Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

woah woah woah, I just read that RS is banning people for using single player trainers? With the old GTAs I usually used a trainer to unlock full map and get a tank so I could go on a cop killing rampage. literally couldn't be hosed to do any missions at all. why on earth would they disallow SP cheats?

Rockstar has no way to tell if your modified files are meant for MP or SP. Use a mod manager to disable online and RSC when playing with mods. I've detailed how to do this in the modding thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
It's been ages, and there's still random session drops? Goddamnit. For once I manage to land a highly populated lobby.

And how do I disable these NPC calls?

--edit: Also what good are homing missiles, if they don't lock onto players?!

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 16, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Combat Pretzel posted:

--edit: Also what good are homing missiles, if they don't lock onto players?!

Flying vehicles.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Yeah, the homing missiles are for planes and helicopters. If you attempt to have any fun in an aircraft and fly low near a player you're just asking to be shot down. You can dodge them but they seem to be much more accurate when locking onto player aircraft when compared to NPC aircraft.

If you go into your iFruit settings I believe that you can disable invites/calls.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I implied shooting planes down. Just seems like it locks onto anything but the player's plane/helo, unless he's nearly in my face. Don't tell me this is a cheat, too?

Also, thanks for hinting at this iFruit poo poo.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Combat Pretzel posted:

I implied shooting planes down. Just seems like it locks onto anything but the player's plane/helo, unless he's nearly in my face. Don't tell me this is a cheat, too?

Er yeah, if you play on PC all sorts of things are going to be dudes with cheats

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Homing missiles are just weird, period. There have been plenty of times when i've been flying around and heard the first few missile lock tones, so I duck down into the LS River or whatever and break lock, all is silent, then a minute or two later a missile will slam into me out of nowhere and send me crashing to the ground.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I just bail out once I hear the missile lock, I can never seem to evade them. You think all that time dodging missiles in Ace Combat would carry over to this game but nope!

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Rockstar has no way to tell if your modified files are meant for MP or SP. Use a mod manager to disable online and RSC when playing with mods. I've detailed how to do this in the modding thread.

:D thanks man

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Starhawk64 posted:

I just bail out once I hear the missile lock, I can never seem to evade them. You think all that time dodging missiles in Ace Combat would carry over to this game but nope!

GTA missile dodging 101 - Get close to some geometry, bank like gently caress in one direction and then when the missile gets close (listen to the beeps) jink hard the opposite way. The homing on the missile cannot keep up with that unless you in one of the really slow cumbersome planes. Any small jet or light aircraft should manage it fine though.

It's actually deceptively simple, but the timing is really everything.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Or just slow down to about half speed and turn in the tightest circle available to you, voila, never get shot down again.

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

I got vehemently accused of being a hacker after shooting some dude down with a homing missile, he didn't even believe me when I told him he could buy the launcher from ammunation, you just cant help some people :doh: - They can be pretty tricky to use sometimes, especially if there's lots of cop helicopters around, and if the dude is actively trying to kill you

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
can't remember which goon I was talking with about ammo drops, but I wanted to share what I found

Merryweather ammo drop
1000 GTA FUNBUX
Proximity mines - No
Sticky bombs - No
RPG - No
Grenade Launcher - No
Homing Launcher - No
Flare Gun - No
Pistol - Yes (not 100% sure about marksman pistol, haven't tried)
Pump/Shorty/Assault Shotgun - Yes
Assault/Carbine/Advanced Rifle - Yes
Sniper/Heavy/Marksman Rifle - Yes
Musket - ? (Haven't tried)

PC btw (prob doesn't matter)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Musktet uses shotgun ammo so that's probably covered.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I figured I look into the custom multiplayer mods that are happening right now. Turns out, that Rockstar banned the accounts of the devs of FiveM. gently caress you, Rockstar!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Combat Pretzel posted:

I figured I look into the custom multiplayer mods that are happening right now. Turns out, that Rockstar banned the accounts of the devs of FiveM. gently caress you, Rockstar!

gently caress hackers. They deserved it.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

:allears:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Is it cool to chat about hacks and cheating in the WoW or LoL threads? Pretty sure it's not. Then why is it ok here?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Agreed, thank you.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Do any of you even know what FiveM was? Or are you being sarcastic? I can't tell anymore.

Edit: oh this Tim guy is an idiot, I get what's going on now.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I think he converted to Judaism for the jokes.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Combat Pretzel posted:

What did you expect? They'd effectively be taking money out of Rockstars pocket with the completed mod as well as infringing on GTA Online.

GTA Online is a Grand Theft Auto open world game based on the core mechanics of GTA V. Rockstar have said that they are going to keep adding to and updating it as time passes, so it's pretty obvious that they are going to stamp out anyone who tries to stop them from earning money and infringes on their works.

I can't say I blame them and that I didn't expect it to happen at some point. I actually thought it would have happened sooner but I guess it just got on their radar.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

FiveM weren't people who were writing the little scripts and cheating in Online, they were creating a third-party multiplayer mod which they were going to use on their own servers.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Yeah well, I hope they decide to on a recent pirated build of GTA V and build upon that. GTA Online is a loving atrocity. It would be acceptable, if it wasn't for that retarded economy. If money was abundant, I'd be having fun trying to deal creatively with cheaters, but as it is, it costs too much. If I'm not being dropped out of sessions constantly, that is.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 17, 2015

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

I have lots of fun in GTA Online.

It's pretty easy to earn money, just run some heists (with friends) or spend a couple of hours doing missions (with or without friends or even on your own). If you want the expensive stuff they're supposed to be luxuries that you work towards. If you want them instantly you can always buy shark cards which is why that option is there.

I don't really care about Rockstar charging lots of money for things, I care more about the fun things they patched out like the ability to put cars into the back of Titans and not being able to Cargobob players that are in passive mode or if you're in passive mode.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 17, 2015

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yeah well, I hope they decide to on a recent pirated build of GTA V and build upon that. GTA Online is a loving atrocity. It would be acceptable, if it wasn't for that retarded economy. If money was abundant, I'd be having fun trying to deal creatively with cheaters, but as it is, it costs too much. If I'm not being dropped out of sessions constantly, that is.

Money is abundant if you hang around cheaters for a while though? The exact problem you want to have fun with is the solution to the problem you want to have fun with.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Money is abundant as hell without cheaters if you just play missions. Things like 10 million gta dollar planes you can barely use are just gimmicks to make the dumbasses buy shark cards, not some vital aspect of the game that you need to buy

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

I have real millions and there is no way to deal with cheaters. Also money is very easy to come by just playing normally.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

they were creating a third-party multiplayer mod which they were going to use on their own servers.

I can totally understand why they would want to do this but didn't 5M think for a minute about how rockstar would react?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Kerosene19 posted:

I can totally understand why they would want to do this but didn't 5M think for a minute about how rockstar would react?

The joke was, 5M went out of their way to require a social club account and basically make it difficult to pirate via 5M. Now the creators can't even use it because Rockstar banned their social club account. So I'm sure they're going to remove said restrictions pretty soon.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Kerosene19 posted:

We're in kind of a hosed-up place right now regarding copyright law and consumer rights, but it's none of Rockstar's business what users want to do with a product they've paid for. The fact that this is even up for debate is unfortunate.

To use a car analogy, this is like Honda coming and taking your car back (no refunds!) because you used it to drive for Uber and then saying "oh you agreed to this when you gave us your money"

The Rockstar license agreement allows for this type of lovely behavior, but it's morally bankrupt. More so when you consider that you lose access to ALL your R* games if you piss them off. Companies shouldn't be permitted to exercise this level of control over their customers, regardless of the licensing agreement.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

AirRaid posted:

Money is abundant if you hang around cheaters for a while though? The exact problem you want to have fun with is the solution to the problem you want to have fun with.
Hesitant due to the chance of getting caught and banned thing. Then again, cheaters are rampant, so IDK.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Money is abundant as hell without cheaters if you just play missions. Things like 10 million gta dollar planes you can barely use are just gimmicks to make the dumbasses buy shark cards, not some vital aspect of the game that you need to buy
Eh, the money's not for buying planes, but subsidizing the RPG and AA rockets to pester the cheaters as much as possible. And getting a tank for the same reason.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Lol if you think you can in any way annoy cheaters.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:
Was bored, re-doing heists trying to get the elite challenges done.

Fleeca Job. Driller LEGIT took 12 minutes. TWELVE. I should have dropped at the 3 minute mark but I figured gently caress it and kept on.

gently caress everyone.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Combat Pretzel posted:

Hesitant due to the chance of getting caught and banned thing. Then again, cheaters are rampant, so IDK.

I've not heard of anyone catching a ban just for receiving money. A while back on PS3 I had over 300 million $ and bought up a bunch of cars and stuff. Rockstar eventually removed all the money from my account but left me with my cars. Through PS4 and into PC I would just sell a couple adders if I needed cash.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Combat Pretzel posted:

Eh, the money's not for buying planes, but subsidizing the RPG and AA rockets to pester the cheaters as much as possible. And getting a tank for the same reason.

Tanks die in a couple of RPGs and if you're using it to attack cheaters they would just put god mode on or blow you up when they look at you.

Someone said about 50 pages or so ago that you have to cheat to stop the cheaters from killing you, if that's the problem you're having you'd be better off just getting the game on console where there are hardly any cheaters.

revmoo posted:

The Rockstar license agreement allows for this type of lovely behavior, but it's morally bankrupt. More so when you consider that you lose access to ALL your R* games if you piss them off. Companies shouldn't be permitted to exercise this level of control over their customers, regardless of the licensing agreement.

I don't see how its lovely behaviour, Rockstar are just banning people who breach their EULA.

What's wrong with that?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Was just tooling around on 360 online and drove home to this:

No idea if it's an honest glitch or if a hacker did it.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Combat Pretzel posted:

Buddy if you're trying to harass cheaters it's only at their willingness to humor you. You should really just avoid doing it.

Anyway, at least on the consoles, you can get the money to fully reload your explosive ammo like 8 times over by doing contact missions for like an hour, maybe an hour and a half.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's abundant as hell if you want to play the same 20 missions a few thousand times. It's grindy if you want to buy a high-end car. A Stirling GT might take at least 50 mission runs - and that's excluding other expenses. Over on PC we're running missions for fun, not to grind money.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

UserErr0r posted:

It's abundant as hell if you want to play the same 20 missions a few thousand times. It's grindy if you want to buy a high-end car. A Stirling GT might take at least 50 mission runs - and that's excluding other expenses. Over on PC we're running missions for fun, not to grind money.

Lmao, it takes like a heist or two to get pretty much anything. Can't afford a T20? Either work for it or deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

inaudible noise

Sorry, I can't hear you over this 48 million dollars I have with nothing to spend it on, you're going to need to speak up

• Locked thread