic, partying my rear end off 5 nights a week. I wasn't in a position where I was going to change my lifestyle and I like to keep my bodily fluids in their original package.

In happier news, my mom got married today! Wheeeeeee!

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
hello everyone how are you this fine evening?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

corn in the fridge posted:

hello everyone how are you this fine evening?

Tired as gently caress and stuffing my face with pizza. And yourself?

Started work yesterday at 5am. Finished at 6-ish. At 7pm started gearbox swap on a mate's Audi. Awful job, got done at 2:30am, got to bed at 3:40am, got up at 5:15am today. Drove up to collect a pallet of 58 cases of drinks, back into london to deliver.

This week's cheque better be a big fat one. I feel hosed.

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 15, 2015

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Mooseykins posted:

Tired as gently caress and stuffing my face with pizza. And yourself?

Started work yesterday at 5am. Finished at 6-ish. At 7pm started gearbox swap on a mate's Audi. Awful job, got done at 2:30am, got to bed at 3:40am, got up at 5:15am today. Drove up to collect a pallet of 58 cases of drinks, back into london to deliver.

This week's cheque better be a big fat one. I feel hosed.

go have a drink you've earned it :cheers:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

astrollinthepork posted:

Why not just use cat6?

Because I have a ton of CAT5E already.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I just threw away parts for a car I scrapped ten years ago. Fighting the urge to go shamefully take them back out of the bin.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

some texas redneck posted:

Because I have a ton of CAT5E already.
Ah. So its not that you already have 5e wired.
You're just STR.

Got it.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

You're still not done wiring up your house STR?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

"rear tires right at the wear bar, so possibly need replacing"

Nah

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nodoze posted:

"rear tires right at the wear bar, so possibly need replacing"

Nah

Nothing wrong with having aged, worn-out tires on a car notorious for wanting to swap ends and kill its driver.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

You're still not done wiring up your house STR?

I am for the most part, I just have a ton leftover. I never did run a drop to the living room (it would have been for the Roku, but it works a lot better now that I have a newer router), and wound up only running one drop to the study. The keystone plates have 3 holes on most of them, so I can always add more later.

ilkhan posted:

Ah. So its not that you already have 5e wired.
You're just STR.

Got it.

Nah, there's several hundred feet of CAT5E in the walls/ceiling too, though every drop except 1 is in use. I didn't see the point in spending the extra money on CAT6 when gigabit is plenty fast. I just bought way too much of the poo poo, and I'd prefer to use it if I could.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Aug 15, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

leica posted:

Tell your mom to gently caress off and sever.

Seriously, some people are loyal to family to a fault. If you wouldn't let anyone else treat you like dogshit why is it ok for family to do it?

To my shame I'm still 100% dependent on her so severing isn't an option yet.

Moving out puts me next to the school instead of 45m away (plus taking a campus shuttle instead of another 30m hunting for parking), but the main thing is to get me the gently caress away from her even if she's still paying my expenses for the time being; now apparently I don't even get that as she'll still basically be there in spirit.

I need to get a loving job to cut her off fully, but the only skill I have is mechanic work which isn't really conducive to working around a college schedule and leaving time to study, and I have zero confidence in being able to work retail/hospitality. What the gently caress do I do?

Oh the best part, she directly asked me "you're not crazy cause of me, are you? Because that would just break my heart. " How the gently caress do you even reply to that? "No, of course not" is the only real answer in my situation even if it's a loving BALDFACED LIE

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 15, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

Moving out puts me next to the school instead of 45m away (plus taking a campus shuttle instead of another 30m hunting for parking), but the main thing is to get me the gently caress away from her even if she's still paying my expenses for the time being; now apparently I don't even get that as she'll still basically be there in spirit.

I need to get a loving job to cut her off fully, but the only skill I have is mechanic work which isn't really conducive to working around a college schedule and leaving time to study, and I have zero confidence in being able to work retail/hospitality. What the gently caress do I do?

Oh the best part, she directly asked me "you're not crazy cause of me, are you? Because that would just break my heart. " How the gently caress do you even reply to that? "No, of course not" is the only real answer in my situation even if it's a loving BALDFACED LIE

Take a break from school and focus on your well being, get a job and get out, and when you're in a better place you can go back to school.

Not saying you should do this, but I joined the military so I could GTFO as soon as I graduated high school that's how desperate I was. I literally was on a plane to basic training a week after I graduated.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Cakefool posted:

Either you posted this before work and you should have paid instead of complaining on the internet, or you're phone posting in which case you have an internet connection and a browser and you should pay now instead of complaining. Yes it's dumb and sucks but you obviously have a way around it.

Why?

Ah yes, my mistake, I should have realized that 7pm is indeed an earlier time than 5pm.

Eh, it's whatever, turns out the only penalty is having to reregister and a $50 late fee. Classes are back on! :toot:

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 15, 2015

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

ExplodingSims posted:

Ah yes, my mistake, I should have realized that 7pm is indeed an earlier time than 5pm.

Eh, it's whatever, turns out the only penalty is having to reregister and a $50 late fee. Classes are back on! :toot:

Was it past 5 when you posted that? Sorry, no idea what time zone you were in. Yes that's bullshit.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Cakefool posted:

I just threw away parts for a car I scrapped ten years ago. Fighting the urge to go shamefully take them back out of the bin.

I just found my old GTO key. Which is amazing I lost it because the thing is approximately the size of the moon.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I usually give stuff away or firesale it when I no longer need it but right now the craigslist and facebook jeep groups are trying my patience pretty badly. I listed stuff for anywhere from free to 25% of upull price and got a bunch of interest, then literally no one showed up for their poo poo. Probably just going to scrap/trash it all, or shovel it into iForge/Adiabatic's truck(s) if they bring them to NEAI. I want this poo poo out of my life.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Enourmo posted:

how old are you op?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Would prefer beer in the fridge to corn in the fridge :colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

corn in the fridge posted:

how old are you op?

im six months old op

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Comrade Flynn posted:

Awesome he'll love that. I should have used mine on something like that instead of a drat computer.

Pressure washed the deck then went out to the local drift clubs event today. Supposedly there was eventually going to be people running it as an autocross but too drat hot to stand around for 5 hours.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
I bid on some cars earlier today but didn't end up buying any.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

meatpimp posted:

Nothing wrong with having aged, worn-out tires on a car notorious for wanting to swap ends and kill its driver.

Nope, nothing to see here

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

In other terrible money handling news, I'm convinced I need an old timey Dodge Power Wagon in my life.
Specifically, this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Power-Wagon-service-body-/131574967028?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1ea27aaaf4&item=131574967028

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Freaking American Craft Beer Movement. You don't hop a pilsner like it's an IPA going to Bombay on the next "HMS Rum Sodomy and The Lash"

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Shampoo posted:

Freaking American Craft Beer Movement. You don't hop a pilsner like it's an IPA going to Bombay on the next "HMS Rum Sodomy and The Lash"

Don't you understand?! Hops in beer will make your beard come in full and luxuriant.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

some texas redneck posted:

Anyone have experience with the HDMI <-> ethernet <-> HDMI kits? I know most require CAT6, just wondering if anyone's tried them with CAT5E before.

They claim to require CAT6, but if you use the IP-based ones as opposed to the balun-type ones, 100mbps ethernet is plenty (they use around 60-80mbps at 1080p30) - and they'll happily run gigabit over CAT5e just fine.

In my experience, the balun-types will work just fine over 5e as well, just with a reduced maximum length (~50m instead of hundreds) - I'm a big fan of the IP types though as you can hook up multiple receivers to the one transmitter, and have multiple transmitters on one network (though multiple transmitters can get a little iffy to set up)

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Comrade Flynn posted:

Hot Wheels made a 1:18 die cast model in the exact colour if that helps.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Shampoo posted:

Hops are how craft breweries cover up batch inconsistency and bad recipes. Does your new recipe suck? Throw hops at it until some dipshit thinks it's edgy and aggressive, instead of just bad.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Enourmo posted:

I'm in a similar situation (but slowly fixing it). If you want a job that's not retail or a mechanic, why not try a boring paper-pushing office job? That's what I'm doing now and while it is MIND NUMBINGLY BORING, it can give you a fair amount of quiet time to yourself, plus you'll have all day Internet access.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Or get a job frying chicken at KFC, flipping burgers at Five Guys or something, even that should be able to cover rent of a crappy efficiency.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Plus then your meals are covered as well (please don't do that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

bandman posted:

Hops are how craft breweries cover up batch inconsistency and bad recipes. Does your new recipe suck? Throw hops at it until some dipshit thinks it's edgy and aggressive, instead of just bad.

That's how it started, but it's more or less a hops arms race now. Sucks, because craft beer was kinda fun before that happened but now it's near-impossible to tell whether a beer is going to be interesting or HOP EXPLOSION IN YOUR FACE (except that 90% of the time, it is).

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 16, 2015

• Locked thread