Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

sorla78 posted:

I doubt that LTI is going to cover suicide ganking actions or other limitless acts of aggression and once your LTI is invalidated, you can lose an asset forever (together with the LTI that was attached to it)
No, that's incorrect. If you have your LTI stricken from the ship, you're back at SHI, you're not "hosed" as it were. If CIG is ready to not let you insure your ships, they're essentially ready to kick you from the game and that's what'll actually happen for anyone who pushes them that far. Like if someone is duping ships (insurance fraud), that's probably a zero tolerance or at most lenient 3 strikes rule kind of issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

No my bca is 187 i bought mostly in 2013, although full disclosure i did just buy a bunch more coins in the 200-215 range, in addition to the sweet 160-170s i picked up recently.

How many coins you have at 187? Also be sure to update us when you sell as I want to calculate exactly how much money you're going to lose over the next two years while we wait for Star Citizen to come out.

We can then compare how bad an investment buttcoin was to your $2500 Star Citizen Javelin. We could even do a nice interview and ask which decision you regret more and if you have any pets or other hobbies.

Also if/when you get banned be sure to reregister, this is important.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AP posted:

They put 5000 phoenix's on sale and didn't sell them all, which lead to a few worry threads, so they have to judge it carefully. You want limited supply with slightly excessive demand, if supply is too high people start to worry they might have got conned paying $350 for something stupid, if you put too few on sale you don't make as much money.

As always from CIG, a clever solution to raising more money.

The justification this time seems to be that they're shocked that every person who went to Gamescon didn't buy one and the rest are just sitting in an electronic warehouse collecting electronic dust.

Not that CIG couldn't just make up whatever numbers they felt like. On that note how's the poll that CIG is running on their website asking if they should be allowed to do what they want to do going?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

if you have any pets or other hobbies

We know too much about his "hobbies," thanks :pedo:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Good point, skip the hobbies bit please.

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

AP posted:

We could even do a nice interview and ask which decision you regret more and if you have any pets or other hobbies.
I like Dead Can Dance. I have two cats, Athena and Nanaki.

Seraph84 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 26, 2015

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Seraph84 posted:

No my bca is 187 i bought mostly in 2013, although full disclosure i did just buy a bunch more coins in the 200-215 range, in addition to the sweet 160-170s i picked up recently.

Gosh think of all the eat fresh footlongs you can buy with those coins!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Now you can make your own cards:

http://www.imastarcitizen.com/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

sorla78 posted:

CIG is begging the community to allow them selling the remaining Glaives without gameplay restrictions (edit: you still have to have survived swarm without being bored to death). Alas, there seem to be about 1k left unsold that were reserved for Gamescon visitors.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/281144/poll-gamescom-glaives

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sarsapariller posted:

I, mastar citizen?

quote:

Thanks to DiscoLando and CIG for creating the infocards & template, and for letting me create this website to let everyone make their own custom infocard!

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Beer you need to speak ork otherwise this won't make any sense to me :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
PTU sneak peek:

http://i.imgur.com/f7WgSAi.jpg

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

PTU sneak peek:

http://i.imgur.com/f7WgSAi.jpg

I hope you're prepared to accept your forced refund, leaking such shocking information.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
It's everything I ever dreamed of and more.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ben saying Ben things.

Did CIG ever mention why they're running this poll on their forums rather than making a commlink? I mean other than not really caring beyond wanting a little over half a million.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Did CIG ever mention why they're running this poll on their forums rather than making a commlink? I mean other than not really caring beyond wanting a little over half a million.

Of course not. Why would they? They said it's for entertainment purposes.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

When are female avatars due?

:eyepop: :captainpop: :chanpop:

also I love how they are pretending they have unsold stock of a thing that doesn't exist and will never actually physically exist.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 26, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Today I started reading a post in this thread. It was awful and bad. Then I noticed it was written by our king of ants bitcoin-man. And suddenly everything made sense. Apart from the post. I'm also glad for Beer4theBeedGod. He's finally going to experience the full immersive connection error experience. Please keep us updated.

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW

sorla78 posted:

CIG is begging the community to allow them selling the remaining Glaives without gameplay restrictions (edit: you still have to have survived swarm without being bored to death). Alas, there seem to be about 1k left unsold that were reserved for Gamescon visitors.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/281144/poll-gamescom-glaives
:barf:

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Someone please make the goatse

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Seraph84 posted:

:barf:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

also I love how they are pretending they have unsold stock of a thing that doesn't exist and will never actually physically exist.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
hey angelGuy84, this is your chance. CR and Miss Gardiner are reading this thread. You may plead for forgiveness.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Is that a photoshop? Please tell me it's not a shop.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Gwaihir posted:

Is that a photoshop? Please tell me it's not a shop.

sorry to disappoint

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
God damnit

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

:iia:

I do like in the original, it appears as if they're going over the material for the upcoming Reliant sale?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Of course he does, just about everyone owns a mirror, I would expect him to as well.

Seraph84
Aug 9, 2015

by XyloJW
Same here. Internet is cool, no?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Seraph84 posted:

Same [url=http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_changing_education_paradigms]here. Internet is cool, no?

I see your Preview button is still broken.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Seraph84 posted:

Internet is cool, no?

no because you're here

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuJh3h6rAX8

Worth the wait.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's not quite :lesnick: but it's getting there.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Chat channels? That breaks my immersion. You should only be able to chat using mobiglass.

And have to walk everywhere.

And need to pee whenever you drink too much. Gotta make use of the toilet flush animations.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Wafflz posted:

This gives me the same reaction as looking at an optical illusion or Escher painting. I know it's happening but part of my brain is tying itself in knots trying to comprehend it. Not only are CIG pretending to have limited stock of a digital concept of a digital item, but people are seriously arguing the pros and cons of pressing a button to make this fantasy digital item available to buy without jumping through hoops and they're using phrases like "supply and demand" and no one seems to realise how utterly loving insane it all is.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Star Citizen: Third Life

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

This gives me the same reaction as looking at an optical illusion or Escher painting. I know it's happening but part of my brain is tying itself in knots trying to comprehend it. Not only are CIG pretending to have limited stock of a digital concept of a digital item, but people are seriously arguing the pros and cons of pressing a button to make this fantasy digital item available to buy without jumping through hoops and they're using phrases like "supply and demand" and no one seems to realise how utterly loving insane it all is.

Dude don't think about it too much, look new gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

this is really gay

• Locked thread