Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

etalian posted:

Can we at least agree that the indian girl who works at the restaurant is pretty smoking hot?

Yes but not as hot as Nora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
God, I got so mad at Nora in the last episode. Two feet away from the wheel of a car, or 100 yards in the open to a building she doesn't even know is open. I personally would have taken the ton of fast moving protective metal shielding that can run poo poo down and over.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I like this show but certain things are absurdly dumb. It is widely known that there is some crazy vampire plague but people are still chilling and delivering chinese food and poo poo.

Vampire apocalypse has to be good for the food delivery business, kinda like bad weather.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
They have a heart of gold with the $50 delivery fee.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How are you gonna pay the bills for all the anti-vampire gear if you dont go to work and earn a living IDIOT

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
You guys forgot about the "Master" choosing a new body... which was dumb as well.

Morkfang
Dec 9, 2009

I'm awesome.
:smug:

Knee posted:

You guys forgot about the "Master" choosing a new body... which was dumb as well.

What? Why? His old body was damaged and he moved into a new and younger one instead of an old one. What's the problem?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
The show is so ridiculous that I am kind of unphased about anything at this point. I don't think it takes itself super seriously either.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought casting hosed up because I was confused why an old Mexican wrestler decided to retire and open an Indian restaurant with his Indian family, maybe his wife was Indian, but nope, Mexican dudes just the dishwasher.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

ruddiger posted:

I thought casting hosed up because I was confused why an old Mexican wrestler decided to retire and open an Indian restaurant with his Indian family, maybe his wife was Indian, but nope, Mexican dudes just the dishwasher.

Yes, and it ties into his backstory which we've been slowly seeing through the episodes that feature him. Its kind of a minor plot but its there.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Knee posted:

Not really, he'd want to keep Eichorst on as his #1 servant. No one does it better than Eichorst.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

spookygonk posted:

Not really, he'd want to keep Eichorst on as his #1 servant. No one does it better than Eichorst.

Him and Walder are like the only two decent things in the show right now. gently caress listening to Eichorst through a vocoder.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ruddiger posted:

I want a show about how he went from movie actor to dish washer.

Then another with the young version of old person doing stuff in the 70s.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

spookygonk posted:

Yeah several of The Master's plans require someone with viable work experience in a Concentration Camp and that's why Eichorst is allowed to be himself instead of the countless minions who are one step above zombies.

What I really don't get is why Eichorst thought he'd be the new host and why that's something to look forward to

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the thing is that even though the new host is subsumed by the Master there is still parts of them left. Like when he took over Sardu he still had vestiges of his personality.

For this week's episode me and my brother joked about how the guy trying to kill Eph was actually a continuity cop to try and get things back on track to the books.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

I think the thing is that even though the new host is subsumed by the Master there is still parts of them left. Like when he took over Sardu he still had vestiges of his personality.

For this week's episode me and my brother joked about how the guy trying to kill Eph was actually a continuity cop to try and get things back on track to the books.

Did I miss something from the show? What left over Sardu things were there, and how did they show it?

Bolivar was the better choice since he was a celebrity, and had some recognition among the public. In the larger scheme of things, if your plan is to infect most of the world and rule telepathically then it doesn't matter what he looks like, but I seem to remember that the Master had some vain motives for having Boli-vessel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stuff like specifically going after the children of the village and wanting to get the cane back.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

spookygonk posted:

I was gonna be really pissed if he'd taken over Eichorst. He's a great villain.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Stuff like specifically going after the children of the village and wanting to get the cane back.

Hmm. Looking through the wikipedia (its been a while since I read the books) it seems you are right. Apparently the conscience of the person is maintained and suppressed.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

Caryna posted:

What? Why? His old body was damaged and he moved into a new and younger one instead of an old one. What's the problem?

I meant the scene was dumb, not the pick a new body thing; I mean that had to happen. Maybe it was the dialogue, maybe the new host choice. I dunno, something about the scene seemed awkward.

Knee fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 19, 2015

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Eh, his old body just looked like the goofiest vampire clown fish face possible. There was no way to take that make up/costume seriously. So I'm glad they did the body change already.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jack Skeleton posted:

Eh, his old body just looked like the goofiest vampire clown fish face possible. There was no way to take that make up/costume seriously. So I'm glad they did the body change already.

At least they explained why.

Blackchamber posted:

Hmm. Looking through the wikipedia (its been a while since I read the books) it seems you are right. Apparently the conscience of the person is maintained and suppressed.

I was kinda hoping when The Master left Sardu's body we'd get some last glimpse of Sardu coming back to consciousness after 400 years of being trapped in a living hell. If he was alive in there it would have pretty bad, since unlike Bolivar Sardu wasn't a willing convert, and had been a nice guy before being taken over.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Roger Cross was probably written to be killed off as soon as he joined Dark Matter.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

spookygonk posted:

Eichorst is one of the few consistently good things about the show.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm extremely annoyed by the lack of structure this season.

They show our Latin warrior in service of the Ancients - they abandon that plot without a single mention, and make up a whole new subplot for the same character

They introduce Professor to the Ancients - it's not mentioned at any point after the end of that episode...

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
We are 1.5 seasons in, can we stop pretending this was ever a good show or even had potential after the second episode? The first season was terrible, the second season is terrible, it will have a season three that will be terrible and then be cancelled leaving the story unfinished. But there are fun moments that almost make up for it. You have to embrace the bad.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

I'm extremely annoyed by the lack of structure this season.

They show our Latin warrior in service of the Ancients - they abandon that plot without a single mention, and make up a whole new subplot for the same character

They introduce Professor to the Ancients - it's not mentioned at any point after the end of that episode...

Not a new subplot actually, Angel is in the book and as you may have guessed uses his wrestling moves to beat up 'munchers'.

Also we know that Gus is going to be brought back to the Ancients team again, since new Quinlan was asking them if they had anymore day-fighters left. So now he'll have luchador backup this time around.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
WHY THE gently caress WASN'T STEPHEN MCHATTIE JUST QUINLAN TO BEGIN WITH!? That is the most bizarre piece of writing that's ever graced television.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Knee posted:

I meant the scene was dumb, not the pick a new body thing; I mean that had to happen. Maybe it was the dialogue, maybe the new host choice. I dunno, something about the scene seemed awkward.

It was a great scene. You got to see the German get burned. I don't think he'll do a full Darth Vader or anything but he'll be more open to the idea of subtle sabotage as a form of passive aggression. A good character building moment.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Roger Cross was probably written to be killed off as soon as he joined Dark Matter.

Working two shows would be like a vacation to Roger Cross. A few years ago he was a regular on three shows and recurring on another two. Oh, and he also found time to guest star on other shows...

knife super power
Nov 4, 2010
Can they just make Quinlan the main character now? He's been in three episodes and he's already far more interesting than all the family drama/ love triangle bullshit this show has done.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

I liked how the 2000+ year old hybrid killing machine was stopped from fulfilling his lifelong quest for vengeance by a few feet of rubble that a child could climb over within seconds.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit
I like how Setrakian and Fet's plan to "bring the building down" on the master involved using a half dozen sticks of dynamite attached to the sides of some rather large reinforced columns which only ended up dropping the ceiling (somehow) of the one specific room the master happened to be in ... out of the entire abandoned industrial facility.

Also, Setrakian (who came up with the brilliant idea to demolish the entire structure in the first place) made no attempt to leave the building. Rather, he went further inside.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah they are really ditching the books and that's fine... If they were making it better. This is just getting awful.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Yea, that "explosion" was a real let down after Fet's bomb threat line.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Fet's character in general is becoming a letdown after how awesome it was.

First, the jealousy over Dutch's old flame.

Then lashing out at Goodweather for leaving Zach with them.

Then this tiny bomb.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
So Blade is a hybrid between a parasite and host -- on what planet does that make sense. At least he killed off the spider children. This show makes even less sense than Zoo but it's more fun to watch.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I also like how they had to do spy level poo poo for Goodweather to get to Washington.

However, a dunk, shot, bleeding, and hunted Goodweather makes it back to NYC just fine.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Fett still owns. Dutch is quite the saucepot. Setrakian is still ten shades of grumpy awesome. I love this series as much as it Madden's me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vodos posted:

I liked how the 2000+ year old hybrid killing machine was stopped from fulfilling his lifelong quest for vengeance by a few feet of rubble that a child could climb over within seconds.

the show loves showing you cool poo poo and taking it away from you a few minutes later.

Vampire dude killing and curbstomping annoying vampire kids with his bone sword awesome.

Now let's get back to some family infighting a few minutes

• Locked thread