Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

At this rate I might be playing Super Mario Maker before The Phantom Pain gets here. The MGSV gamehavers thread is a cruel joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

At this rate I might be playing Super Mario Maker before The Phantom Pain gets here. The MGSV gamehavers thread is a cruel joke.

I refuse to click on it until at least Sept 15th.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ive been posting in there without having it and by now it feels like the games been out a month

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
im glad to have not played the mgs games so that I do not have any distractions for mario maker.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Why not both

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I refuse to click on it until at least Sept 15th.

I don't bother with it since megathreads for single player games are where all the fucktards come out and ask what's the best way to do x and tell you secrets and poo poo, plus their usually filled with GBS people who just lurk forums otherwise. No disrespect to Zoq Fot Pik.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

at one point i commanded so much respect in the quake community here that even after i called a guy an old goth with lovely taste in music and another ugly with a big nose they asked me to play in their ctf clan for a tournament. i didnt know where to post this but i just remembered it

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm going to play this with my Mario-crazed 5 year old and make forced scrolling platform stages to make her strong and brave, while letting her make probably unplayable stages for me to try to play. :3:

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

I'm going to play this with my Mario-crazed 5 year old and make forced scrolling platform stages to make her strong and brave, while letting her make probably unplayable stages for me to try to play. :3:

I don't know anyone to play this with :smith:

I just hope I can share my forced auto-scrollers with you guys.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

VideoGames posted:

im glad to have not played the mgs games so that I do not have any distractions for mario maker.

same

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

at one point i commanded so much respect in the quake community here that even after i called a guy an old goth with lovely taste in music and another ugly with a big nose they asked me to play in their ctf clan for a tournament. i didnt know where to post this but i just remembered it

inspirational

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Wormskull posted:

I don't bother with it since megathreads for single player games are where all the fucktards come out and ask what's the best way to do x and tell you secrets and poo poo, plus their usually filled with GBS people who just lurk forums otherwise. No disrespect to Zoq Fot Pik.

Megathreads suck make a new thread any time you wanna post about something imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

SeXReX posted:

Megathreads suck make a new thread any time you wanna post about something imo

how about you just never post again

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Fungah! posted:

how about you just never post again

I try to but the voices in my head just keep telling me to

Someone make a thread for shower with your dad simulator 2015 it just came out and its goty

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SeXReX posted:

this guys is loving edgy!!!!!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

SeXReX posted:

Someone make a thread for shower with your dad simulator 2015 it just came out and its goty

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jesus Christ

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

lmao

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/mario-maker-platformer-platform/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TAGS

TWITTER NINTENDO REDDIT FACEBOOK SUPER MARIO TUMBLR MARIO SOCIAL MEDIA SILICON VALLEY MARIO MAKER MARXISM

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Actually starts talking about Mario Maker at paragraph seven, lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That is the worst website I've ever seen

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I'm gonna get paid to play mario maker.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Erik Fredner's other articles include THE MAGIC CIRCLE IS A DAMNING INDICTMENT OF MODERN GAME DESIGN and THE YEAR IN ANTI-GAMES

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The point is that these companies give you affordances—a text-box to type in and, hopefully, an audience—to broadcast your political views and/or latte art. They usually call these “platforms,” a metaphorical launchpad for your idea. But we have to remember that, in Instagramming your baby back ribs at Chili’s, you’re not only assuring everyone of your ironic/earnest love for Chili’s in general (and baby back ribs in particular, in spite of the fact that they are made of “baby back”), but also adding value to both Instagram and Chili’s in the form of free—albeit ironically detached—advertising.

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fredrik1 posted:

I'm gonna get paid to play mario maker.

same but without the pay

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i'm not reading that friend of the family

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

TAGS

TWITTER NINTENDO REDDIT FACEBOOK SUPER MARIO TUMBLR MARIO SOCIAL MEDIA SILICON VALLEY MARIO MAKER MARXISM

loving christ

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I love pitchfork media

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was actually disappointed when I clicked on the MARXISM tag and that was the only article

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lmao http://killscreendaily.com/articles/ruthless-capitalism-wario-land-super-mario-3/

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

got as far as the title before lollin'

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anyway, enough about lovely gaming journalism. Mario Maker comes out in 8 days. I hope I can at least finish the main story of MGSV by then.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's nothing, check this out: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZNS6JW

Length: 769 pages

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Anyway, enough about lovely gaming journalism. Mario Maker comes out in 8 days. I hope I can at least finish the main story of MGSV by then.

I'm going to use it as a palate cleanser to take breaks from TPP. I won't start MGSV until Tuesday most likely

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

That's nothing, check this out: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HZNS6JW

Length: 769 pages
I heard that's actually pretty good.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Finally picked up NSMBU + Luigi U so I can get some practice in before SMM comes out.

Once I get some drat time of course.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

We've mostly seen Mario 3 and Mario World stuff so far, but I think there's a lot you can do with the NSMB controls, especially the wall jump. I'm thinking about building a pseudo Mega Man X level around wall jumping and fire flowers.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

new mario in mario maker also has the mario world spin, so that + wall jump will make for some cool stuff

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

new mario in mario maker also has the mario world spin, so that + wall jump will make for some cool stuff
It's all going to kick so much rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

NSMBU has the Mario world spin, it's not just a Mario maker thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

NSMBU has the Mario world spin, it's not just a Mario maker thing

in new mario its just like a one time flutter jump, in mario maker it has the world property of letting you bounce on deadly stuff

• Locked thread