Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok cool. Sorry for not being around.

I'm glad to see merk is still a large baby. Bif is probably town because of that. Yeah that's a pretty punk move to make a read off of that but it's a pretty punk move to quit in the first place so idgaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hello everyone, I'm glad you guys do longer days than the usual Auspol ones cause that'll give me some time to try and figure you all out.

Uranus said I should post about how my song makes me feel. It makes me feel slightly disappointed that I'm not Hold The Line, but confused why merk would rather post about Doug when this is such a sweet instrumental.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Dang guys that was probably a bad move. Byers is scum btw.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You know what's a bad move?

Half the thread not being here at deadline.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

busb posted:

You know what's a bad move?

Half the thread not being here at deadline.

Oh well apparently there was enough people here to lynch the wrong person soo stfu.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
We literally only had two options, byers or allen
and byers was around to defend himself and post
and LUTR was the only one that wanted to lynch him around, and she was being really sketchy

So blame yourself, yuming, MMM and whoever else it was.

On another note i should have stuck with my gut and pushed harder for magnus/imgay.

i think yuming's questioning of my vote then ignoring it is p scummy and un-yuminglike.

I'm now thinking yuming/magnus scumteam, LUTR possible 3P

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

busb posted:

We literally only had two options, byers or allen
and byers was around to defend himself and post
and LUTR was the only one that wanted to lynch him around, and she was being really sketchy

So blame yourself, yuming, MMM and whoever else it was.

On another note i should have stuck with my gut and pushed harder for magnus/imgay.

i think yuming's questioning of my vote then ignoring it is p scummy and un-yuminglike.

I'm not going to blame myself for being busy rear end.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yo pig eat poo poo

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Like literally did you just go like "can't believe you guys lunched the wrong person, clearly enough people were around since you hosed up anyway, not going to say sorry for being cool, pig out"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Leaning town on pig, but a irritant

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yo pig eat poo poo

This is a very rude statement to say to your peer in this game. Please formally apologize to him.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I made you mad so my mission was accomplished.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

I made you mad so my mission was accomplished.

You didnt make me mad which makes it double mission accomplished

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My eco professor was formally Jeb Bushes financial advisor so he went on like a 20 minute rant about trump on first day of class

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Magnus Gallant posted:

You didnt make me mad which makes it double mission accomplished

Score!

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
MMM i like you, you are a cool guy even when you're scumming it up.

whoever is scum pls submit your NK so we can continue this gam~

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CapitalistPig posted:

Dang guys that was probably a bad move. Byers is scum btw.

Byers read a lot more like slapfighting town to me, but I am from opposite land so keep that in mind.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

imgay posted:

This is a very rude statement to say to your peer in this game. Please formally apologize to him.

I'm sorry pig.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

imgay posted:

My eco professor was formally Jeb Bushes financial advisor so he went on like a 20 minute rant about trump on first day of class

I keep waiting to wake up and find out this whole primary season is just a dream; it's seriously the most surreal political clusterfuck I've ever seen in my life.

CapitalistPig posted:

Byers is scum btw.

Sorry to disappoint.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Byers read a lot more like slapfighting town to me, but I am from opposite land so keep that in mind.

See, the Aussie gets it.

busb posted:

Not imgay?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I wish yuming and I were on a scum team.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Byers2142 posted:

See, the Aussie gets it.

Not imgay?

im an aussie too buyers, and imgay is p much who knows what the gently caress, because he's intentionally not posting content. I'm just hoping we have a vig take him out or something so we don't have to waste a lynch.

Or he starts playing mafia.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

busb posted:

im an aussie too buyers, and imgay is p much who knows what the gently caress, because he's intentionally not posting content. I'm just hoping we have a vig take him out or something so we don't have to waste a lynch.

Or he starts playing mafia.

I always forget you're Aussie, my bad!

I'm trying to give imgay the benefit of the doubt that he's not just a complete shitposter, which is why I land on the side of scum avoidance and not an awful town player.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

He is a complete shitposter btw

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I'm just gonna treat him like a slightly more feeble Krell.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

I always forget you're Aussie, my bad!

I'm trying to give imgay the benefit of the doubt that he's not just a complete shitposter, which is why I land on the side of scum avoidance and not an awful town player.

How do you forget busb is aus?

Busb is such a dumb name no one other than an Aus would pick that name

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i will fight you magnarse

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
THE DAY DAWNS

it is a sad day, because soemthing beautiful has been forgotten, but you're just not sure what...

IMGAY, VANILLA TOWN, IS DEAD

i cant remember what song he was because i deleted all my sent pms and didnt write anything down for the vanilla people. GREAT.

i guess this truly is imgays song now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yP4Nm86yk0

what a loving awful song.

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (8): Bifauxnen, busb, Byers2142, CapitalistPig, Look Under The Rock, Magnus Gallant, MMM Whatchya Say, yuming

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is August 28th, 2015 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
hahaha thanks scum~

There's a bunch of metaing we can deduce from that but I'll refrain for now.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Yeah if I were scum Imgay is the last person I'd vote off

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:ghost: i guess scum really wanted to kill town mvp :ghost:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I've only skimmed most of the thread so far, but I'm going through again in more detail now to see how it looks in light of our first 2 flips. I'll weigh in again once I've finished that. But 3 pages in, I just want to throw out there that the first thing to ping my scumdar was CPig.

He was the first to criticize Byers' approach, and was fairly harsh and aggressive about it:

CapitalistPig posted:

Seriously? gently caress you we are still in jokephase don't start with this dumb horseshit.

CapitalistPig posted:

Because you are doing this stupid crap where you pick two random people and say oh hey based on nothing at all when the only posts are goofing around these people are scum! let me get their reactions!

It makes me roll my eyes so hard it isn't possible to roll them any harder.

This would seemingly put him in total agreement with Allen, who also reacted very badly to Byers. But instead, CPig voted for Allen, pushing the momentum that way. (and this was before Allen went full emo by voting himself) While Allen's now been proven to be genuinely frustrated town, CPig feels more to me like he was just trying to keep heat off himself by letting Allen look like the more defensive one.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Suffer not the emo self-voter to live.

Did CPig actually have any heat on him at that stage though Bif?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

Suffer not the emo self-voter to live.

Did CPig actually have any heat on him at that stage though Bif?

Nope, no heat on him yet apart from Byers just going "why so defensive??" It just gave me a scummy vibe though, like cautiously stepping back out of the spotlight while subtly gesturing "hey get a load of THIS guy" to let Allen go on digging his own grave. I feel like a more towny reaction would have been some solidarity, after CPig was calling out Byers just as bad for starting poo poo.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
##vote yuming

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey Byers and or yuming thank you for killing a shitposter

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Even though yuming was busy, i don't see her as town asking me a question then not responding to it, i think she's struggling to get into the game and was trying to get into it by her question, but the fact she just tangents and peaces out with her 'i think it's byers!' post makes me believe she is scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah I could see voting for yuming maybe, but by the time I get through all this I might have better scum picks than her. In-depth analysis: currently rendering page 5.

While my skim-first reaction was that Byers sounded like a classic (for Auspol anyway) tryhard slapfighting town, upon closer inspection one thing sounded real strange to me:

Byers2142 posted:

I was trying to redirect discussion to two people who were being ignored. Like I said later, at the time there had been three cases made, and two were being ignored by most of the thread. That warranted trying to get attention given to them, and raise the question of what other people felt about them. It was largely ignored again.

This "being ignored" line. When Byers came in so early with his case, and a good deal of discussion was about the Allen-CPig-Byers love triangle, this seems like an odd way to frame his motivations. Allen in particular got lots of attention for being so emo. If anyone was being ignored, it was CPig... :raise:

Not so sure yet if this is genuinely scummy, but it has certainly soured my first impression of Byers.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I feel like if yuming were town she'd post more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

allen busb byers magnus

Let's come back to this list. It's literally a list of the people actually playing the game, and the reason given was to quiet the game down. There's no evidence of scum hunting from LUTR beyond calling me scum D1. It begs the question, if she doesn't want to find scum and she doesn't want conversation, what does she want out of the game and why? This list, her D1 scumhunting hiatus, and the motivations behind both feel scummy to me.

Magnus Gallant posted:

Yeah if I were scum Imgay is the last person I'd vote off

Honestly, I'd probably have killed him as scum.

• Locked thread