Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Your Lottery posted:

I was trying to organize my blightfall inventory using Storage Drawers but am unable to move the drawers with a JABBA dolly, despite both JABBA and Storage Drawers saying it should be possible. Is this explicitly turned off or something?
It's a really old version of Jabba, over a year old. Storage Drawers support was added in the very next version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Sage Grimm posted:

Unsure if this works, but can you "repair" it by giving it the ingot it's made out of?

For some idiotic reason ammo needs to be refilled in tool stations instead of in your inventory. If this is a config option someone please tell me how to change this to be not-retarded.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Speaking of repairs, how would I fix my thaumcraft stuff (goggles of revealing and boots of the traveler right now)? I don't know how to repair anything that isn't TiC :(

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ciaphas posted:

Speaking of repairs, how would I fix my thaumcraft stuff (goggles of revealing and boots of the traveler right now)? I don't know how to repair anything that isn't TiC :(

Vanilla anvil. Just toss in the material item is made out of (goggles are gold for references, not leather) and a bit of experience. You can also rename stuff.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

I advise using the Thaumic Restorer, which is, strangely, down the Energitic Nitor route.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Cool, thank ya.

New question, does anyone else have vis relays end up broken and have to be replaced? (I usually creative mode break and replace the relay because :effort: and that fixes it but it's still annoying)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Why not go the osmotic enchanter route and put repair on everything? You can get all the obsidian totems and tiles you need from the spooky tower

With centivis tech, repair might as well read "makes item have infinite durability"

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

Magres posted:

I'd probably start Delta and move to Beta or the Swamp once I was ready to start clearing stuff (I'd loot the Tiny Ship for the Blooms and haul them off to the Swamp to clear islands)

I'll second the idea of using the swamp islands as bases. The first is simple to clean and has some massive caves underneath with will show up via the biome becoming re-tainted. Might wish to turn down draw distance in this case - otherwise a large part of the forest may be converted into taint spawner before you explore it.

Although I'm not sure if there is an advantage to starting at Delta with this case - from Alpha you can head to the swamps via the marble shrine and pick up blooms that way. This also allows you to bypass the gold/aluminum issue for a while by making pickaxes from the alien ores under Alpha and the swamps.

RichardA fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 18, 2015

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

Cool, thank ya.

New question, does anyone else have vis relays end up broken and have to be replaced? (I usually creative mode break and replace the relay because :effort: and that fixes it but it's still annoying)

I have experienced this, I think it's actually a visual glitch and they still work. That, or sometimes they don't like having *just barely* enough clearance to relay the beam.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

RichardA posted:

I'll second the idea of using the swamp islands as bases. The first is simple to clean and has some massive caves underneath with will show up via the biome becoming re-tainted. Might wish to turn down draw distance in this case - otherwise a large part of the forest may be converted into taint spawner before you explore it.

Although I'm not sure if there is an advantage to starting at Delta with this case - from Alpha you can head to the swamps via the marble shrine and pick up blooms that way. This also allows you to bypass the gold/aluminum issue for a while by making pickaxes from the alien ores under Alpha and the swamps.

I find that Delta is really useful as a starting and central location as you'll be able to reach some of the harder scouting places a bit easier. If you start at Alpha/Beta you'll either have to cross fields and mountains coated with taint or do a lot more boating compared to Delta to reach them. I personally like Delta the most because it gives you a flat surface to organize your layout compared to the other spawns which are complete geographical messes.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Be advised that one of the swamp islands has a tainted node beneath it and you'll probably want to deal with it if you're looking to make a home. That island is really perfect for establishing a base, though. The perfect middle ground between two big to cleanse quickly and too small to spread out.

So re: the food thing- it doesn't really take very much time to deal with PER SE, but you can't automate it. You do need:

- Some room to spread out. I REALLY recommend taking a swamp island. Having a place where you can go and there's just safe livestock roaming around is super valuable.
- You need both milk & meat.
- Salt is everywhere but make sure you get some.
- Grab a seed bag from the supplier every day.
- Sugarcane.

Here's some recipes & what they require:

- Suadero - Beef and cooking oil (olives, sunflower seeds, or walnuts). 5 eats gives 31 hunger.
- Baked Ham - Pork, sugar, and apples. 5 eats gives 26 hunger.
- Garden Soup - Cucumbers and one other vegetable, or meat and two vegetables. 5 eats gives 18 hunger.
- Regular steak- 5 eats gives 23 hunger.
- Regular porkchop- 5 eats gives 23 hunger.
- Regular chicken- 5 eats gives 23 hunger.
- Cooked Mutton- 5 eats gives 26 hunger
- Waffles- Wheat, eggs, milk, and salt. 5 eats gives 26 hunger.
- Pancakes- Wheat, eggs, and milk. 5 eats gives 18 hunger.
- Meaty stew- Meat and flour. 5 eats gives 23 hunger.
- Blackberry- 5 eats gives 5 hunger.
- Blackberry Juice- 5 eats gives 13 hunger
- Blackberry Cobbler- Blackberry, salt, flour, sugar, water- 5 eats gives 26 hunger.
- Mushroom Soup- 5 eats gives 18 hunger.
- Bread- 5 eats gives 13 hunger.
- Primitive bread- 5 eats gives 13 hunger.
- Apple- 5 eats gives 13 hunger.
- Monster Jerky- 5 gives 5 hunger.
- Fish Jerky- 5 gives 5 hunger.
- Mutton Jerky- 5 gives 5 hunger.'
- Chicken Jerky- 5 gives 5 hunger.
- Beef Jerky- 5 gives 5 hunger.
- Grilled Cheese- Wheat, milk, salt. 5 eats gives 39 hunger.
- Cheeseberger- beef, wheat, milk, salt. 5 eats gives 39 hunger.
- Toast- Wheat. 5 eats gives 18 hunger.
- Apple pie- Apple, salt, flour, sugar, water- 5 eats gives 26 hunger.
- Breaded porkchop- pork, wheat. 5 eats gives 23 hunger.

This is more than 500 hunger. There's a total of like a dozen ingredients here and most of them are broadly available or have many substitutions you can make.

So I'm not saying like, don't mess with the food values- if you hate it, then you hate it, just change it. And we're reducing the cap to 400 in a release this week since this is a bit more than what was intended. We're also including Cooking for Blockheads to remove some of the chore of manually crafting everything.

But please give it a shot first. I really enjoyed the experience of solo playing BF with spice of life in effect- having my options gradually increase as I got a new seed each day, being incentivized to look for new food types I hadn't tried yet, etc. I also liked getting to make "real" food instead of just binging bread or whatever. I actually think the cooking "game" is fun, but it also intrudes at really obnoxious times and is the only part of the game that you can't put off or do as much or as little as you want. There's not much we can do about it for Blightfall except I guess scrap it, which we're not really willing to do. But we do have some cool ideas for a future pack.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Cool, thank ya.

I find this happens when the source and destination are in different chunks.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
My question is , i have golems harvesting the crops and another one gathering, but how can i make the harvesting golem replant as well?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I think there's an ordo focus you can use?

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

TheresaJayne posted:

My question is , i have golems harvesting the crops and another one gathering, but how can i make the harvesting golem replant as well?

Attach an order upgrade to the golem to make him replant.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Mzbundifund posted:

If you research the Alchemical Boiler in the Automagy tab you can skip the bottling step entirely!

Also Alchemically Boiling MFR sludge is a source of vitium, so you can automate that as well if you have harvesters grinding up trees.

It's not - buckets are, but liquid sludge is not.

Great source of Venenum and Mortuus though!

Being able to just slam 512 buckets into the resonant tank I got from a machine bag is amaaazing though. I have pretty much infinite sano at this point, all I need to do is figure out exactly how to automate tainted fruit product and I'm golden

E:

If you're hurting for tech metals, make a pickaxe of the core, enchant it up (haste, repair, fortune is my preferred setup) and go hit up the tech metal deposits!

This was about half an hour's worth of rooting around down there with liberal use of the orefinder:

Not pictured are the other two stacks of redstone or the ~6 Orichalcum that I don't have a pick for yet.

Random bug though, native ore clusters of tin and copper don't double for some reason, and you can't melt them in the TiCon smeltery :( Works fine in everything else though - pulverizer, redstone furnace both do it right, just not base furnaces.

With that, just teched to a Redstone Energy Cell to see what the cost on Resonant Energy Cells is. 20 rep for 80M RF is a pretty dang good deal, a full resonant cell will run a lot of stuff for a long time. 512 bread for 80M RF means that if you can produce bread for like a thousand RF per bread or less, and don't go through so much energy that you blow the remaining 79.5M RF over the course of an hour and a half, you can have infinite bread energy.

Magres fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 18, 2015

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Alkydere posted:

Man, Blightfall reminds me of how much I want to love Thaumcraft, and how much I hate certain aspects of that. And I mean Aspects both literally and figuratively.

I just want a magictech mod where I have glowing magic lasers from a few stabilized tears in reality feeding my gear and ore processing and harvesting equipment. Which I get with Thaumcraft, but I also get so much more cruft.

I'd -love- magitech. Thaumic Energistics already made me :aaa: but I'd love what you described. Magical generators, magical RF cables, void shenanigans!

Also, my undying love for the EnderIO wireless charger (and liking my setups to be Pretty) makes me wish there could be localised wireless power sources for machines. :negative:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Anyone know how the Dawn Machine sets up? The picture in the Thaumbook is broken, and I'm getting to the point that I'd like to tech to it so I can stuff Auram into it to clean up nodes because I don't like breaking nodes.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Haven't touched minecraft in while and blightfall looks cool. Is it a decent place to learn thaumcraft or am i better off loading thaumcraft on its own in vanilla mc for that?

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Mindblast posted:

Haven't touched minecraft in while and blightfall looks cool. Is it a decent place to learn thaumcraft or am i better off loading thaumcraft on its own in vanilla mc for that?

Vanilla or a lightly modded pack might be best for an introductory look. Even getting into Thaumcraft in this takes awhile since resources are so scarce, and it won't do you any favors as far as research/scanning is concerned.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Magres posted:

Anyone know how the Dawn Machine sets up? The picture in the Thaumbook is broken, and I'm getting to the point that I'd like to tech to it so I can stuff Auram into it to clean up nodes because I don't like breaking nodes.

Make an H out of 6 upright silverwood logs with a cyber totem in the middle. Right click it with your wand. It will cost (???) vis. When it's created the power plugs in at the bottom of the cyber totem and the essentia ports will be labeled.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Mindblast posted:

Yeeeah, Blightfall is very much for challenging yourself about making do with as little as possible in a hostile environment, not much of a place for learning the ropes from scratch I think.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
For anyone, here's a list of every item in blightfall with their aspects (minus the ones that don't have aspects). Dumped by this minimod from vazkii that I updated.

http://hastebin.com/efufibizen.vhdl

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

30.5 Days posted:

But please give it a shot first. I really enjoyed the experience of solo playing BF with spice of life in effect- having my options gradually increase as I got a new seed each day, being incentivized to look for new food types I hadn't tried yet, etc. I also liked getting to make "real" food instead of just binging bread or whatever. I actually think the cooking "game" is fun, but it also intrudes at really obnoxious times and is the only part of the game that you can't put off or do as much or as little as you want. There's not much we can do about it for Blightfall except I guess scrap it, which we're not really willing to do. But we do have some cool ideas for a future pack.

I actually left in the default hunger settings and I haven't had a problem. I like that it makes exploration that much more rewarding; I got a little more excited than I probably should have when I found spice leaves in the world.

I think it might not be a bad idea to make a quest for the food journal and the lunchbox/lunchbag just to point players to them, as they reduce the irritation of food quite a bit.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

Be advised that one of the swamp islands has a tainted node beneath it and you'll probably want to deal with it if you're looking to make a home. That island is really perfect for establishing a base, though. The perfect middle ground between two big to cleanse quickly and too small to spread out.

I like starting at Alpha because it is much easier to get to the swamp, and I would guess is the reason Alpha is listed as an easier start than some of the other bases.

goodness posted:

I would be down to start this weekend or whenever after that.

Cool. I'll be setting it up in the next day or two.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Glory of Arioch posted:

I actually left in the default hunger settings and I haven't had a problem. I like that it makes exploration that much more rewarding; I got a little more excited than I probably should have when I found spice leaves in the world.

I think it might not be a bad idea to make a quest for the food journal and the lunchbox/lunchbag just to point players to them, as they reduce the irritation of food quite a bit.
It'd also be really nice to know what all you can get from requesting seeds, but maybe that goes against the spirit of the pack. I just get a little annoyed getting my fifth cucumber seed and wondering if it's even worthwhile to keep requesting things or if the RNG just hates me.

And while I'm requesting things, it was mentioned before, but it'd be awesome if completing the scouting quests unlocked the teleport for that location for your whole team.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Thanks for the replies. I'll set up some vanilla mc with nei and thaumcraft instead and go gently caress up reality there before attempting blightfall.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
idk I didn't really know thaumcraft all that well before doing blightcraft but otoh I've been marinating in pure modding for a few years now. Also thaumcraft sucks too much to do twice.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

The bone-crunching sound of growing blooms every time I teleport back to the planet is starting to wear on my sanity.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ImpactVector posted:

It'd also be really nice to know what all you can get from requesting seeds, but maybe that goes against the spirit of the pack. I just get a little annoyed getting my fifth cucumber seed and wondering if it's even worthwhile to keep requesting things or if the RNG just hates me.

And while I'm requesting things, it was mentioned before, but it'd be awesome if completing the scouting quests unlocked the teleport for that location for your whole team.

I would keep doing it until you get a peppercorn sapling; that opens up a LOT of food options

but don't make my mistake and let thaumcraft golems farm them as they destroy the fruit :gonk:

(one survived)

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Glory of Arioch posted:

I didn't have a problem staying fed either, and that itself was a problem. It didn't feel like I was scrambling for resources on a hostile planet, it felt like every X minutes I had to break off from designing a machine or scouting a cool area or constructing a neat looking building because it was time yet again to troll through NEI and all those awful fiddly little harvestcraft recipes. Oh sorry this one needs a saucepan not a skillet. It wasn't hard, it was just a chore.

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
I've been so used to StealthArcher's minetweaked version of recipes that I completely forgotten how much HORSE poo poo it is to start AE2. :argh:

Xaoskr
Jan 25, 2013

Blacktooth posted:

I like starting at Alpha because it is much easier to get to the swamp, and I would guess is the reason Alpha is listed as an easier start than some of the other bases.

Cool. I'll be setting it up in the next day or two.

Sent you a PM. I have a server you are welcome to join.
Goodness, you are welcome to join too.

Xaoskr fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 18, 2015

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Harvestcraft needs a sort of kitchen counter block so you just need to bring food to it and have all the utensils at hand without having to dig through your inventory or storage. And have it connect to an adjacent inventory so you don't even need to bring food to it. Make it a multiblock kitchen island or something for customization and aesthetic purposes.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Sage Grimm posted:

Harvestcraft needs a sort of kitchen counter block so you just need to bring food to it and have all the utensils at hand without having to dig through your inventory or storage. And have it connect to an adjacent inventory so you don't even need to bring food to it. Make it a multiblock kitchen island or something for customization and aesthetic purposes.

Take a crafting bench. Put it by itself in your crafting grid to make a crafting station. Put the crafting station next to a chest. :eng101:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Do we still need an AE2 Getting Started effortpost?

It looks like an infusion altar needs an ender pearl. How are all the cool kids finding one in Blightfall? I have not had any luck getting ender lily seeds yet.

Robhol
Oct 9, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It looks like an infusion altar needs an ender pearl. How are all the cool kids finding one in Blightfall? I have not had any luck getting ender lily seeds yet.

Not sure what the actual prerequisites are but after a certain point you should be able to requisition them from the supplier.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Do we still need an AE2 Getting Started effortpost?

Ask the supplier for a pearl?

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
You can get lucky with endermam spawns within non-tainted areas. I believe the second black market quest for Oureclass or whatever gives you one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Requirement for requisitioning pearls, blaze rods, and tears is to find all the tech metals.

You can get ender seeds between the summit and Lake waypoints and end stone underneath the Eerie island. Alternately there are whole infusion altars both in the bay by the swamp and underneath the iceberg warp though be ready for a really hard fight if you want the latter.