Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

First "episode" of Vixen is out:
http://www.cwseed.com/shows/vixen/episode-1/?play=f4cef08a-4fd7-4ab5-941a-b97e88800872

Action sequence looks good up front. I'm more skeptical about the four minutes a week creating a compelling show model, however.

One thing I noticed is how good the designs for Flash and Arrow look in animation. Not that they don't look great irl, but costumes always look better drawn since the artist has control over body proportions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It looks pretty cool alright.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"Only after he suggested I could have a job if I gave him one"

Well, did not expect that kind of dialogue in a cartoon. Also I would probably care more about this if it were an episode of one of the shows. Also it's funny that Flash looks like the slowest person in that first section. Yes he's blurred like he's running fast but both Arrow and Vixen look like they're moving faster.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

"Only after he suggested I could have a job if I gave him one"

Well, did not expect that kind of dialogue in a cartoon. Also I would probably care more about this if it were an episode of one of the shows. Also it's funny that Flash looks like the slowest person in that first section. Yes he's blurred like he's running fast but both Arrow and Vixen look like they're moving faster.

I also thought that "gimme your money bitch" was pretty raw.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So, adding to the DC roster: Jesse Quick

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I wonder if they are setting up for some big Speed Force team up grand finale.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Jesse Quick has superspeed because she's really good at math, iirc.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

greatn posted:

Jesse Quick has superspeed because she's really good at math, iirc.

Her dad taught her a formula that allows her to tap into the speed force.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DC sure has a lot of questionable equations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

zoux posted:

DC sure has a lot of questionable equations.

What was the Anti-life equation again? Sadness + Misery or something goofy like that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

What was the Anti-life equation again? Sadness + Misery or something goofy like that.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding × guilt × shame × failure × judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Comic book mathematics is even worse than comic book physics.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's yer Professor Zoom

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

The voice of Zoom?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Madkal posted:

The voice of Zoom?

Zoom probably not going to look like just a guy in a suit. My guess is the weird New 52 reverse flash look or the energy in a suit look. Or they just go with a suit with no mouth or big eye holes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They mention in the article that the Zoom suit does not have any face holes and is instead completely sealed.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Oh gently caress yessssssss

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:flashfap:

Season 2 gonna own so hard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Iddo Goldberg has been cast as Red Tornado and TO Morrow on Supergirl. Apparently they're taking things in a slightly different direction for the character.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Simone Missick has joined Luke Cage as Misty Knight

http://deadline.com/2015/09/luke-cage-marvel-simone-missick-cast-misty-knight-netflix-1201513413/

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Also joining the cast are Theo Rossi (Sons of Anarchy) and Rosario Dawson will be reprising her DD role (like with Jessica Jones).

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really, really want to see who they get for Danny Rand.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think we'll see Danny cast soon. I can't imagine him not making an appearance in Luke Cage before his own show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The one and only Misty Knight! I hope she has a giant afro, because otherwise, it's not true Misty Knight. What about Coleen Wing?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RevKrule posted:

Also joining the cast are Theo Rossi (Sons of Anarchy) and Rosario Dawson will be reprising her DD role (like with Jessica Jones).

more specifically Rossi is playing classic Luke Cage villain/future Power Man father Shades

twistedmentat posted:

The one and only Misty Knight! I hope she has a giant afro, because otherwise, it's not true Misty Knight. What about Coleen Wing?

what about coleen wing

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm sure she'll probably just be a cop for this series not a superhero. She might lose an appendage by the end of the season though. You'll probably have a better shot at getting Colleen Wing in the Iron Fist series.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Her robot arm will be forshadowed by Coulsons.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Her robot arm will be forshadowed by Coulsons.

There was a background thing somewhere in the MCU about the Stark Industries Robotic Prosthetics program, wasn't there?

(I mean for military use they've got the robot limbs they made for the Deathloks, but I'm guessing that isn't exactly generally available)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Sep 3, 2015

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

MikeJF posted:

There was a background thing somewhere in the MCU about the Stark Industries Robotic Prosthetics program, wasn't there?

(I mean for military use they've got the robot limbs they made for the Deathloks, but I'm guessing that isn't exactly generally available)

Also in real life. :3:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
See, if a pro-wrestler started claiming Robert Downey Jr was a fiction created to cover the activities of the real Anthony Stark, AKA Iron Man, I'd side with the face-painted man in tights.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
See, I don't care if they have to triple the truckloads of money for him, or have to wheel out the lamest deus ex machinas to explain him being there, I want RDJ to be iron man in everything forever.
Dude is too fuckin cool.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Error 404 posted:

See, I don't care if they have to triple the truckloads of money for him, or have to wheel out the lamest deus ex machinas to explain him being there, I want RDJ to be iron man in everything forever.
Dude is too fuckin cool.

Special FX are getting to the point that this may be possible.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

Special FX are getting to the point that this may be possible.

After seeing Ant-Man I am convinced that in less than 10 years, aging actors will no longer be a factor in their ability to appear in movies.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

After seeing Ant-Man I am convinced that in less than 10 years, actors will no longer be a factor in their ability to appear in movies.

Fixed

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I guess, but at the very least you are going to need a sound a like who can still voice act, which isn't actually that easy. But also a lot of actors aren't good voice actors either, so there is that as well. The tech used in Ant Man still had Douglas on set performing his younger self's scene, so you get an actual Douglas performance put into a virtual younger Douglas body. Allegedly, the rumor is they will resurrect Peter Cushing this way for Star Wars Rogue One (he appeared in Episode 3 but was just standing there.)

I also firmly believe that the young Han Solo movie will employ this tech, instead of casting a younger actor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

I guess, but at the very least you are going to need a sound a like who can still voice act, which isn't actually that easy. But also a lot of actors aren't good voice actors either, so there is that as well. The tech used in Ant Man still had Douglas on set performing his younger self's scene, so you get an actual Douglas performance put into a virtual younger Douglas body. Allegedly, the rumor is they will resurrect Peter Cushing this way for Star Wars Rogue One (he appeared in Episode 3 but was just standing there.)

I also firmly believe that the young Han Solo movie will employ this tech, instead of casting a younger actor.

In Episode 3 he was played by Scorpius

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Mahershala Ali from House of Cards will be Cottonmouth in Luke Cage series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/marvels-luke-cage-adds-house-of-cards-mahershala-ali-in-villain-role

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Diggle stole Magneto's helmet from the recent Cullen Bunn series it seems.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/john-diggle-suits-up-in-first-look-at-new-arrow-costume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What a terrible picture. It looks badly photoshopped.