Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I found a cassette called Afghan Lullaby. Once I research the iDroid speakers I'll be able to put people already nodding off to sleep with this, arent' I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yo I know that dogs tend to get big fast but I am pretty sure that DD went from tiny pup to giant wolf in two in-game days.

Snake has blood on his clothes older than that.

e. Not that I am complaining, but it was just odd

DD puffed on a phantom cigar and time sped up for him. Don't let your puppies smoke, kids.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
How long is it supposed to take installing game data after the prologue ends? It just hangs and my ps4 isn't even reading the disc.

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...
Is there a way to view/change keyboard and mouse controls? The settings only seem to affect a controller.

Dubious posted:

How long is it supposed to take installing game data after the prologue ends? It just hangs and my ps4 isn't even reading the disc.

Shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Apparition posted:

Is there a way to view/change keyboard and mouse controls? The settings only seem to affect a controller.

Shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

i let it sit for 10 minutes and didnt do poo poo, the counter isn't counting down. Trying now for a second time. Da gently caress?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

chasing down tanks on horseback w/ a rocket launcher, pretty cool

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So uh when are those exclusive soldiers for buying GZ when it came out supposed to join in TPP?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can you not order suppressors in a supply drop?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yo I know that dogs tend to get big fast but I am pretty sure that DD went from tiny pup to giant wolf in two in-game days.

Snake has blood on his clothes older than that.

e. Not that I am complaining, but it was just odd

If you do all the side ops and meticulously gather everything it seems to take ages. I'm at 15 hours played w/ no d-dog :(

NESguerilla posted:

They should always be one of the many items dropped- make sure one didn't roll down a hill or something.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
gently caress me Mission 12 is crazy.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

a cop posted:

Try it!

Of course it's easier for them to spot ya, it's black rather than tan in the middle of daytime! But yes the footstep dampening is powerful.

Sometimes I am not sure. Enemies seem to still get suspicious at the same distance even when I was using the right camo.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

NESguerilla posted:

The ammo/fulton drop should give you full suppressors.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

a cop posted:

If you do all the side ops and meticulously gather everything it seems to take ages. I'm at 15 hours played w/ no d-dog :(

I ran into him in my first side op. He was barking in the back ground and I ran around until I found him. I've since played for like 6 hours and he's still a puppy so maybe he just grows up a certain point in the story.

moller posted:

The ammo/fulton drop should give you full suppressors.

Oh hell yeah. Thanks.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

I ran into him in my first side op. He was barking in the back ground and I ran around until I found him. I've since played for like 6 hours and he's still a puppy so maybe he just grows up a certain point in the story.

Oh yeah ditto that's what I mean. It's taking me forever to progress through the story so it's seeming to take forever for him to grow up. I'm sure if you just do a bunch of story missions back to back it's pretty quick.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Duo posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm having a hard time deciding between picking this up for the PC or my PS4. It sounds like the game is optimized pretty well from what I've been reading. I have an i5 3570k @ 3.4 ghz, a GTX 660 (EVGA superclocked version but I have to underclock it a bit or else it overheats), and 8 gb of ram. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same card and how it's performing on their machine?

I have nearly the same setup. i5 something or another and a 660 TI and I'm running graphics on high and haven't had a single graphical problem yet. Game is gorgeous.

On the other hand... is anyone else losing their key bindings when they close the game? Every time I close and later launch the game all my key bindings are at default.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

a cop posted:

I ended up doing a run of main missions when I realized that they were needed to open up stuff like the combat ops, so I burned them down then went back for the rest.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Raxivace posted:

So uh when are those exclusive soldiers for buying GZ when it came out supposed to join in TPP?

Watching a friend stream today, and they joined after the mission with the Honey Bee, 'Where do bees sleep?' I think it was.

Don't you have to capture them in GZ though?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSKZ_lZTJ4

It's like Kojima knew what I wanted in a new MGS game..

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So I restarted my ps4 to try install the data past the prologue and now it won't even load my save because it says the dlc is missing :wtc:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dandywalken posted:

Watching a friend stream today, and they joined after the mission with the Honey Bee, 'Where do bees sleep?' I think it was.

Don't you have to capture them in GZ though?

I'm not talking about The Eye and The Finger and all them- I mean the ones you were supposed to get through all of those Konami Core shenanigans.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Does anyone know where to find Ocelot, Miller, and DD while on Mother Base? Quiet is easy enough to find, but I can never find the others (kind of odd that they aren't marked on the map.)

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

J posted:

Protip, once you unlock buddy dialogue options when sticking someone up and you don't want to have to hit 6 or 7 while holding down Q at the same time to interrogate, you can use the mouse and move it in the direction of the option on the wheel to highlight it and then use mouse3 to select that option. Maybe this could be fixed by changing keybinds but :effort:

Spacebar can also be used to toggle the option selected by moving the mouse during interrogation.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

TheHoosier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWSKZ_lZTJ4

It's like Kojima knew what I wanted in a new MGS game..

Oh poo poo. I was going to do that side op next. I thought it was a code name! :3:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Seagull posted:

Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
How do you just get like a new tranq silencer sent to you?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Holy loving hell can anyone find the maintenance schedule on the konami website? I must be blind because I can't find it anywhere.

Feenix posted:

Ammo/fulton supply drop. You can't ask for just a suppressor, it's all or nothing.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Why do fights keep breaking out, I go back to base and punch people to make them happy, is that not good enough. :negative:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Just unlocked DD as a buddy right after I put on the sneaking suit for the first time. I keep saying I'm done for the night but this game keeps doing cool stuff that stops me from turning it off.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Kojima is testing me. The GPU and Amazon failed to provide me the code to the game and must wait two days to get it delivered.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Anyone getting am issue on pc with the iDroid moving slower than molasses in the ACC? In-game everything runs like butter, just customizing stuff isn't

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

So the mission where you have to take out the 3 tanks. I shoot two, awesome. Shoot the third...gently caress, miss. And he starts hauling rear end away. Start running through bases chasing this fucker, no more missile ammo. Fire a pistol at them to get their attention, run up, dodge the cannon shot, plant C4 and blast it from point blank. Game of the year.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

a cop posted:

Oh yeah ditto that's what I mean. It's taking me forever to progress through the story so it's seeming to take forever for him to grow up. I'm sure if you just do a bunch of story missions back to back it's pretty quick.

Oh ok. It has gotta be story progress then. I've been screwing around a lot and doing side ops and fultoning sheep.

I talked to someone earlier that is 12 hours in and hasn't found the puppy yet so I got no idea what's going on behind the curtain with d dog.

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Feenix posted:

There is a special Resupply Flare Grenade you can develop pretty early and have to equip as a support weapon.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Jessant posted:

There is a special Resupply Flare Grenade you can develop pretty early and have to equip as a support weapon.

Wait what, when? I have level 14 R&D and haven't seen this.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The supernatural poo poo is a lot less b movie camp and a lot more surreal this time around.

Silent Hills was gonna be so good guys :(

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Pomp posted:

Silent Hills was gonna be so good guys :(

I kept thinking this through the prologue and whenever I've run into the Skulls so far.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dangerous Person posted:

I kept thinking this through the prologue and whenever I've run into the Skulls so far.

Yeeeep

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to check what these skills on my guys actually mean? I can't find an examine button or a list of what they mean either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
How do you select other characters for side missions?

• Locked thread