Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Spiritus Nox posted:

Okay for some reason my totally legal copy of Haruhi separated the opening and ending out into their own files for some reason. Awesome.

Nice opening, though.
Lots of groups do that, it's so that they can make the filesizes lower since the op/eds are usually exactly the same in each episode they play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I deleted those once to save space thinking they were just the clean OP&ED's that sometimes get included, then spent the first few episodes wondering where the intro was.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah I usually move them elsewhere and then open up an ep to see if it still has chapter breaks for the op/ed or if the time stamp is something weird.

Also regarding the ED there is actually a full dance version that covers most or all of the song, though I can't seem to find a good version on youtube.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah I usually move them elsewhere and then open up an ep to see if it still has chapter breaks for the op/ed or if the time stamp is something weird.

Also regarding the ED there is actually a full dance version that covers most or all of the song, though I can't seem to find a good version on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fJ4kT19NI

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That one has all kinds of crap plastered all over it!

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

It's just a small watermark in the bottom right!!!!

just turn off annotations...

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kggr5pU9JA

Here's a good one... but the voices sound off

Linnaeus fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Aug 18, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Living the goddamn dream..

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

littleorv posted:

Holy poo poo the cat talked.

that was ventriloquism :geno:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

we were supposed to watch 2 episodes last night? ive already failed at the simulwatch.

This is okay, just watch the second episode this morning :)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

StandardVC10 posted:

I wonder how Kyon got that higher-angle shot of the school roof at the beginning of Yuki and Mikuru's climactic battle.

this has bothered me for years

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Zas posted:

this has bothered me for years

Taniguchi seems like the type of guy that would have one of those drones. he helped them get that shot for the film but then he accidentally crashed the drone through a window on the upper floor of the school and got in trouble.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Taniguchi seems like the type of guy that would have one of those drones. he helped them get that shot for the film but then he accidentally crashed the drone through a window on the upper floor of the school and got in trouble.

canon

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thank you in training

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

thank you in training

/me sighs and looks out the window as the summer days pass on into summer nights

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do yall think if Haruhi was made today, she would eat at Chipotle all the time. And say Netflix is bae.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

Do yall think if Haruhi was made today, she would eat at Chipotle all the time. And say Netflix is bae.

id definitely invite her over to watch some netflix and chill

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
crunchyroll and chill

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

what current anime do you think Haruhi would watch

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Level E

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

wait, current... hmm, it would be gatcha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

.jpg posted:

wait, current... hmm, it would be gatcha

Definitely. And probably Ore Mono but she wouldn't tell anyone about it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite line in the second episode is something like "I turned him down because he wasn't an alien. Also, he asked me out over the phone. Who does that!" because it nicely sums up Haruhi's entire outlook on life, using the excuse of the supernatural to kinda bury her scarily-normal teenage girl nature.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i dont think she would watch anime. i bet she would like the x-files and watch those ghost hunter reality shows but then would get mad because they never catch a ghost

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

i dont think she would watch anime. i bet she would like the x-files and watch those ghost hunter reality shows but then would get mad because they never catch a ghost

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

*me wearing my fedora and ramones t-shirt standing against a pillar in teh cafeteria working up the courage to approach harhi*

so ummmmm haruhi i hear you like aliens and a stuff like that have you ever heard of a tv show called the x-files???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol thinking about it doesn't she mention ghost TV shows at some point being lame because they neve catch ghosts.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

*me wearing my fedora and ramones t-shirt standing against a pillar in teh cafeteria working up the courage to approach harhi*

so ummmmm haruhi i hear you like aliens and a stuff like that have you ever heard of a tv show called the x-files???

idk if you saw this

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

.jpg posted:

idk if you saw this

lamo i missed this. epic

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Nate RFB posted:

This is the best version of the ED that I could find on youtube (you can skip to 1:20 if you just want the song, but I recommend watching the intro).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmZxvHMRhK4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Post-simul we should watch all the Haruhi lucky star episodes , and all of Lucky Star.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

In Training posted:

Post-simul we should watch all the Haruhi lucky star episodes , and all of Lucky Star.

Agreed, although I think that scene is the only time that she actually busts out the Haruhi voice.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

what a time to be alive

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Satoru Kōsaki was the composer for Haruhi and Lucky Star and some other stuff and I think he's really good and should be mentioned

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I find a good chunk of the incidental music in Haruhi to be pretty unremarkable. The dramatic stuff is solid, but the lighter stuff does its job of setting the tone and nothing more.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I find a good chunk of the incidental music in Haruhi to be pretty unremarkable. The dramatic stuff is solid, but the lighter stuff does its job of setting the tone and nothing more.

I love the haruhi bgms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuvO3PJ_6rA&index=2&list=PL435868021BF3A4F5

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

The lighter songs are really good actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPkjUUBCoWs&list=PL435868021BF3A4F5&index=31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Man, finding this poo poo in the broadcast order is really hard to do. I swear one of these dodgy streaming sites just straight up mislabeled everything.

I posted the correct order earlier

• Locked thread