Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MrBigglesworth posted:

ITS A SCHOONER!

YOU KNOW WHAT!? THERE IS NO BOTTOM! WE'RE ALL GOING TO THE loving POOR HOUSE, BECAUSE THE MARKET IS PISSED AT US!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I sold nothing, it'll go up again. I base this on the knowledge I've aquired in the past two weeks of doing this.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011
Sounds good to me.

BUYBUYBUY

orange sky
May 7, 2007

midnightclimax posted:

I sold nothing, it'll go up again. I base this on the knowledge I've aquired in the past two weeks of doing this.

I've come to the conclusion that your guess is as good as some guesses coming from people who do this for a living

I base this on the knowledge I've acquired in the past month of doing this

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Holy poo poo got lucky with ACI

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Are you guys technical guessing or value-based guessing

I'm trying to develop an efficient guessing hypothesis

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf

Garfu posted:

Holy poo poo got lucky with ACI

The ACI board on Investorshub says they are going to $20 soon. I am really really tempted to buy some long range puts for 70 cents.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

That and lurking a bit. Amusingly enough I took someone's dare on buying SUNE. It was my ONLY green today.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008

MrBigglesworth posted:

The ACI board on Investorshub says they are going to $20 soon. I am really really tempted to buy some long range puts for 70 cents.

Are you referring to this ACI? https://www.google.com/finance?ei=ghHmVY_uEsWPmAGhkpawBw&q=aci

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

Monday I'm going to short 500 shares of BRK.A

Who's with me?

3 million.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I think the only way to make investment choices properly informed by macro conditions is to read zerohedge while listening to CNBC.

Then when you gently caress everything up you can at least say you knew that was going to happen.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
First you draw an X on a paper, then you sacrifice a chicken and smear the blood across the page. If you see batman or a surprised patrick star then you must buy, buy, buy.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Commoners posted:

First you draw an X on a paper, then you sacrifice a chicken and smear the blood across the page. If you see batman or a surprised patrick star then you must buy, buy, buy.

I prefer goats

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ryanbruce posted:

That and lurking a bit. Amusingly enough I took someone's dare on buying SUNE. It was my ONLY green today.

I bought 10 shares of FORD on a lark and it went up like 37% today

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf

Yeppers.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

:gb2gbs:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Were you trying to buy NYSE:F instead? I wonder how many people do this daily.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Torpor posted:

I think the only way to make investment choices properly informed by macro conditions is to read zerohedge while listening to CNBC.

Then when you gently caress everything up you can at least say you knew that was going to happen.

My favorite investment tricks include:

(1) Following the hedge fund herd (13-F statements for big money managers)
(2) Doing the opposite of what Goldman Sachs tells its clients (I made a KILLING on cablevision that way)
(3) Following news about buyback authorizations

"Value" investing doesn't really exist in this market unless you are Warren Buffet or a PE firm.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Canada is officially in a recession. I hope you guys dumped your positions in beaver pelts, maple syrup, poutine, and Tim Horton's (especially before they get nationalized).

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Goodpancakes posted:

Canada is officially in a recession. I hope you guys dumped your positions in beaver pelts, maple syrup, poutine, and Tim Horton's (especially before they get nationalized).

Oh god my QSR! :negative:
Edit: Things look different by the light of the pre market, buy to cover and be happy with my fake monies.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 2, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Were you trying to buy NYSE:F instead? I wonder how many people do this daily.

Nah I knew what it was. I like to buy penny stocks in small amounts here and there just for kicks.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I think I'm too chicken to invest. Every time I'm ready to click the button, I end up exiting the window thinking "It will go lower!"

orange sky
May 7, 2007

CloFan posted:

I think I'm too chicken to invest. Every time I'm ready to click the button, I end up exiting the window thinking "It will go lower!"

Only good strategy

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CloFan posted:

If NFLX pre trading is any indication, today is a rally day.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

VendaGoat posted:

If NFLX pre trading is any indication, today is a rally day.

/ES is significantly up as well, usually a good indicator where the general sentiment is at open.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
It's all Green! :stare:

not enough to make up for the rear end pounding of the recent past, but, it's all GREEN!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

CloFan posted:

http://awealthofcommonsense.com/worlds-worst-market-timer/

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

CloFan posted:

Chicken, eh? SAFM is for you! :henget:

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
No NFLX the market is green, you are supposed to be green, not red!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

MrBigglesworth posted:

No NFLX the market is green, you are supposed to be green, not red!

:saddowns:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I did it, I clicked the button. 10 shares of NFLX are now mine. It ain't much, but it's a start?

E: Google finance is bad. Someone said Yahoo was better. What's the best?

fruition
Feb 1, 2014

CloFan posted:

I did it, I clicked the button. 10 shares of NFLX are now mine. It ain't much, but it's a start?

E: Google finance is bad. Someone said Yahoo was better. What's the best?

I hit up Yahoo/Google for a quick quote, Finviz is the obligatory right answer I guess.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Contemplating double down on NFLX, it will come back, but at around $100 its even more attractive like it was on my last lot of $97 earlier last week...hmmmmmmmm

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!
I'm new and dumb, but it looks like you can't buy CSIQ via Robinhood. Can anyone explain why that is?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Robinhood only deals with US stocks.

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!

Shinjobi posted:

Robinhood only deals with US stocks.

Well, that makes sense. I thought it was buyable before, but I probably only just now noticed it.

Thanks!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like a nice little rally day so far... I put in a bunch of buy orders last night so I'm happy about that.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
This market starting to feel like those moments right before your car tire falls off. One second it's good, one second it's bad, and then all of a sudden crash and burn.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Untagged posted:

This market starting to feel like those moments right before your car tire falls off. One second it's good, one second it's bad, and then all of a sudden crash and burn.

Presented from the buttcoin thread as the reason for the market behavior.

FCKGW posted:

This is a real article in the one of the most popular "legitimate" Bitcoin news website CoinTelegraph

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115204/the-shemitah-are-we-just-days-away-from-global-economic-destruction-op-ed-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
invest in doge coin NOW NOW NOW