Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jibo posted:

I was playing the other day and got Firemind, Inner Eye, and Bob's Brain with Pyromania. I feel like somehow Inner Eye stopped Firemind from procing though. :(

Nah, you were just unlucky. About every third volley with triple shot and firemind would have an explosion and then crickets body made it everytime there would be a few of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

New synergies would be good, I just had a run where I picked up the reaper scythe (name?) and then re-rolled a devil room to grab brimstone and it overruled the previous :/

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
In that particular case I think it should give you a much larger brimstone laser. Maybe color it grey or black or something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It should spew out a stream of scythes like you do with Mom's Knife/Brimstone.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
As for brimstone synergies, I just want Brimstone and Ipecac to not overflow damage or whatever it is that makes you do less damage with the two combined.

Also Ipecac and the Fetuses should give you a beam that is made of explosion, kind of like The Cage and The Adversary's shockwaves.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Jibo posted:

As for brimstone synergies, I just want Brimstone and Ipecac to not overflow damage or whatever it is that makes you do less damage with the two combined.

Also Ipecac and the Fetuses should give you a beam that is made of explosion, kind of like The Cage and The Adversary's shockwaves.

Brimstone Epic should still bring up the target reticle but instead of dropping a missile on that spot it's the Brimstone laser.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
:'(

InsertGenericName
Dec 13, 2011

"Ya see, bobby? Smoooooooth" - Hank hill.
Ipecac + Rubber Cement + incendiary tears :getin:

Also, why is Bobs Brain the worst, most common pickup for me? Its so bad and it always seems to only appear when i've got short ranged tears

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Because it's in the chest pool because it's a head-related item as well as the item room pool.

InsertGenericName
Dec 13, 2011

"Ya see, bobby? Smoooooooth" - Hank hill.

Ariong posted:

Because it's in the chest pool because it's a head-related item as well as the item room pool.

Ah, poo poo, you're right. I feel like there should be more Bob items, that would turn you into Bob, giving you bob's brain as your normal tears (being able to rapid fire them, rather), and a green creep trail.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Skunkrocker posted:

In that particular case I think it should give you a much larger brimstone laser. Maybe color it grey or black or something.

Isaac vomits up a giant scythe made of blood that falls upon the fools that stand before him.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

InsertGenericName posted:

Ah, poo poo, you're right. I feel like there should be more Bob items, that would turn you into Bob, giving you bob's brain as your normal tears (being able to rapid fire them, rather), and a green creep trail.

Afterbirth is going to include a bunch of new transformations and I will be shocked if this is not one of them.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Ariong posted:

Oh man I never made the connection that all the chest items are heads or head adjacent

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Mom's Knife plus Death's Touch should turn the knife into a scythe that you swing in an arc in front of you rather than throw.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Nighthand posted:

Mom's Knife plus Death's Touch should turn the knife into a scythe that you swing in an arc in front of you rather than throw.

how do you damage ranged enemies then?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Nighthand posted:

I disagree. Boomerang scythe. It's stationary in front of you but when you throw it it spins like normal and does the Mom's Knife animation.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I just started playing BoI again after a break. gently caress I love this game. I finally got to the Cathedral for the first time and even beat it first time. Mostly because of Guppy's Head, frankly.

Also I love some of the little item/enemy combinations that can make fights hilariously trivial. Like Lemon Party + Gurdy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

I disagree. Boomerang scythe. It's stationary in front of you but when you throw it it spins like normal and does the Mom's Knife animation.

That'd work even better with the hood you get with Ceremonial Robes

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

TheModernAmerican posted:

You should be able to turn your computer off between attempts. And be sure to use seeds for the first three runs, you only need to do a random Azazel run.

Also if you think unlocking the Lost is bullshit.

It's been 3 weeks since I finished boss rush with the Lost and I am still mad as hell I accidentally took Poloroid out of habit and hosed up getting the last mark I needed.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Manatee Cannon posted:

That'd work even better with the hood you get with Ceremonial Robes

That would be an interesting, thematic challenge. ???, Robes, Scythe, Knife. Risky weapon on a character with no permanent HP.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Ahahhahahah, finally unlocked the Lost after three aborted attempts in Sheol.

Now to never play this piece of poo poo character till Afterbirth comes out. :suicide:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I used the D4 earlier and ended up with extremely high range, Triple Shot, Ipecac, and Cricket's Body. I shot a wall (well, inside a wall, due to the arc) and a wave of explosions rolled both ways, replicating further as they kept forking off inside the walls, moving slightly, and exploding in the walls again, shooting off side-shots from the walls and covering half the room :stare:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Can you overcharge the Forget Me Now using the Battery or will it disappear when you use it anyway?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Can you overcharge the Forget Me Now using the Battery or will it disappear when you use it anyway?

I'm p. sure it doesn't have an energy meter.

Felix_Cat
Sep 15, 2008

Archenteron posted:

I used the D4 earlier and ended up with extremely high range, Triple Shot, Ipecac, and Cricket's Body. I shot a wall (well, inside a wall, due to the arc) and a wave of explosions rolled both ways, replicating further as they kept forking off inside the walls, moving slightly, and exploding in the walls again, shooting off side-shots from the walls and covering half the room :stare:

Monstro's Lung and Ipecac is also amazing. It would both wipe out groups of monsters (and anything else in their general direction) and bosses. It took me until Isaac before I found a something that could (barely) survive a single volley.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HenryEx posted:

I'm p. sure it doesn't have an energy meter.

It has a single charge but I dunno if that counts as something you can't use the Battery on, like the stuff that charges automatically, or like Tammy's/Guppy's Head

edit: huh, the White Pony/A Pony and E. Coli work alright together. It seems that you still turn regular enemies that you touch during the dash into poop! I'd have never thought to try that intentionally, but it seems so obvious in hindsight.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 18, 2015

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
:siren: Still no release date :siren: but some words about item synergies.

Technology 2 + rubber cement

Brimstone + rubber cement + Tammy's head

20/20 + Dr. Fetus

And some words about the new boss that was teased a few weeks ago, Little Horn, who looks like an absolute fuckhead to fight.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It looks like you can damage the ludovico tear, which would make the fight easier to a degree. I like that boss. Especially because it seems like an easy devil room item like the Fallen or Dark One, but on Basement 1 or 2.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

IMJack posted:

20/20 + Dr. Fetus

Yes! Dr. Fetus + Sad bombs will finally work!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

IMJack posted:

:circlefap:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Ariong posted:

And it looks like the damage bug really is fixed! :woop: Maybe it'll finally be my favorite item again.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Just ruined my best Lost run in many moons by accidentally stepping into a path to the Womb before killing Mom. Well before 20 minutes.

Holy Mantle, Nine Lives, Inner Eye, numerous damage ups and tear ups. Guppy's head, PhD.

No negative.

:suicide:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ariong posted:

Seriously the best news yet.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hidden pic of the week.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

IMJack posted:

I'm sure this animation will play perfectly fine on the Vita version without the framerate dropping to 1fps

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Oh lord I found Technology and Technology 2 in one run. It's beautiful. I'm a sci-fi god.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I keep hoping to find all of the Technology items in one run but it never happens :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Carbon dioxide posted:

Hidden pic of the week.

biting social commentary.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

I keep hoping to find all of the Technology items in one run but it never happens :(

Well, I stupidly died, so I can't say for sure that the 0.5 wasn't in Sheol somewhere :v:

Curious - do seed codes work across platforms? I screenshotted the code for this run, but it's on the Vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Unfortunatly I think not pc and vita seeds are just slightly different.