Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Magnus Gallant posted:

I thought that said battling cage, and i was very confused.

Tbh I think that would make more sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Magnus Gallant posted:

They pay me to go in those.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Payday 2 Mafia has ended in a -----------------------------scum victory.

Note to self: don't do that again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Allen Wren posted:

It's like giving birth, you'll black it out and want to do it again in a while

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I've liked modding the two games I've done. Would definitely do it again, but writing setups & PMs is the part I'm not as big on. It's a lot of work!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

I didn't realize it didn't say that until this post.

Honestly keane is probably the type to be excited about battling cages!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

He battled some cages.

Allen, I checked out your game - you put in a lot of effort and people should play your games if you mod again.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Allen Wren posted:

The roles you made and how you did the flavour was very cool, you seem like a good mod and the town just did poorly that game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

Seriously, don't be down on yourself. I know I got voted out on D1, but I kept reading and you had some really great flavor in the role PMs and day/night opening messages.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah, sorry, I've just had a real lovely anxiety-attack-filled, insomnia-having couple of days here. I'm a bit fried.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

Yeah, sorry, I've just had a real lovely anxiety-attack-filled, insomnia-having couple of days here. I'm a bit fried.

:glomp:

You'll be fine!

I've been there, I've done that, I'm older than you and I'm still kicking. Tell that stupid little voice that's probably telling you bad things to shut the gently caress up for a while drat it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hello

until i was like 20 i pronounced windings as win-dings when talking about the font, and whine-dings when talking about unnecessary curvatures

mafia thread what word mis-pronunciation are you most embarrassed about

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

hello

until i was like 20 i pronounced windings as win-dings when talking about the font, and whine-dings when talking about unnecessary curvatures

Wait, what?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The font is wingdings.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

you are a good person and i like you :)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I pronounced albeit as "al-bait" until I was corrected in high school.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

The font is wingdings.

oh no

the horror

i now have to re-write that story to account for the mistake that i've carried with me until today!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ernie. posted:

hello

I pronounced "subtle" as "sut il" and ignored the b entirely for a long, long time.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

I pronounced albeit as "al-bait" until I was corrected in high school.

i pronounce 'disgusting' with a very, very hard g and it freaks people out
how do other people think it's okay to almost make a 'c' sound?

i pronounce 'literally' with a very, very hard t like litter-ally
without fail when people hear me say it for the very first time they always repeat it how i said it with a raised eyebrow

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh, I have one for this.

In high school a guy in class pronounced epitome as epi-tome (like a book) and even though I know how to say it, forever since then I pronounce in wrong in my head before I say it right outloud.

Also hyper-bowl for hyperbole.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I pronounced "subtle" as "sut il" and ignored the b entirely for a long, long time.

I pronounced it sub-til

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hyperbowl is the best one.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Oh, I have one for this.

In high school a guy in class pronounced epitome as epi-tome (like a book) and even though I know how to say it, forever since then I pronounce in wrong in my head before I say it right outloud.

Also hyper-bowl for hyperbole.

I do the same thing for both words.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I used to pronounce anarcho-capitalist as anachro until somebody asked me what spiders had to do with the free market.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Ernie. posted:

i pronounce 'disgusting' with a very, very hard g and it freaks people out
how do other people think it's okay to almost make a 'c' sound?

i pronounce 'literally' with a very, very hard t like litter-ally
without fail when people hear me say it for the very first time they always repeat it how i said it with a raised eyebrow

disgusting sounds pretty much the same whether it's a hard g or a hard c. I just tried it out myself. It doesn't really sound wrong at all.

I pronounce literally like a librarian, kind of like litra-lly with a little bit of a lilt between li and tra. idk if that's the best way of describing it but it sounds normal to me and much faster than the full pronounciation.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

BottleKnight posted:

I've liked modding the two games I've done. Would definitely do it again, but writing setups & PMs is the part I'm not as big on. It's a lot of work!

See, I'm kind of the opposite. I love doing the setups and writing the initial PMs, but it's the actual being there on time and processing stuff thing that I don't like.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Arachno-Capitalists.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i used to pronounce 'fungae' as fun-gay - because i learnt the word from an italian person - and for years and years and years no one stopped me :(

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

hahahaha, it even worked. :master:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

See, I'm kind of the opposite. I love doing the setups and writing the initial PMs, but it's the actual being there on time and processing stuff thing that I don't like.

LJ, if you write up a set up I will mod it for you. This goes for everyone! I will totally be a freelance mod!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My step-father would pronounce the A in theatre.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Amoeba102 posted:

Arachno-Capitalists.

Yes actually I think that's how I was saying it idk why I mangled the spelling there.

E: no actually I was saying anachro is greek for like chronological inconsistency, idk why somebody said something about spiders

Jump King fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 27, 2015

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
When I was in 5th grade I read Ursula K. LeGuin's "A Wizard ok Earthsea" and had to guess about how to pronounce archipelago because I had never heard it said.
For the next 15 years I said archa-puh-LAY-go until someone had the nerve to correct me.

I also paid too little attention to letter order in a few words which led me to pronounce detritus as "duh-TEER-ious" for a while, and thought Baphomet was Bap-mo-fet until that new statue was unveiled and I looked closer at the spelling.

Ok that's my confession.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

My step-father would pronounce the A in theatre.

I'm okay with that pronunciation because of the interior crocodile alligator freestyle.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's en-cyclo-pay-dia.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Arachno-Capitalists.

arachno-capitalists night-only mafia open for 8 players each starting with 8 legs
the only night action is to 'steal a leg'
the goal of the game is to hoard all the legs

you're welcome, everybody

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

I'm trapped in a hell on a setup because I keep forgetting to try to carve out some time with MMM.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Yes actually I think that's how I was saying it idk why I mangled the spelling there.

E: no actually I was saying anachro is greek for like chronological inconsistency, idk why somebody said something about spiders

Maybe you meant a chronologically inconsistent form of capitalism.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You'll never finish it TMM, we'll have a shard doc forever, just like me and 100yrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Oh I also used to pronounce respite with a hard I, like sprite.