Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Hey guys, it's 2004 here are some pics of cars with big wheels and wings and hot chicks hheheheheheheheh

*takata_harness.jpg*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Truly half of the new car purchases in AI are really loving stupid financial decisions. :ssh: They're generally not the nice, cool, good cars, either.

They're Genesises. Genesi?

Also people giving me poo poo like two months ago for having the gall to say I have BC on ignore? LOL

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The "Chat Thread" is running it's course me thinks.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nah, I'm right-side up on my bank note on my Hyundai Mazda2.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

"General chat thread"

Post here very NON GENERALLY. GOOD TOPICS;

mental illnesses
D&d lite about why were poor
Yospos cattes! And terrible jobs
Why won't women talk to me
Network cables
Ugh my fucktard republican dad

Nothing else allowed. Thanks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

kastein posted:

Have you, corn in the fridge, and track day bro! considered getting a goddamn room and lemonpartying it up over there instead of aggressively shitposting every thread you idiots circlejerk in? Seriously, I'm reasonably sure the rest of AI just wants you all to shut the gently caress up with your drivel. You've all gone from just being idiot hellaflushers to intentionally being tards and your rap sheets already show it, but for some reason IOC is just slapping you fuckers on the wrist instead of actually doing something about it. Well, here's your response, because I no longer give enough of a gently caress to worry about getting probated over it. If that's the way things are going here, I'm not sure what the point is, I can read this kind of bullshit in BYOB and GBS if I want to.

Regular use of the ignore feature makes the forums a much more enjoyable place.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

kastein posted:

Have you, corn in the fridge, and track day bro! considered getting a goddamn room and lemonpartying it up over there instead of aggressively shitposting every thread you idiots circlejerk in? Seriously, I'm reasonably sure the rest of AI just wants you all to shut the gently caress up with your drivel. You've all gone from just being idiot hellaflushers to intentionally being tards and your rap sheets already show it, but for some reason IOC is just slapping you fuckers on the wrist instead of actually doing something about it. Well, here's your response, because I no longer give enough of a gently caress to worry about getting probated over it. If that's the way things are going here, I'm not sure what the point is, I can read this kind of bullshit in BYOB and GBS if I want to.

:salt:
:butt:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
:munch:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SuperDucky posted:

Truly half of the new car purchases in AI are really loving stupid financial decisions. :ssh: They're generally not the nice, cool, good cars, either.

They're Genesises. Genesi?

Also people giving me poo poo like two months ago for having the gall to say I have BC on ignore? LOL

Why do you think I daily a 25 year old Audi 90? Because, even with mechanical and electrical issues, I owe nothing on it and anything that would be a car payment can go towards maintenance.

Which, just remembered, gotta order the turbocharger and harmonic balancer for my TDI so I can get my fuel sipper running again, the new job is....quite the drive. At least I fixed the AC in the Audi before being stuck in Atlanta hell traffic for two hours.

Phone posted:

Nah, I'm right-side up on my bank note on my Hyundai Mazda2.

I cannot help looking and Hyundais and just seeing how many other car companies they ripped off in their design work. And Hyundais always seem to have trim pieces that are falling off.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bape Culture posting game: try to determine whether or not he's sober.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

CommieGIR posted:

I cannot help looking and Hyundais and just seeing how many other car companies they ripped off in their design work. And Hyundais always seem to have trim pieces that are falling off.

The most naked rip off is of the Accord in the mid 2000s and the Sonata or whatever. All they did was like invert the trapezoidal shape of the tail lights.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Guys, guys, hey guys... let's hug it out and get back to chat.

I just mowed my yard and I'm going camping this weekend. New North Face tent and self-inflating sleeping pad will make it like luxury camping.

Phone posted:

Bape Culture posting game: try to determine whether or not he's sober.

I thought that was the STR game? :glomp:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
im not a troll btw 😢

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

meatpimp posted:

Guys, guys, hey guys... let's hug it out and get back to chat.

I just mowed my yard and I'm going camping this weekend. New North Face tent and self-inflating sleeping pad will make it like luxury camping.

Recently mown yard crew represent. My backyard is so loving serene right after I mow it. Gonna set up the camping hammock soon and bask.

We need more hiking/camping poo poo up in here. Motorcycle camping sounds like it owns. What kind of camping are you into?

corn in the fridge posted:

im not a troll btw 😢

I appreciate your posts and like you as a virtual person.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Bape Culture posted:

Nice meltdown

That wasn't a meltdown. If I melted down someone would probably call the police. That was me simply not applying my nice-person filter anymore because I'm tired of your stupid poo poo.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

kastein posted:

That wasn't a meltdown. If I melted down someone would probably call the police. That was me simply not applying my nice-person filter anymore because I'm tired of your stupid poo poo.

Taken 4 shaping up to be a monster.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Hey, I asked about car stuffs in here this morning, but I guess we don't talk about cars on the car forum :shrug:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Adiabatic posted:

Recently mown yard crew represent. My backyard is so loving serene right after I mow it. Gonna set up the camping hammock soon and bask.

We need more hiking/camping poo poo up in here. Motorcycle camping sounds like it owns. What kind of camping are you into?

I was going to get a nice hammock for this trip, but it's with a bunch of 10-16 year old Boy Scouts and it'd get trashed in 3-5 seconds after I first turned my back.

This weekend is paddles and pedals -- 15 miles of canoeing on Saturday and 25 mile bike ride on Sunday with my boy and the rest of them. I'm getting rid of my Eureka Spitfire 1-man tent for the TNF 2-man, because the Eureka was too small to even fit my backpack in it last year, and since then I upgraded to an ILBE.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

I thought that was the STR game? :glomp:

Awwww, mean.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

BloodBag posted:

Hey, I asked about car stuffs in here this morning, but I guess we don't talk about cars on the car forum :shrug:

Sorry, man, the only thing I know about Houston is that I want to stay far away from it.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Also mustard let's be fair the evidence clearly shows I absolutely can ham fist a computer apart

OK I'll rephrase: you can't hamfist a computer apart and expect it to go back together again.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Adiabatic posted:

Have you checked out the motorcycle camping thread in CA yet? Pretty cool info and lots of pics and stories.

No yard mowing here, most of my grass is dead and there are tons of weeds. Even a mesquite tree started and appears to be doing well. We are saving up to desert scape our backyard because it will be so much nicer. Outdoor bed, nice picnic table, fire pit for winter. Hoping to have citrus trees along the wall for shade and fruit! Really excited about it.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Sigma X posted:

Sorry, man, the only thing I know about Houston is that I want to stay far away from it.

I should have done the same.

Have some cattes for your troubles

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

You get the forum you deserve.

so what did we do to deserve you?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

BloodBag posted:

Gonna need more info on these cattes.

They pass emissions and inspection okay? Any mods. Beautiful cattes.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

so what did we do to deserve you?

just be'd awesome.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

BloodBag posted:

Those are some pretty good cats. I got a message from my girlfriend this morning, who is a vet tech, that one of my favorite client-pets has some lung problems and probably won't make it. I just played with you two weekends ago, and you were fine! Good luck, Rascal Catts.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Kastein if you melt down for real can I have one of your trucks and some cool wiring connectors?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Astonishing Wang posted:

Kastein if you melt down for real can I have one of your trucks and some cool wiring connectors?

I call Kastein-haus and the Justy.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i call his house

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Adiabatic posted:

thank you i like your thread

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I think we need an open discussion about what is allowed and not allowed in the chat thread... I have always liked SA because there are (or used to be) a hard and fast set of rules. The rules kept a lot of the bullshit out. I stopped reporting a lot of the bullshit that's cropped up in the past while when I reported an emptyquote thread, and this happened:

quote:

IOwnCalculus wrote on Jun 1, 2015 3:54 PM:

quote:

Reported by: meatpimp
User Comments / Explanation: Empty quoting. Are there any rules anymore?

It's the low-effort misc chat thread, I'm not going to hit people in that thread anymore for single-emoticon / emptyquoting.

Now there are multiple people stuck in kitty jail because of single-emoticon replies... are we all equal here, but some are not as equal as others?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

So while various shitheads were posting "hello" and copy-pasting AI chat thread quotes into The Ray Parlour, my pickup was breaking down even more! Huzzah!

Can someone tell me what the green wire on this starter is for? I see the battery and motor terminals, and I see the terminal for the ignition switch, but I can't figure out where the green wire goes. It's currently hanging disconnected on my pickup, and I can't remember if it's always been like that or not--and I can't find anything obvious for it to connect to.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm okay with low effort posting ITT as long as it doesn't bleed into the rest of the forum. I really only read the rest of the threads in here but not post much because I don't have much/anything of value to add.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What I'm saying here is I'm not a good poster so I don't post much ITF (in this forum)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

meatpimp posted:

I think we need an open discussion about what is allowed and not allowed in the chat thread

Yes, we do, and I'll own that. I've been trying to stay hands-off in here for most poo poo, under the idea that most AI posters are capable of making a low-effort joke once in a while (like an emptyquote or an imagemacro) without running it into the ground and being obnoxious. The reality is that it isn't creating an environment that most people actually want, myself included. Instead, it's encouraging some people to see just how lovely of a post they can get away with.

Going forward: Talk about whatever you want, but you do need to put at least the same effort into a post here as you would elsewhere in AI. If all you want to post is "hello", AI is not the forum for you.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Finally got the WiFi password here at work!... Cuz I need to do mad paperwork. :downswords:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

What I'm saying here is I'm not a good poster so I don't post much ITF (in this forum)

TT of '13 was not a good poster. You're something better than that. I don't really care about low effort posting, but if we have rules, they should be followed.

Tusen Takk posted:

I'm okay with low effort posting ITT as long as it doesn't bleed into the rest of the forum.

Things spill over to IRC with regularity, why is inter-forum any different than intra-forum?

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yes, we do, and I'll own that. I've been trying to stay hands-off in here for most poo poo, under the idea that most AI posters are capable of making a low-effort joke once in a while (like an emptyquote or an imagemacro) without running it into the ground and being obnoxious. The reality is that it isn't creating an environment that most people actually want, myself included. Instead, it's encouraging some people to see just how lovely of a post they can get away with.

Going forward: Talk about whatever you want, but you do need to put at least the same effort into a post here as you would elsewhere in AI. If all you want to post is "hello", AI is not the forum for you.

This sounds fair.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Hello; what car is the spoked thing on the wall of the catte house from? Its a nice detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Breath Ray posted:

Hello; what car is the spoked thing on the wall of the catte house from? Its a nice detail.

It's a Seiko "Wall Clock" 18" with 0 offset in a 2x30 pattern.

• Locked thread