Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Boss, thanks for saving that puppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Poetic Justice posted:

it's cool man, it just sounds like Windows can't write to your disk, and that's usually caused by having UAC off, not being logged in as admin, a bad disk, or a weird game bug, or improper persmissions to the folder (Btw turn UAC back on)

Had weird issues like that when trying to install the newest Geforce drivers. I had to regain control of C:\temp\ for whatever reason because Windows wouldn't allow the installer to write to it. Bizarre poo poo.

Going to hit the sack, hopefully by the time I get up this "hotfix" will be out and I can try that.

edit: thanks for helping. Also I was restarting as you posted that to re-enable UAC. Mama Junk didn't raise no fool.

Fatcat214
Feb 19, 2015

Party Poogie
it should be considered a crime to make a game this perfect

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

ryan_woody posted:

Did I really just spend 30 minutes making a face I didn't get to wear?

This loving game!

I have a feeling that that'll be your default avatar when MGO launches next month. Although I've got plenty of story left to go so it might be relevant!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I dunno, i feel as if the "horse hiding" mechanic is not the best it could be, like they could have just made it a button combination instead of vaguely "point camera in a direction and hope it's the one away from the enemies". I found the one flaw in this perfect game.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

ryan_woody posted:

Did I really just spend 30 minutes making a face I didn't get to wear?

This loving game!

During that same mission, one of the patients that pulls on your leg begging for help before being murdered uses your face you made. Other than that, I'm sure it will be for MGO and when you invade another mother-base.

There's something really special about the music you can play, making a daring, action fueled escape to the tune of "We're the kids of america, woah-oh!" blasting out of my speakers.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Mailer posted:

It's really good.

I didn't realize I needed to select missions. I did the side ops, but I destroyed all the stuff for the main op before I found the magic mission trigger.

Paraphrased:
"You need to destroy the equipment!"
"It's, um, already been destroyed."
"Well Boss, I, um, good work!"
*Mission immediately ends*

This game. :allears:

I did the same thing. Shame you miss out on the performance cash bonus though.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can you transfer GZ saves on PC? I just got it and don't feel like 100%ing it since TPP is out. Any chance someone can upload one?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Any way to turn off the way the cursor sticks to objectives in the I-Droid map? Navigating with a mouse there is really bad when you have to fight the stickiness of all the items on the map.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

The opening was pretty crazy but honestly, I felt like it was a lot slower than it could have been.

Just stopped playing for the day after my second run in with uh... those guys, you know who, and a couple more side ops.
It's so tempting to go for the extra objectives but I feel like at the very least I want the ability to fulton vehicles and ordnance before going back into them - some of them even seem to require it.

I really like that the free-roaming gives you an excuse to finally use all your crazy weapons - you can let loose and not worry about going loud affecting your score or whatever.

My one flaw - the menus in the iDroid feel like they take way too long to open up. Also use my sprinting punch is really hard to get the timing down.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
How long is the intro everyone is amazed at? 30 mins? 60 mins? 90 mins? Would like to set aside a time not to be disturbed when UPS shows up.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Any way to remove the dumb camera angle used every time you get on a horse? Disabling that drum beat would be a bonus but not necessary.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieWhiskey posted:

How long is the intro everyone is amazed at? 30 mins? 60 mins? 90 mins? Would like to set aside a time not to be disturbed when UPS shows up.

I think I finished it in like 50 minutes?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

CharlieWhiskey posted:

70-80 minutes, from booting up the game for the first time to finishing the prologue entirely.

Hamilcar
Oct 18, 2012

Tiger Shark posted:

I get an error that says "Failed to create save data." It says to delete the save data, but I don't know where that is. I can't get to the title screen. Someone please help.

This is from a few pages back but I didn't see an answer when I skimmed through. I had the same problem, go to userdata in your steam folder and delete the folder with appid 287700.
I deleted my ground zeroes one too (after uploading of course!) which is 311340 and it worked after a few tries.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
There's an opt-in beta up of 1.002 for those with the SSE 4.1 issues on steam.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Set aside roughly an hour.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

CharlieWhiskey posted:

The prologue mission is about an hour long, but there is an intro that you get before the title screen that's maybe five minutes long too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Please tell me I can salute my soldiers back in mother base. Is it possible? All I can do is flip em around.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Ularg posted:

Please tell me I can salute my soldiers back in mother base. Is it possible? All I can do is flip em around.

Don't think so. It's worse when you have DD. He barks and whines for attention, but you can't actually do anything other than stand there.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gunder posted:

Don't think so. It's worse when you have DD. He barks and whines for attention, but you can't actually do anything other than stand there.
wtf I want a refund. Doesn't the dude play with DD in the FOB/MB demo video?

Also, did they fix the terrible lack of precise aiming when you zoom in a sniper rifle with a mouse?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Finished Phantom Limbs. GOTY.

Satisfied with the CE, just not with the price we have to pay for it in Sweden. The mobile app is awesome now properly, sickly detailed maps when you get the full 700 meg package. Real helpful and handy.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Anyone on PC been able to upload their GZ save? And any idea how long maintenance on the servers will be?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

iGestalt posted:

Anyone on PC been able to upload their GZ save? And any idea how long maintenance on the servers will be?

No and no idea. Konami say there's going to be a PC patch later today. Maybe they'll turn the servers on then.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Dominic White posted:

I had that as my tune for the first 15 or so missions, then my GF insisted I switch up, so now it's Take On Me.

A weapon to surpass Ride of The Valkyries.

Can Big Boss sing Karaoke?

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Wow, thank you intro length describers.

I downloaded the mobile app to my devices. I specifically bought a Tab 3 10.1" for TPP, and the app is crashing and burning. Works great on my Galaxy S5 though.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

iGestalt posted:

I grabbed my GZ save last night. Hideo is crazy good.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Attn PC players - there are (unconfirmed but very likely true) reports that TPP uses Denuvo. If you put the game folder on an SSD you might want to reconsider, just in case.
This would also explain the stupid poo poo like memory leaks in emblem editing.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Panzeh posted:

I grabbed my GZ save last night. Hideo is crazy good.

Darn. Hoping I can upload once I've started a game.

Prarambler
Sep 7, 2005

Senjuro posted:

Can anymore confirm if the lack of mouse sensitivity scaling when zoomed bug is still there?

I can confirm that this is working perfectly now, with binoculars and a sniper rifle, nice smooth aiming. I've been using keyboard + mouse for a few hours now without any major issues, there are a few tutorial button prompts that still reference a controller though.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Gunder posted:

saw a screenshot where you scratch his belly. also sounds like some of the button prompts are not showing up so maybe its a bug.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Guys. This is amazing. Amazing that I pulled it off, amazing that Kojima gave me the tools to do it.

I was on one of the first side-ops you get, to find an elite soldier. To my dismay, he was an elite SNIPER and he blasted me off the horse and soon had me pinned down behind a rock. I had him marked, though. He wasn't moving from his spot, and I couldn't move from my spot.

So I called in a supply drop... ON HIS HEAD.

It worked like a charm. 20 seconds later, he was out cold as a precision-launched cardboard box bonked him on the head, letting me snake close to him and fulton him.

I do believe I will like this game, even if it is structurally and tonally so different from Metal Gear as I know it that it's almost unrecognizable.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I got my copy yesterday! I'm already on 1-2!!

Prologue is kinda long, but whatever.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
When are us EU users going to be able to enter the codes that came with our physical GZ copies? Says expired or wrong for me

Got PS+ version too. All a mystery.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Terminally Bored posted:

Attn PC players - there are (unconfirmed but very likely true) reports that TPP uses Denuvo. If you put the game folder on an SSD you might want to reconsider, just in case.

Denuvo effects on SSD have been proven negligible, stop spreading that.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

ChaoticBob posted:

I can confirm that this is working perfectly now, with binoculars and a sniper rifle, nice smooth aiming. I've been using keyboard + mouse for a few hours now without any major issues, there are a few tutorial button prompts that still reference a controller though.

Thank godKojima. That was my single biggest worry about the port.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Terminally Bored posted:

Is that a brand of DRM? I have it on an SSD DNS haven't had issues in ~2 hours.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Wildtortilla posted:

Is that a brand of DRM? I have it on an SSD DNS haven't had issues in ~2 hours.

It's the new thing from the Starforce guys, it dynamically unecrypts stuff as necessary and has had some teething problems, Lords of the Fallen running a bit like poo poo because of it for instance, but it doesn't do anything to SSDs.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Orv posted:

Denuvo effects on SSD have been proven negligible, stop spreading that.

Idgaf if the effects negligible or serious. Some people would like to know I'm sure. Take your shitposting to the steam thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I love that the game's answer to Snake being mobile and more after years in a coma is "Ocelot gave him some good poo poo".

• Locked thread