Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Get it, paid? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The Porre army is crushed and sent packing!

The mission was a success!

The participants have gained silver points!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Booyah!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'd like to hear Mithross' response before I break it down for you if you don't mind.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Fair enough

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I also don't really value your opinion on my being scum that much since you by your own admission don't give a crap about who gets dunked :v: But I will explain my thought process once Mithross explains his dillyo.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Quidnose posted:

So when I caught Mithross in a lie about buying an item yesterday, you think I made that up? Or what?

I never once said I bought an item, I said I got SP yesterday, and that my role relies mostly on town winning challenges.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm confident that KB is town now.

If he was scum, he absolutely would have failed that mission to justify shooting me or Opop.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Also, the merchant never came back, but each time has had a shop. That's where taste got the magic water and jurassic soup; there was a different shop in 65 million bc, like there is now in another world. It's been in the OP each day. So I could have bought an item, actually.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidnose posted:

I also don't really value your opinion on my being scum that much since you by your own admission don't give a crap about who gets dunked :v: But I will explain my thought process once Mithross explains his dillyo.

Much like Mithross yesterday saying I never explained my votes, saying I don't give a crap about who gets dunked is a pretty generous (mis)reading of my posts. I wanted Taste dunked. I wanted WWM dunked. I wanted "Not me" dunked when it was becoming me vs Chic, especially when it could have given me an out if they flipped scum. I have very much cared about dunks.

But to be clear, I think you're a scum because you continue to press cop claimed Jake in a strange to me way and you just happened to disappear right before a challenge came and didn't come back til after it was full when KB said he'd vig someone if it failed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Much like Mithross yesterday saying I never explained my votes, saying I don't give a crap about who gets dunked is a pretty generous (mis)reading of my posts. I wanted Taste dunked. I wanted WWM dunked. I wanted "Not me" dunked when it was becoming me vs Chic, especially when it could have given me an out if they flipped scum. I have very much cared about dunks.

But to be clear, I think you're a scum because you continue to press cop claimed Jake in a strange to me way and you just happened to disappear right before a challenge came and didn't come back til after it was full when KB said he'd vig someone if it failed.

That line of events is disingenuously presented. I was posting and then I wandered away to do something else (in this case, pick up some packages from my apartment complex.) I came back and the event was full.

Am I scum for getting my mail, chaoslord?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My point being you have absolutely no idea why I didn't join the event and to create a chain of causality based on KB's vig promise when the event was basically insta-jumped on is garbage.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

cop result claimed Jake

mafia edit

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

I never once said I bought an item, I said I got SP yesterday, and that my role relies mostly on town winning challenges.

How do you know you were roleblocked?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am now going to watch Modern Family with my girlfriend, if another person promises to vig me if I don't post in the thread please don't assume it is because I am scum thanks.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidnose posted:

My point being you have absolutely no idea why I didn't join the event and to create a chain of causality based on KB's vig promise when the event was basically insta-jumped on is garbage.

You're right, I don't know. That's why I said I think. You wouldn't be the first person to use "Oh no I was AFK" as a bad guy, so combined with the continued pushing of Jake I feel good about it. If you really did get your mail, though, then I hope you got something good! My mailbox was empty today. Not that I was expecting anything :(

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

You're right, I don't know. That's why I said I think. You wouldn't be the first person to use "Oh no I was AFK" as a bad guy, so combined with the continued pushing of Jake I feel good about it. If you really did get your mail, though, then I hope you got something good! My mailbox was empty today. Not that I was expecting anything :(

I got the two records from my record of the month club.

Mithross, I am still waiting on why you knew you were roleblocked.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

Also, the merchant never came back, but each time has had a shop. That's where taste got the magic water and jurassic soup; there was a different shop in 65 million bc, like there is now in another world. It's been in the OP each day. So I could have bought an item, actually.

Can someone corroborate this is true? I see nothing about this in Pig's posting. The only reference to the shop was the merchant, which Pig specifically said was gone and the Horror Tent was still open. I see nothing in thread to indicate that items were purchaseable to the general public in 65mil BC and I remember looking at it and seeing it was closed.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I got the two records from my record of the month club.

Mithross, I am still waiting on why you knew you were roleblocked.

Sorry, I was halfway through the post when I got pulled away. I know because my tent is closed for the day, and I didn't get a cut of the SP people spent yesterday.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize that the store changed every day, but I just bought a Shelter and someone has already bought the Aeon Blade.

KB, I would use your vig on chaos right now just in case.

Meanwhile, I'm going to have a sleepover in the backyard. Get into our PJs, get that flashlight under your chin, and tell spooky stories. Who wants to join me?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There may or may not also be s'mores.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I can't figure this game out. ##unvote Items existing are throwing off my puzzling out and I just don't have the energy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

I didn't realize that the store changed every day, but I just bought a Shelter and someone has already bought the Aeon Blade.

Meanwhile, I'm going to have a sleepover in the backyard. Get into our PJs, get that flashlight under your chin, and tell spooky stories. Who wants to join me?

I didn't buy anything so KB must have the Aeon Blade. Sure hope he's actually town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Although going by Taste's PM I guess if he's scum he wouldn't have had enough to buy it, so that's a good sign

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Since I promised to show my thought process, I thought Mithross initially had stated that he had no night action and then implied he knew he was roleblocked because his action had failed. When I asked him about that, this response:

Mithross posted:

Probably because I got 20 sp from jakes sword, and someone put 2 and 2 together

...read to me as "well duh, because someone knew I bought an item and put 2 and 2 together and roleblocked me," implying that his item action had failed which was why he knew he was roleblocked. Might have been a stretch.

But now I'm wondering again because the item purchases are public in thread (at least in terms of them disappearing) and I don't even remember if his shop was selling poo poo. And since the scumteam were the only one who really had SP beyond Mithross and would know who was purchasing what...this doesn't make a lot of sense as a reason.

I'm going to ##vote Mithross again. I don't like the way his claim has played out and enough of it is not adding up.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Although going by Taste's PM I guess if he's scum he wouldn't have had enough to buy it, so that's a good sign

Unless scumteam getting points from failed poo poo has allowed him money to do so. Has there been anything else that would have given KB enough money for that?

Asiina is the only person who's been on two events and one of them failed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Although she wouldn't be announcing she got the shelter. Unless she bought both.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Asiina is the only person who's been on two events and one of them failed.

I am actually not sure this is true hold on

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Can I, as a soon-to-be-ghost, join? I can enhance the spooky stories :ohdear:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I want to take KB but only after he uses his vig, since I don't know what this will do. It probably won't be bad cause Shelters are good items and I wrote a cute little story flavour to go along with it, but it might make us both hide or some nonsense and he won't be able to use his sword.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Pig may not even let me take another person, I dunno.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Screw it, I'm impatient.

Jake's mom drops him off at my house after dinner complete with sleeping bag and his stuffed Shrek doll. It's a little weird to have a doll like that, but I want the sleepover to go well so I don't say anything. My sleeping bag and potato plushie are already in the tent.

We get into our PJs and run out into the backyard, the grass is a little wet in the evening and tickles our feet.

We get comfy in the shelter when my mom brings out hot chocolate and a plate of smores and then thankfully goes back into the house. I'm a big girl now and I don't need her watching me all the time!

We consuming the ridiculous amount of sugar and I pull out the flashlight I took from my dad's workshop in the garage. Putting it under my chin I begin to tell a spooky story.

"...but then the killer was coming from INSIDE THE THREAD!" Ahhh!!! We scream and then descend into a fit of giggles, kicking each other through our sleeping bags.

All in all, a good evening.

##have sleepover in shelter with Jake.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Event 1: Asiina, Mithross, Taste - Failed, no SP delivered to town. TT we know got silver points re: his role PM.

Chaos lord gets Magic Water, usage unknown.
Chic gets Jurassic Soup, empowers her

Mithross receives 20 SP from the Jake sword.

Event 2: Chaos, Mithross, Chic. Failed, presumably from Chaos. No silver points awarded to town.

Event 3: KB, Asiina, Opop. Won, silver points received for town.

The only people who have publicly received Silver Points are Taste (re: failure), Mithross (20sp), and KB, Asiina, and Opop. Asiina says she spent her SP on the Shelter which cost 15sp. So the reward is somewhere between 15 and 25sp since the Blade was out of reach.

The means only a few people could have bought the blade:

1. Asiina, who was on both events and would have gotten money from the Event 1 failure if she is scum.
2. Mithross, who would have gotten money from two failed events if he is scum.

Nobody else should be able to afford it at this point.

Mithross, did you buy the blade?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

Screw it, I'm impatient.

Jake's mom drops him off at my house after dinner complete with sleeping bag and his stuffed Shrek doll. It's a little weird to have a doll like that, but I want the sleepover to go well so I don't say anything. My sleeping bag and potato plushie are already in the tent.

We get into our PJs and run out into the backyard, the grass is a little wet in the evening and tickles our feet.

We get comfy in the shelter when my mom brings out hot chocolate and a plate of smores and then thankfully goes back into the house. I'm a big girl now and I don't need her watching me all the time!

We consuming the ridiculous amount of sugar and I pull out the flashlight I took from my dad's workshop in the garage. Putting it under my chin I begin to tell a spooky story.

"...but then the killer was coming from INSIDE THE THREAD!" Ahhh!!! We scream and then descend into a fit of giggles, kicking each other through our sleeping bags.

:3: this is my favorite thing in the game

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Our reward was 30 SP, but someone already bought the blade when I checked.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

The Porre army is crushed and sent packing!

The mission was a success!

The participants have gained silver points!

Hah, amazing! I was leaning towards shooting Opop, my gut was telling me the scum was him. Guess not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Asiina posted:

Screw it, I'm impatient.

Asiina and Jake have fun at the sleepover and they slept in the tent all night long without getting scared!

Things happened

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hmm, Opop, did you buy the blade?

King Burgundy posted:

Hah, amazing! I was leaning towards shooting Opop, my gut was telling me the scum was him. Guess not.

We don't have any current corroborating evidence that whoever is left as a badman influences events, so I wouldn't make this jump and clear three people just yet.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Asiina and Jake have fun at the sleepover and they slept in the tent all night long without getting scared!

Things happened

ASIINA REPORT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay things!

• Locked thread