Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Syllables posted:

To be honest I prefered the kinda "villian of the week" format part 3, 4 and to an extent 6 had.

It was just so cool seeing more stands and their abilities.

I have a friend who didn't like part 3 as much because it was all villain of the week and large chunks of it didn't really develop the story aside from them moving ever closer to egypt.

Can't wait for part 4, where something like the middle third of the story is "stands? STANDS??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Stairmaster posted:

just let kyoani do a dio slice of life

jojo but it's set in a private school, with stands being the various mysteries of the school campus

I wanna see kids get into brutal as hell jojo fights

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Interesting!
People are going off of an interview with Araki about All-Star Battle where he referred to it as a parallel universe (referring to the two Josukes existing in parallel universes). Looks like he either changed his mind by the time Jojolion came around or it's just another thing he forgot about.

I think it's obvious the interview from way back he started sbr isn't really relevant with what we see in jojolion.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I want a 1950s greaser JoJo in a Stand dance competition.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Slice of life retelling of Stardust Crusaders from DIO's perspective.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Aurain posted:

Here ya go.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nothing sexual?
I don't think DIO will approve.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Aurain posted:

Nothing sexual?
I don't think DIO will approve.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://jump-netabare.seesaa.net/article/424360128.html

A couple of photos of JoJolion 46 and some text what I assume is thoughts on the chapter.

The twins as a pair are Aphex Twin(s). Their names are Schkotty 1 and 2

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Looks like we're gonna learn some more about the rock people this chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Summary by the scanlator of JJL
The brothers are called the Aphex Brothers (Twins). Their Stands are "Schottky No.1" for the older brother and "Schottky No.2" for the younger. The younger brother's ability seems to be a poison gas sort of Stand that he keeps inside the ball. Karera's Stand is called Love Love Deluxe. This chapter is mostly a fight. The older brother says Jousuke's ability of "stealing and destroying" is similar to Kira's, but he also seems to be a lot like Josefumi. Jousuke fights them by stuffing the ball full of Soft and Wet bubbles (This summary is pretty vague). Karera used her ability to light them on fire using her hair ability to spread a fire she started using the gasoline. She mistakenly thinks that Jousuke is Josefumi having used the Rokakaka fruit's equivalent exchange power with Kira.

The source for that, and his source on there.
http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=206431#p206431

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Aurain posted:

The twins as a pair are Aphex Twin(s). Their names are Schkotty 1 and 2

Hahaha good, I love it.

KimotaBoom
Feb 8, 2008
Duck and cover. That's the first thing to do. Duck and cover.

Aurain posted:

90 year old Joseph Joestar's adventures in an old folk's home full of stand users.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

KimotaBoom posted:

90 year old Joseph Joestar's adventures in an old folk's home full of stand users.

I would dearly love to see the stands for such old people hits as Chattanooga Choo Choo and Brother Can You Spare a Dime

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

SMH Araki missed the chance to name his twins the Smothers Brothers.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

KimotaBoom posted:

Senile Joesph retelling part 2 and 3 to Shizuka then it ends with her having never actually been there

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Crossposting from the thread for posters who don't read good:

On Sunday I am going to be starting us off right with my take on the first three chapters of part 4. I won't always do "just" three chapters, but there's a lot to digest in these three as they lay the foundation for what follows so grab your favorite version of Part 4 and get ready, because Let's Effort Read JJBA Part 4 begins now!

And for those who aren't familiar with my style of analysis, you can see my other :words: about manga here: https://manuelamalasanya.wordpress.com/effort-series/. The Let's Read won't be in the same format as The Anatomy of the Art of Dragonball, but those are the sorts of things I'll be commenting on in addition to the standard Let's Read commentary.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

KimotaBoom posted:

Bubba-joe-thep.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My ideal Part 9 is a JoJo in the WWE, wrestling other Stand using wrestlers

Syllables
Jul 2, 2011

XOF XOF XOF

:fag:
Jojon Cena with his stand "The Time is now" - its just jotaro's stand again.

His ultimate ability is a suplex which transverses time and space, K-Oing Macho Man into the Irene Universe

Syllables fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 20, 2015

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
John Cena is effectively already a jojo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv6V-gFGv-A

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

how long do you think araki has been waiting to be able to use the name 'aphex twins'

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Courtroom drama but with stands

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Phoenix Joestar

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Get this.....The Wire....but with Stands

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Get this.....The Wire....but with Stands

someone draw bunk as abdul right now

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

IGGY COMIN

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Stairmaster posted:

someone draw bunk as abdul right now
Season 2 is Bunk having his own Diamond is Unbreakable while D'Angelo and Avon have their own Stone Ocean

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Frank Sobotka, of course, is a Working Class Hero.

Bubbles get's Way Down in the Hole.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I've had this avatar since I first signed up and now I'm itching for a change; also decided I don't care if people find out that I'm not a dude. I wanna buy myself a Jojo avatar though! Anybody got any good suggestions on ladies from Jojo that would look neato in an avatar?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

How about this?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jolyne is always a good contender

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
If you want a real lady from Jojo, only one lady will do

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Xibanya posted:

I've had this avatar since I first signed up and now I'm itching for a change; also decided I don't care if people find out that I'm not a dude. I wanna buy myself a Jojo avatar though! Anybody got any good suggestions on ladies from Jojo that would look neato in an avatar?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

jolyne is always a good contender

Balls Deep Kujo

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Bad Seafood posted:

How about this?

Hells yeah. Lisa Lisa rules.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Every lady I know who's seen Jojo has gone starry-eyed over Lisa Lisa.

I can't blame them.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Whoa, somebody bought me a new avatar! Thanks, unknown benefactor! I will strike a pose just for you.

Lisa Lisa is a pretty rad character, particularly for a female character in a shonen manga from the 80s. What's kinda fun also about Lisa Lisa is that there are so many stories in fiction about someone training under some hardass mentor only to find out that the mentor was actually their father or something and then the story speaks to the unspoken bond of kinship and manliness between a father and son and blah blah blah but you don't really see much in fiction stories about a dude learning essential life skills from their mom -- and I don't just mean manga, I mean in any fiction. So yep, that's cool. And for that reason I don't mind Lisa Lisa getting injured just to let Joseph have a chance to go do main character stuff, because even if her character had been male, that kind of poo poo always happens to the mentor character.

E: grammar

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 21, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Xibanya posted:

Whoa, somebody bought me a new avatar! Thanks, unknown beneficiary! I will strike a pose just for you.

Lisa Lisa is a pretty rad character, particularly for a female character in a shonen manga from the 80s. What's kinda fun also about Lisa Lisa is that there are so many stories in fiction about someone training under some hardass mentor only to find out that the mentor was actually their father or something and then the story speaks to the unspoken bond of kinship and manliness between a father and son and blah blah blah but you don't really see much in fiction stories about a dude learning essential life skills from their mom -- and I don't just mean manga, I mean in any fiction. So yep, that's cool. And for that reason I don't mind Lisa Lisa getting injured just to let Joseph have a chance to go do main character stuff, because even if her character had been male, that kind of poo poo always happens to the mentor character.

It's not like it doesn't happen to everyone else in Battle Tendency, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Araki allegedly wanted to give Lisa Lisa more stuff to do, but his editor told him otherwise.

Part 2 is pretty much the Joseph Joestar show though, regardless of who you are.