Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I could see it with weird game.

This is a non-statement. Is he scummy or not? Why say this?

Given his history, I think it's a null read. Most people I'd be a bit sus of making a statement like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Quidnose posted:

What does he gain by making it up?
In my mind at this point he's basically another 3rd party and I don't like keeping 3rd parties around

especially if they can flip into an anti-town role at any point in the game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Kashuno posted:

Given his history, I think it's a null read. Most people I'd be a bit sus of making a statement like that.

This is not a very town mindset.

HiipFire's response is totally Towne though.

Kashuno are you scum don't lie

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HiipFire posted:

In my mind at this point he's basically another 3rd party and I don't like keeping 3rd parties around

I didn't consider this, good point.

Quidnose posted:

Not today.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

imgay posted:

Anyone elses alignment not being revealed until n3?

Nope. I'm town.

I think Hiip's interpretation is a good one.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think he'd know if he were scum bc he'd be in the scum doc, right? So he's probably not scum as of this moment, unless he's a scum traitor or something.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I think he'd know if he were scum bc he'd be in the scum doc, right? So he's probably not scum as of this moment, unless he's a scum traitor or something.
?????????

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
another 3p decides my alignment and another 3p decides my role. So its really up to them I guess

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

imgay posted:

another 3p decides my alignment and another 3p decides my role. So its really up to them I guess

Oh you literally don't have one yet? I thought you just didn't know what it was. Nvm

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

imgay posted:

You are going to end up an executioner with Hiipfire as your target.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
That or you'll have to keep Hiipfire alive to win. Either would be hilarious.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

imgay posted:

i hope you're prepared for the most contradictory bullshit role ever because there's no way that works out well for you

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

imgay posted:

lmao im pretty sure i had that kind of role before lemme find the game

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
It was Role Madness 3 and I became a town vig after N1

still kinda wanna lynch imgay tho, but with that game in mind I would only lynch as a policy thing and if any other worthwhile candidate pops up I'd be down for that too

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HiipFire posted:

It was Role Madness 3 and I became a town vig after N1

still kinda wanna lynch imgay tho, but with that game in mind I would only lynch as a policy thing and if any other worthwhile candidate pops up I'd be down for that too

scum post
##vote Hiipfire

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Epsilon Plus posted:

because Mafia is a democracy, not a dictatorship

This is bullshit.

##vote Epsilon Plus

lynch all liars!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

HiipFire posted:

Would unironically lynch over this

Actually, seconded. Would definately lynch over this.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

imgay posted:

...And now I want to leave you in the game. Nothing can possibly go wrong!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Confirmed.

##vote imgay

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hey

What alignment am I?

Step right up

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
You're dumbwitted sack of poo poo alignment

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

This is not a very town mindset.

HiipFire's response is totally Towne though.

Could you further explain why you think hiipfires response is totally towne?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

Confirmed.

##vote imgay

I voted for imgay before I got to his role stuff, as a joke vote but now it's a real vote.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote imgay

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

You're dumbwitted sack of poo poo alignment

Nopr

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Was I even close?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I feel unjustly hated, I've been very upfront about everything too

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't like a guy who could become some crazy role in a couple days ##vote imgay

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, I've changed my mind. I still get the argument for knocking him out, but this seems like a super easy vote for scum to hop on. And we aren't even voting for scum at this point.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I've changed my mind. I still get the argument for knocking him out, but this seems like a super easy vote for scum to hop on. And we aren't even voting for scum at this point.

I see your point re: easy for scum to jump on. However, it's probably not a great idea for the game to have someone that can be turned scum and also assigned a role by Either town or scum. Seems like a risky player to leave around.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I don't like a guy who could become some crazy role in a couple days ##vote imgay

Kashuno floated this idea earlier and now it's an easy position to restate and ride with a flip if Imgay is telling the truth that doesn't implicate anyone for it being @wrong"

##vote Kashuno

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

OK that's actually not entirely true and not really my point.

Kashuno floated the idea that imgay not having an alignment was somehow not a good thing but put no real opinion or explanation to it. See me responding to why i felt that was scummy.

Then once it gained traction with actual REASONS he didn't have to create and he knew people would agree with, he solidified his opinion and jumped on.

Scum.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Please answer my question above quid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

OK that's actually not entirely true and not really my point.

Kashuno floated the idea that imgay not having an alignment was somehow not a good thing but put no real opinion or explanation to it. See me responding to why i felt that was scummy.

Then once it gained traction with actual REASONS he didn't have to create and he knew people would agree with, he solidified his opinion and jumped on.

Scum.

Almost like someone pointed out something I hadn't considered originally that changed my thinking

HiipFire posted:

Kashuno posted:

I didn't consider this, good point.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
The only reason I don't want to lunch imgay is that whoever converts him presumably has the instructions for that in their role PM? Town will obviously make him town and scum will obviously make him scum. If his converter flips town that would clear him as town, and if his converter flips scum, well, easy scum lunch?

My guess is that one side picks his role and the other picks his alignment. This probably isn't a great reason to leave him alive but it's worth considering IMO.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I see your point re: easy for scum to jump on. However, it's probably not a great idea for the game to have someone that can be turned scum and also assigned a role by Either town or scum. Seems like a risky player to leave around.

Eh, the OP stated that anyone could change. Obviously there are role(s) that do that anyway. I'm not sure what makes imgay special other than he apparently doesn't even have an alignment yet?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think by pointing out he does not have an alignment, he makes himself a good target for both scum and town recruiters. I wonder the result if they both target him the same night.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hope whoever the recruiters for each team are, they are slightly more imaginative than just 'grab the unaligned dude that shitposts a lot'

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I hope whoever the recruiters for each team are, they are slightly more imaginative than just 'grab the unaligned dude that shitposts a lot'

Every recruiter or alignment changer should target me tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CapitalistPig posted:

Every recruiter or alignment changer should target me tonight.

Nah they should target me because I'm also unaligned and I not only shitpost but sometimes I get upset and swear a lot

I don't care if I'm scum or town tbh

• Locked thread