Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

IIRC it's less expensive to respec a character than it is to "buy" one from an inn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Sounds good to me! Thanks, rope kid!

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

rope kid posted:

We didn't design new stronghold content for Part I, but it's been a focus for me for Part II.

Ooh, do tell! :allears:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Did all the Kickstarter backers whose reward tier included the game, also get the expansions? I was surprised to see that i had a key for the expansions on the backer portal, good thing i didn't buy it before checking.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Gyshall posted:

Just to confirm - the $50 backer level did not have the expansion included, correct?

It was also offered as a $20 add-on, but the minimum backer level for the expansion was $165.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Gyshall posted:

Just to confirm - the $50 backer level did not have the expansion included, correct?

I backed at the $35 tier and i got the expansion.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Oasx posted:

I backed at the $35 tier and i got the expansion.

Someone hosed up. It definitely wasn't in that tier.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I checked just in case and didn't have it (I backed for the minimum amount to get the game during KS).

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

ChiTownEddie posted:

I'm going to make a new game to play the expansion. I'm thinking Cipher. What would be the most fun approach to build for that one? In my first play with Grieving Mother I kinda just winged it and don't even remember how I built her.
The first level power that lets you confuse an enemy is great to start fights, Mental Binding and Amplified Wave are incredibly good unless the patch changed them. Ectopsychic Echo is also good and fun to use. The Cipher's buffs are all at least OK and may be more fun to you than throwing around disables all the time.

Also, build for melee. The character will do more damage and get to use more powers.

Not sure about stats since I haven't played with the new Perception stat, but Dexterity is always good.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Airfoil posted:

Someone hosed up. It definitely wasn't in that tier.

That is odd, i got my steam key from the backer page and succesfully redeemed it on Steam.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Am I going to be screwed in terms of meeting criteria for upgrading soulbound weapons if I go at the expansion content with most of the core game content cleared?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Oasx posted:

That is odd, i got my steam key from the backer page and succesfully redeemed it on Steam.

Sure you didn't select it as an add-on and then forgot about it?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Kanfy posted:

Sure you didn't select it as an add-on and then forgot about it?

On Kickstarter it says $35 pledged, so unless i am missing something then that is all i paid.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Right after Pillars launched Obsidian announced all backers who got the base game would get the expansion as well.

I just got my key and I backed at a low level.

a slim pixie
Dec 29, 2008

an earworm burrowed into my frontal lobe

derra posted:

Right after Pillars launched Obsidian announced all backers who got the base game would get the expansion as well.

This would have made the people who pledged extra money specifically for the expansion really irate.

You probably bought the add-on and forgot.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

derra posted:

They did? I backed and when Obsidian launched their backer's portal site, I purchased the expansion as an add-on.
Oh well, guess Obsidian got an extra 20,- out of me.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 25, 2015

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
I don't remember them announcing that, are you thinking of Shadowrun?

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

So is part 1 a contained storyline with part 2 being a sequel to 1, or will there be some gated point halfway through?

They've said Part I has an end to its story arc and won't have a cliffhanger.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

derra posted:

I call shenanigans on this unless you have a statement from obsidian you can link to.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Really happy to see patch notes about party AI scripts, that puts the game on the map for me.
Micro managing every toe twitch of every hero in every trash fight was not a thing I'll do in 2015.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 25, 2015

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I don't think all pledges automatically get the expansion for free. I backed the original Kickstarter campaign at $20, which I believe was the lowest price to get the actual game as a reward, and didn't see any new White March key when I visited the Obsidian backer portal just now.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

Really happy to see patch notes about party AI scripts, that puts the game on the map for me.
Micro managing every toe twitch of every hero in every trash fight was not a thing I'll do in 2015.

Same, same.
It worked better in D:OS as a turn based system, but the Real-time aspect of PoE is too frantic and frustrating for me, even with pauses.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
well this was out of the blue. think im motivated to pick up the beginning of act 3 now :)

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Same, same.
It worked better in D:OS as a turn based system, but the Real-time aspect of PoE is too frantic and frustrating for me, even with pauses.

PoE with a few autopause settings becomes a turn based rpg. Literally exactly that.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

derra posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. There was the option to increase your pledge for a discounted copy of the expansion, which I did, but I never saw any revision to that method (people would have been getting mad as poo poo if they'd bought something which was then given away as a freebie too)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Airfoil posted:

It was also offered as a $20 add-on, but the minimum backer level for the expansion was $165.

Yeah, I bought the digital fun pack and then later the beta addon. Oh well, had about $10 in steambux so I spent it on the $24 version of the expansion.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dang I was all ready to buy WM 1 but then right there it says 1 and 2 for $25....ugh...such savings!!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
When is part II scheduled to come out?

Im torn between starting a game now or waiting for the full content.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Can I increase enemy level in the expansion? I don't have time to start a new game, as much as I'd love to!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Im torn between starting a game now or waiting for the full content.

You could do what I'm doing which is playing the new content now on my original character's pre-endgame save and waiting on a full replay until the whole thing's out

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Evil Sagan posted:

Am I going to be screwed in terms of meeting criteria for upgrading soulbound weapons if I go at the expansion content with most of the core game content cleared?
It is possible. For the next patch, I've lowered some of the more eye-watering requirements and BMac has made a code fix that allows a fall-through for class or race-specific damage/kill requirements at 5x the base value. E.g. if you've massacred every wizard in the game and have a weapon that requires 5 wizard kills, you can fulfill the requirement by killing 25 of anything with the weapon.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Not for at least several months. We've just recently started on it. Sorry.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

A Steampunk Gent posted:

You could do what I'm doing which is playing the new content now on my original character's pre-endgame save and waiting on a full replay until the whole thing's out

I never finished the original game, only got to Act 2, then I got bored, even though I actually liked it.

Im exited to try it again, but Im pretty sure wont have the time or will to replay it later.

rope kid posted:

Not for at least several months. We've just recently started on it. Sorry.

Oh, ok. Several months is not that much time, guess Ill just wait.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
rope kid your game is very good and pretty much is a perfect homage to the IE games. I hope you guys make some money on this and can keep on keepin on. I am a fickle dude when it comes to RPGs but I cannot stop playing PoE.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

adamarama posted:

Can I increase enemy level in the expansion? I don't have time to start a new game, as much as I'd love to!

Yes you can.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

bunnielab posted:

rope kid your game is very good and pretty much is a perfect homage to the IE games. I hope you guys make some money on this and can keep on keepin on. I am a fickle dude when it comes to RPGs but I cannot stop playing PoE.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bunnielab posted:

I'm the opposite, a real rpg slut and poe just hasn't found its way into my pants, however many opportunities I've given it.

Maybe patch 2.0 will seal the deal? Gonna give it a go after I've finished going down on Dragonfall.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
Just installed the expansion and it's taking a lot of willpower to not take a look at the resource files and check if there are new pets.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Wizard Styles posted:

Just installed the expansion and it's taking a lot of willpower to not take a look at the resource files and check if there are new pets.
I don't know where the specific pet file is, but there's potentially a big spoiler for one part of the expansion in there!

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

SR: Dragonfall and SR: HK are both great expansions, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
So was Cragholdt the "difficult area" that was mentioned before in this thread? Went there, enemy soldiers were nasty enough but the new monsters in the cave are pretty murderous - now wondering if I run into area scaled for level 14 characters or just need to adjust to the new content and AI.

• Locked thread