Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

HellMOO fork with basketball minigame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Athletic Footjob posted:

tales of game's? more like trailers of game's

loving this man. How many of regular shekels were sunk on rendering these? Pretty clear the actual game is an infinite trash corridor ala the much inferior JRPG title of FFXIII

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Colon Semicolon posted:

I'm probly never buying the game at this rate.

If it makes you feel any better most of us already paid for it

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Glad you guys finally finished up a trailer for the kickstarter

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
I still haven't bought a cuddlepillow to put inside of my CyberDwarf pillowcase.

maybe I'll do it after the game comes out

so soon

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Darke GBF posted:

I still haven't bought a cuddlepillow to put inside of my CyberDwarf pillowcase.

maybe I'll do it after the game comes out

so soon

You should try one, they're comfy and keep your legs from touching when you sleep, if you're someone who doesn't like that. You don't need a creepy anime girl or "ironic" basketball-skinned cyborg man pillowcase or anything.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

[quote="Liquid Dinosaur" post="449393517"]
You don't need a creepy anime girl
[quote]

I must respectfully disagree.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Is it weird if I want to buy a cyberdwarf pillow case 3 years after the fact?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I wonder how bad the Duke Nukem Forever effect - where the game is judged not on its own merits but against ridiculously high expectations that have been built up over years and years - is going to be when the game comes out.

I wonder how different our lives will be by the time it comes out.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

HMS Boromir posted:

i would like to play barkley 2 before i die

Dozeworthy
Oct 9, 2012

BiggerJ posted:

I wonder how bad the Duke Nukem Forever effect - where the game is judged not on its own merits but against ridiculously high expectations that have been built up over years and years - is going to be when the game comes out.

DNF would have been garbage even if it came out in 1998 though.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

BiggerJ posted:

they will be really different. they will have ended.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

BiggerJ posted:

That implies people have expectations for this game :v:

I'm joking, of course. I have an irresponsible amount of faith in this group of basement goons.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

BattleHamster posted:

How many weapon affixes are in the game at this point and how many do you have plans for?

There are 3 categories of affixes.

In the first category there are 18 planned affixes, from which 15 are fully functional and in the game

In the second category there are 60 planned affixes, from which around 20 are fully functional and in the game

In the third category there is no specific amount planned since it is in the middle of going through some re-iterations, but there are roughly 20 of them that are functional and are in the game

I believe 18 - 60 - 60 affixes in their respective categories is a completely reasonable approximation on how much there will end up being in total.

Some of my faves are the ones that make bullets fly out like skipping stones, bullets that clone enemies (and X114JAM9 if you shoot yourself, needs to be properly implemented because it is prone to unforeseen problems) and one that makes you shoot out your money instead of bullets. Keep your fingers crossed that the latter two make it into the finished product.... (that will never see the light of day)

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
this is barkley 2, right?

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Gortarius posted:

In the first category there are 18 planned affixes, from which 15 are fully functional and in the game

In the second category there are 60 planned affixes, from which around 20 are fully functional and in the game

In the third category there is no specific amount planned since it is in the middle of going through some re-iterations, but there are roughly 20 of them that are functional and are in the game

I believe 18 - 60 - 60 affixes in their respective categories is a completely reasonable approximation on how much there will end up being in total.

Some of my faves are the ones that make bullets fly out like skipping stones, bullets that clone enemies (and X114JAM9 if you shoot yourself, needs to be properly implemented because it is prone to unforeseen problems) and one that makes you shoot out your money instead of bullets. Keep your fingers crossed that the latter two make it into the finished product.... (that will never see the light of day)

Thanks for going back and answering this question. When this game actually gets completed its going to be so loving good.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Just to be clear, this isn't some kind of stealth release date where actually its planned for 11/11 of this year?

I know you like to be clear, ToG xx

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Gortarius posted:

will there be a gun'sdex to fill out in addition to gun's breeding or are you worried about the wrongful death lawsuits from parents of OCD kids who starved to death trying to "catch them all"

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

nopantsjack posted:

Just to be clear, this isn't some kind of stealth release date where actually its planned for 11/11 of this year?

That's my kokoro wish.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

nopantsjack posted:

The promise has been made.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

nopantsjack posted:

I gave some thought to this but ultimately the game doesn't seem near enough to completion to release this year.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Who is publishing the official Barkley 2 strategy guide of the game?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Edminster posted:

will there be a gun'sdex to fill out in addition to gun's breeding or are you worried about the wrongful death lawsuits from parents of OCD kids who starved to death trying to "catch them all"

Each combination will have a separate achievement for obtaining it.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

nopantsjack posted:

#ThePromiseHasBeenMade

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Blackheart posted:

4chan

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Will Barkley 2 cave in to the "Skeleton Warrior" agenda? Will there be skeleton representation?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Nessus posted:

Will Barkley 2 cave in to the "Skeleton Warrior" agenda? Will there be skeleton representation?

Yeah but they'll all be trapped in fleshy prisons.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dozeworthy posted:

Yeah cause it wasn't finished.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Blackheart posted:

General Mills, using their beloved Betty Crocker branding:

Barkley Crocker: Shut Up & Jams, Preserves and Chutneys: 2016 Edition.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dozeworthy posted:

Yeah, if anything, people went way easier on it because they wanted it to be good due to being blue balled for 13 years.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

BUTTERWORBS posted:

game looks g reat cant wait for the late 2013 release

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm a gamer psycho mercenary who'll kill you at the drop of a hat, and hats drop easy in this hosed up world.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
Anyone have questions they'd like me to ask the ToGboys at PAX? Questions like "when is the game coming out?" and "is the game coming out?" and "why isn't the game out?"

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Questions like "can you stop making everything a joke and just give an actual release date?"

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Take some notes when you play the demo, would be nice to get some new perspectives on the gameplay.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cybershell posted:

Anyone have questions they'd like me to ask the ToGboys at PAX? Questions like "when is the game coming out?" and "is the game coming out?" and "why isn't the game out?"

Will we ever see better representation for Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon?

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Cybershell posted:

"What have you been loving doing for the past 3 years?"

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

this game isn't even real

because

we have been playing it all along and didn't know it

welcome

to the game..........

!!

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Deakul posted:

this game isn't even real

because

we have been playing it all along and didn't know it

welcome

to the game..........

!!

:o

:0

:O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I wonder how many backers have died IRL between 2013 and today. Do they haunt you, Tales of Game's? DO THEY WEIGH ON YOUR DOUGHY SOUL?