Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

UserErr0r posted:

Performance modifications add up in price.

edit: or is that a shark card idiot bait trap as well?

I didn't spend near that much to have it tuned up for racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Nintendo Kid posted:

I didn't spend near that much to have it tuned up for racing.

I got my numbers from the spreadsheet in the op. There may have been errors re-entering that data into my spreadsheet (I originally added an extra 0 to the Bati), but this is what it has for the Sadler:
Utility Sadler 1:20.378 AWD 4 35,000 89,250 124,250

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

In the time it took you to write this you could have made a video of how awesome your exploits are.

Shima Honnou posted:

My crew and I spent some time during the weeklong bonus for Pacific sussing out the best tactics. It's possible to beat it in like 1 hour and 15-30 minutes or so, with speed. Enough that we've ran it multiple times in a night just because.

First part's easy, just have the navigators drive themselves while the drivers dick around. The trucks seem to always start in the same place so once you've got a feel for their route you can find them quick. If you feel cheeky, have one of the drivers sit around on the road with the mall that has a road that goes under it, near the Los Santos Customs place, since the truck you have to steal spawns down that road.

Saving Kramer from the FBI is a wildcard. We bring an armored Kuruma on land all the way out to the bridge beyond Zancudo. There's four sea-doos there you can use and it's close enough that you can literally snipe the helicopter before you even get there (But a shitload of cops spawn on the beach and rush you quick). After that two of us use the sea-doos that spawn to get to the cabin where you stash vehicles in Humane and then climb a hill and hunt helicopters, and two others take Kramer on the police boat to the the Kuruma then drive on the road along the river that the sea-doos take. Usually the Kuruma can just climb the same hill the rocketeers do and wait out the cops right there while rockets keep the 'copters off them and cops are unable to easily climb it, then safely drive Kramer over where he needs to go with like 2 minutes on the clock to spare. This mission is the one that eats up the most time.

Van is insanely easy. We send two dudes in the front and two jack a car to go in the back alley, behind the boxes the rival crew uses as cover. You can't drive past those boxes but the NPCs in there are all setup to use that poo poo as cover so you can shred over half their force with a quick drive-by. After that it's just drive out as normal and we usually waste a couple minutes dicking around blowing up the van in various ways. If you feel like it, you can also park your own vehicles right in front of where you need to go for the fight with the heisters and they won't despawn so you could do it in a Kuruma or Insurgent if you wanted, despite having to drive the van back to the same place.

Convoy is also easy. We just jam up the bridge, then drive a car up the hill and everyone gets behind it as cover (Generally the convoy doesn't even shoot since we're too far away though, but just in case), takes out sniper rifles and has a contest to get the Hind D down before it even gets past the mountains, and then we just snipe everything in the convoy and drive off. One in the truck, three in the Insurgent with gun, everybody drive-bys (Remember, sweep the cabin of a car to basically murder the poo poo out of anything inside). The most dangerous thing here is the truck getting blown up from nuking Merryweather jeeps that get too close, or the helicopter spawns getting close enough to let off a good volley, but they shouldn't because whoever's on the big gun should be going nuts on it and everything around you for the whole second half, especially when you get into town with lots of civvie targets.

Bikes is another super-easy one. The hard part is getting in, which can be solved with a Kuruma or just a lot of murdering. Then just drive out and take the route the game wants you to take, but take the sidewalk instead of the street. You have to drive past some scaffolding, be careful of ramping off a civvie and wiping out, and be careful at street crossings, otherwise you're basically done in like 2 minutes.

For the heist itself, we go in, kill every civvie just for fun and to get NOOSE to spawn. A trick here is only have one person take the money instead of both. One dude can carry the whole amount, and then even if he takes hits it's less risk of losing the money since it just drains from one pool instead of two. Then we blow everything up with two in the front with gatling guns or grenade launchers taking everything possible down before it becomes a threat, money dude behind us a little bit, and one guy with an assault rifle or something behind him killing any spawns to protect the money man. Get to the bikes, and then instead of leaving with them, two dudes without money take them down the street. Turn right from the complex the bikes are at, then left. Down the street there's an unlocked SWAT truck (This isn't there if the alarm isn't rung so you have to get NOOSE called, I think), those two dudes get in the front seats and off you go back to the complex where the moneyman and his protector stayed behind. Back in and let them get in the back. After that, it's just a cruise on down until you get to where the Convoy mission happens. Instead of following Lester's loving dumb plan, turn onto the dirt road and follow the river down until you get to the boat. Drive-by anyone who's too close when you reach the boat and then just drive the truck into the water. After that everyone ditches in the water and gets in the boat, then you're done usually with a few minutes to spare on the clock. The interesting thing here is we've done this plan multiple times without losing a single dollar, although do be aware that cops can sometimes score hits through the back windows of the SWAT truck so the dudes in back are not completely safe. Just make sure they don't open the doors and shoot out, because that's where they're at risk. The two up front are your turrets, the two in back you're keeping safe. I suppose you could also take the highway along the coast instead and just turn off at the same place you would for parking the Kuruma on the beach for saving Kramer, you'd just be approaching the boat from a different angle.

In the end, after we figured that poo poo out it went from one of our least favorite to one of the better heists for us.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
No one can mock me for making a spreadsheet out of shark cards vs grinding missions after that essay.

I'd like to try the SWAT truck escape some time. We already skip lester's route and go straight to the boat, but SWAT truck is different than the apartment+kuruma trick.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

geeves posted:

In the time it took you to write this you could have made a video of how awesome your exploits are.

None of them want to play much since the double RP stuff's over :(

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

people with the GOON plates are from the sa group correct?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

No.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

I thought custom plates were unique. Are there a bunch of people with these GOON plates and if so how DO you get them?

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

frenton posted:

I thought custom plates were unique. Are there a bunch of people with these GOON plates and if so how DO you get them?

Plates used to be unique, they realized that was stupid and removed it in a recent update

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

No we have better, more original ideas than that.

I still have no idea what to put in my last garage spot.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AirRaid posted:

I still have no idea what to put in my last garage spot.

Tuned up Faggio.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

AirRaid posted:

Is "Rollin6s" a crips reference?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

No it's a reference to the highest number you can roll on a standard die and the fact that the car the plate is on has 6 wheels.

Literally, Rolling Sixes.

Stiroc
Apr 24, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

Pacific Standard Heist :eng101:

A few things to add to this:

For getting Kramer you can book it to the Vinewood police station at the start of the mission and grab the helicopter that is on the roof, you'll have climb up from the west side of the building. Fly to the island, clear it and airlift him to the mission pointer, you need to get pretty low to hit the trigger that allows you to start losing the cop stars. Maybe the trigger on the lake also works, I haven't tried.

Van can be sped up by just driving a kuruma straight to the crew site and murdering them. Ignore the mission directions, only one person is actually needed to bring the white van.

Similarly with Convoy, we tend to stop at the bridge, snipe the heli down and then directly drive up to the incoming convoy. There is no need to wait for them to come to you. Go in armored cars though because that mounted gun can shred you.

For the final heist I generally find it easiest to blow up the bikes, this triggers the boat checkpoint and then do the usual apartment kuruma thing. With money loss being back I usually drive the normal mission route and just left of the jump carefully drive down the dry mountain stream bed. No chance of pubbies loving up a parachute jump and no cops at the boat. Probably best to try this on a dry run first, it's tempting to go too fast, causing you to tumble down and explode. Also if you are not a fan of NOOSE you can hold out the RPG in the bank and it will be scary enough to keep the hostages intimidated.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

AirRaid posted:

No it's a reference to the highest number you can roll on a standard die and the fact that the car the plate is on has 6 wheels.

Literally, Rolling Sixes.

Ah, I figured as much about the 6x6 but I thought it was a pun on the Rollin 60's crip gang. I might listen to too much rap.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
What do we need to do to get GTA golf, tennis, arm wrestling, and darts treated as a serious esport and for us to go pro?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
mandatory drug testing (we'd all fail)

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Zigmidge posted:

mandatory drug testing (we'd all fail)

:420: :2bong:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I laughed way too hard at this :golfclap:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

T1g4h posted:

I laughed way too hard at this :golfclap:

A joke specifically for AI goons. :v:

It works on so many other levels too though.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I wish this dumb game could last longer than 10 mins a session before dropping me into my personal one. --edit: Firewall disabled and computer set as DMZ host (with public IP aliasing bullshit). Can't get more connected to the net.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 21, 2015

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I figured out why I couldn't get custom plates in online.

Months ago I tried getting a custom plate on Trevor, but I never opened the text message. So that plate was stuck as the active pending order on my account. I hadn't played singleplayer for about 2 months between requesting that plate and rerunning some missions last week.

It's really dumb because if you try to order a second plate, with a first plate order still pending, it's supposed to cancel that first order (the app tells you this). Apparently it doesn't do this if that pending order is in single player.

Also, rest in peace, T1g4h

edit: nevermind, now I can't get any more plates to process, again. And this time there's no unanswered texts on any of my single player characters' phones

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 22, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Welp, apparently R* didn't like me immediately giving myself more money after they zeroed my bank :v:

So how do you tell how long a GTAO ban is for? I'm not exactly super concerned since i've still got a good backlog of games to work through, just wondering how long I have to miss out on shooting dudes with Goons.

e: Support got back to me, 2 week ban. Cool, that's 2 weeks to run through Torchlight II then :v:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 22, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It was fun listening to that while I was stuck in prison heist finale hell. :v:

A lvl. 86 who crashed the plane three times, once at the airport. When I took pilot, someone failed the heist while I was still taxiing at the airport, twice. Then when we finally did it, I was left flying around for twelve god drat minutes while they got out of the prison.

There was one silver lining. When the heist ended, I left the apartment, found the armoured Kuruma belonging to the guy who screwed us the most, wrenched open the door, and as he got in and drove away, got one expertly thrown sticky inside. Remember folks, all the armour in the world doesn't protect you if the explosive is inside the car.

Goons really are the only people worth doing anything with. I understand now.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
So new heist DLC gameplay leaked today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95_vnm70wC8

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Since that hussy c0upedeville is seeing other people, is anyone interested in doing the "all heists in order with the same people" challenge thing, over the course of the next week? PC version, obviously

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

T1g4h posted:

e: Support got back to me, 2 week ban. Cool, that's 2 weeks to run through Torchlight II then :v:

And with that avatar you've got there, the Mad Max game is a little under two weeks away. :q:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

And with that avatar you've got there, the Mad Max game is a little under two weeks away. :q:

Yup! Pre-ordering that when I get paid Monday because I have to have that Ripper body :fap:

I don't care if it's terrible as gently caress, everything i'm seeing makes it look like Assassin's Creed Black Flag, but with a post-apoc wasteland and sweet rear end muscle cars. I'm all in regardless.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

UserErr0r posted:

Since that hussy c0upedeville is seeing other people, is anyone interested in doing the "all heists in order with the same people" challenge thing, over the course of the next week? PC version, obviously

Sorry, i'll sever ties immediately.

ITS OVER BITCH

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

UserErr0r posted:

Since that hussy c0upedeville is seeing other people...

i'm so sorry user i let u down :smith:

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Hey PC goons, I'd like to play with more of you. I'm in WEZL but haven't done any field reporting yet. I should get on that. Here is my social club page, be my friend please. I can't get a group of pubbies through heist setups, help would be appreciated and I'm usually game for helping with missions/heists/hi-jinks/etc.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I made a terrible video of our adventures as rouge cops. It's pretty bad. Many helicopter pilots were blown up in its production.

Is there a way to use custom music in the editor, or am I going to have to export a thousand videos to windows movie maker and do my editing there? I have an idea for another video, but the sequence relies heavily on the lyrics of the song I'd use.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

T1g4h posted:

Yup! Pre-ordering that when I get paid Monday because I have to have that Ripper body :fap:

I don't care if it's terrible as gently caress, everything i'm seeing makes it look like Assassin's Creed Black Flag, but with a post-apoc wasteland and sweet rear end muscle cars. I'm all in regardless.

Pre-ordered. WITNESS.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Glad to see my government agent vehicle is getting some use :)

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Danthrax posted:

Hey PC goons, I'd like to play with more of you. I'm in WEZL but haven't done any field reporting yet. I should get on that. Here is my social club page, be my friend please. I can't get a group of pubbies through heist setups, help would be appreciated and I'm usually game for helping with missions/heists/hi-jinks/etc.

Join the mumble channel.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Join the mumble channel.

Do people in mumble do heists and stuff often? I used to idle often but would always forget to check it when I was actually playing. I need videogame dollars to dress up my virtual barbie dolls :homebrew:

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
We don't heist all the time, we prefer regular missions (they're far less repetitive (if you have no more than 4 players together) and have no time commitment), but all you have to ask is "does anyone want to run a heist?" and we'll more than likely say "yes". Usually you'll expect 3 people, but get 4 responses, so then you need to pick which poor son of a bitch you want to exclude and be lonely for the next 90 minutes. (It was me last night, and I'm bitter :()

Some people are really into their GTAO hacking:

What's even the point? It's GTA, not a CS or DOTA game.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Aug 22, 2015

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Cool and thanks, I prefer missions but assumed heists were more popular because the payouts come in bigger chunks.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Thief posted:

Cool and thanks, I prefer missions but assumed heists were more popular because the payouts come in bigger chunks.

They are more popular if you want money, but they get very repetitive after a dozen runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I did the Humane Labs finale for the first time today. Piece of cake, except our pilot 'Crashmaster' turned out to be very aptly named.

Can you guess where he crashed on the map and failed the heist? If you guessed that he crashed and failed the mission directly on the yellow dot that ends the heist then give yourself a prize!

• Locked thread