Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Is precious metal important for any development options or can I just sell it all for money?

Deployment costs have a little metal in them, depending on your loadout. And Motherbase development requires it. It's really not worth selling. You don't get that much for it and you'll use it later. Better to stockpile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Does ballooning up the resource crates in Mother Base actually do anything for you, or are you just wasting GMP?

Resources end up being the bottleneck in building more base expansions.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Is there a list somewhere of the different animal ranks and how to get them? I got octopus during the Honey Bee mission and it'd be nice to actually know wtf that means.

In your iDroid, go to Database and then Encyclodepia. It's the last option to the right.

KidDynamite posted:

Resources end up being the bottleneck in building more base expansions.

I know, but am I getting resources by ballooning them if they're already on my base is what I'm asking.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

The fact that this isnt pre-rendered cutscene is just ridiculous

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Manatee Cannon posted:

In your iDroid, go to Database and then Encyclodepia. It's the last option to the right.

Cool thx

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I conquered an outpost earlier whilst using my phantom cigar :prettygood:

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER
Can you import custom music on the PlayStation 4?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I wish there was a way to set team priority for auto-assigning your guys. If someone has A+ combat and A+ R&D, I want him to do science, not war.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Geez is it really necessary for the platforms to be so far away from each other? I know the shortcuts(helicopter, box delivery) but still. Also there isn't that much to do on MB but it sure is pretty.

EDIT: Anyone know an easy way to force an auto-save? It's really annoying that it doesn't save when you quit to title.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Dezztroy posted:

I wish there was a way to set team priority for auto-assigning your guys. If someone has A+ combat and A+ R&D, I want him to do science, not war.

You can press L2 on ps4 to lock them into that section. When you auto sort, they won't be affected.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

RatHat posted:

Geez is it really necessary for the platforms to be so far away from each other? I know the shortcuts(helicopter, box delivery) but still. Also there isn't that much to do on MB but it sure is pretty.

It's to mask loading- and probably even more to avoid having to fully render certain things on multiple struts at once.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Mr. Kerstbal posted:

Can you import custom music on the PlayStation 4?

No

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

scaterry posted:

You can press L2 on ps4 to lock them into that section. When you auto sort, they won't be affected.

Yeah, but that still requires me to manually look through and assign like 300 guys.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Dezztroy posted:

Yeah, but that still requires me to manually look through and assign like 300 guys.

That's the only way.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Is the PS4 version of this running at a capped FPS?

Debating on whether or not I should pick it up for PC or console. Just put a 980 into the PC so I should be good, right?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo that mission to help the rebels take out tanks sure is something huh :stare:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I see folks mention customizing emblems. I Can't figure out how/where. I heard in the helicopter... but do they mean at the Menu screen?

ie: Contine, Options, Import GZ save?

Trackpad button doesn't seem to work there. Is that progress gated, too?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Feenix posted:

I see folks mention customizing emblems. I Can't figure out how/where. I heard in the helicopter... but do they mean at the Menu screen?

Select Customization from the iDroid menu while on the helicopter

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Am I doing this right

I know making the games online junk work without taking 10 minutes to load your idroid is the priority but I wish they would fix the emblem designer on PC so I can see what words I have unlocked past girl.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Holy poo poo that mission to help the rebels take out tanks sure is something huh :stare:

The worst thing about it is that mission is FULL of prisoners, some escaping through the desert, with unique skills for development, and rescuing them is secondary to destroying tanks and you're on a time limit.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

It's kind of dumb that the "Starring:" credits that play before you start a mission straight up spoil when certain characters are going to show up.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Has anyone found the Snake Eater tape yet? It's in, right? RIGHT?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm dumb, how do I put posters on boxes.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

I know, but am I getting resources by ballooning them if they're already on my base is what I'm asking.

Oh, then no. Why would that work? You could just farm everything at MB then.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Traxis posted:

Select Customization from the iDroid menu while on the helicopter

I guess my question is, when am I on the helicopter that is not the menu screen? Do you just mean during extractions and dropoffs?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

PantsBandit posted:

It's kind of dumb that the "Starring:" credits that play before you start a mission straight up spoil when certain characters are going to show up.

jesus christ

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Speedball posted:

The worst thing about it is that mission is FULL of prisoners, some escaping through the desert, with unique skills for development, and rescuing them is secondary to destroying tanks and you're on a time limit.

are they rescuable on a second run-through? i didn't even know about this :qq:

LCL-Dead posted:

Is the PS4 version of this running at a capped FPS?

Debating on whether or not I should pick it up for PC or console. Just put a 980 into the PC so I should be good, right?

yes, you will be more than fine. using a 760gtx it's already like butter

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

KoldPT posted:

Has anyone found the Snake Eater tape yet? It's in, right? RIGHT?

I think I got it last night, just gotta check that it's that, and I'm not misremembering.

I'll double check in a bit, but if I did get it, I got it from a small outpost in Africa, one of the more south-eastern ones. Picked it clean while travelling to a side op once.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TheQat posted:

yes, you will be more than fine. using a 760gtx it's already like butter

Thanks!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

a cop posted:

jesus christ

yeah good point

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Feenix posted:

I guess my question is, when am I on the helicopter that is not the menu screen? Do you just mean during extractions and dropoffs?
When you are not loaded up into a map but you are in the helicopter, that is when you are in the ACC. From a game startup, immediately after you hit start you are in the ACC. In the acc you get special options in your idroid.

Big Boss lives in the helicopter, not on Mother Base.

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
The one thing I would fault this game for is not really explaining certain things. Such as being able to sell poo poo. Unless there is a tape that explains it all.

Also, how long does it take to get DD on missions? I got him right before my second mission and am about 9% done.

Also also, I call my base big boss's big house party :smug:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Feenix posted:

get in the helicopter and let it gain altitude (this is the Aerial Command Center). press the iDroid button, then L1 til you are on the Mother Base menu. Customize should be at the top.

This is not the same as the options menu, which is opened with the not-iDroid button

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
So what exactly is the point of the Helicopter Flare Grenade I can develop? I can call air support in with the iDroid already.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Calihan posted:

So what exactly is the point of the Helicopter Flare I can develop? I can call air support in with the iDroid already.

It lets it call you in to almost any location.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jeesis posted:

Also, how long does it take to get DD on missions? I got him right before my second mission and am about 9% done.

I just now unlocked him after doing mission 9. I got the puppy around the same time you did.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks guys. I had never just taken off in the Helicopter. Much obliged.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
how do i make my d-walker sneaky, i was told it would be sneaky but they heard me from a mile away

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Partial Octopus posted:

It lets it call you in to almost any location.

I really haven't come across a location where I cannot call in an air strike. I know landing zones are limited by AA radar coverage but they seem to be happy enough to blow the crap out of whatever I tell it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

poo poo!

• Locked thread