Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Nah they should target me because I'm also unaligned and I not only shitpost but sometimes I get upset and swear a lot

I don't care if I'm scum or town tbh

They should target me for maximum hilarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Well I can't argue with that

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Well I can't argue with that

You don't even know man, you don't even know.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't see how I'm a threat right now when I'm basically just vanilla at this point in the middle of a role madness game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Magnus Gallant posted:

Could you further explain why you think hiipfires response is totally towne?

HiipFire posted:

In my mind at this point he's basically another 3rd party and I don't like keeping 3rd parties around

especially if they can flip into an anti-town role at any point in the game

To me this is HiipFire saying "he is a threat EVENTUALLY and POTENTIALLY, and that makes me nervous." I can completely understand, without any guarantee of knowledge of the mechanics of the game that a scum team would have since they would be coordinating their roles, being one of the early town members to see that claim and say "yeah that makes him really dangerous." That is a town mindset.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

By comparison, look how Kashuno analyzed this claim:

Kashuno posted:

I severely question this because it's weird, but otoh you were completely up front about everything in Complete Bullshit so idk maybe total honesty in your meta.

No real opinion. "You bringing this up is scummy but maybe it's not because meta and the way you played before!" This is a safe, looking like I'm contributing post. By itself, might not be anything early game, but when I pressed him on it:

Kashuno posted:

Given his history, I think it's a null read. Most people I'd be a bit sus of making a statement like that.

This again says absolutely nothing. Of course it's a null read because he's saying "i'm a null role." I still can't see a reason why scum would bring that up, and I said as much when people were asking about it. But Kashuno doesn't say "it's a null read because if that's his role he'd be able to go either way," Kashuno says "it's a null read, BUT if someone made a claim like that I'd be suspicious of them." Two things with that: 1. he again is not committing to an opinion on it, just floating ideas that he could latch on to. 2. Once again he's subtly using meta arguments to potentially push a case.

And THEN once people actually form opinions and votes start to form on Imgay:

Kashuno posted:

I don't like a guy who could become some crazy role in a couple days ##vote imgay

He's right that he's never stated this, but why wouldn't he have thought that before? Especially when HiipFire floated it immediately and he could have commented on it as he was answering my question at the same time that HiipFire was? It's safe to make this claim now because it's the popular opinion, and again, if Imgay actually has NO alignment when he flips, well then Kashuno doesn't look bad.

He doubles down on other people's casework here:

Kashuno posted:

I see your point re: easy for scum to jump on. However, it's probably not a great idea for the game to have someone that can be turned scum and also assigned a role by Either town or scum. Seems like a risky player to leave around.

And then when called out on it:

Kashuno posted:

Almost like someone pointed out something I hadn't considered originally that changed my thinking

Ok, cool, you actually did say "I didn't consider that, that's a great point." Why didn't you vote then or continue to build the case? The way you rode this looks scummy as hell.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

By comparison, look how Kashuno analyzed this claim:

No real opinion. "You bringing this up is scummy but maybe it's not because meta and the way you played before!" This is a safe, looking like I'm contributing post. By itself, might not be anything early game, but when I pressed him on it:

This again says absolutely nothing. Of course it's a null read because he's saying "i'm a null role." I still can't see a reason why scum would bring that up, and I said as much when people were asking about it. But Kashuno doesn't say "it's a null read because if that's his role he'd be able to go either way," Kashuno says "it's a null read, BUT if someone made a claim like that I'd be suspicious of them." Two things with that: 1. he again is not committing to an opinion on it, just floating ideas that he could latch on to. 2. Once again he's subtly using meta arguments to potentially push a case.

And THEN once people actually form opinions and votes start to form on Imgay:

He's right that he's never stated this, but why wouldn't he have thought that before? Especially when HiipFire floated it immediately and he could have commented on it as he was answering my question at the same time that HiipFire was? It's safe to make this claim now because it's the popular opinion, and again, if Imgay actually has NO alignment when he flips, well then Kashuno doesn't look bad.

He doubles down on other people's casework here:

And then when called out on it:

Ok, cool, you actually did say "I didn't consider that, that's a great point." Why didn't you vote then or continue to build the case? The way you rode this looks scummy as hell.

I agree with your points on k but is he new?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nah I'm 7-8 games deep now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Quid haven't you played enough games with me yet to notice I make posts with null reads that people say "why did he bother saying that" all the time, especially d1? I tend to vote a lot, float a lot of ideas, and the settle down somewhere by day end which we aren't really close to. I'm pretty sure I don't go d1 in any game without a few votes on me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
isn't he more likely to be town because town outnumbner scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I guess that's possible, depending on how many recruiters town has vs what I would guess is one scum recruiter

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Quid haven't you played enough games with me yet to notice I make posts with null reads that people say "why did he bother saying that" all the time, especially d1? I tend to vote a lot, float a lot of ideas, and the settle down somewhere by day end which we aren't really close to. I'm pretty sure I don't go d1 in any game without a few votes on me

Yes, I do get that. Doesn't change my mind about seeing the way that unfolded in this particular instance and get bad vibes.

If you continue to do what you usually do I'll probably change my mind, but for what it's worth this ~feels~ a little less "looking around figuring it out" and a little more "well that was easy to latch on to, I lucked out with people taking my poo poo an runnin' with it"

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

imgay (4): HiipFire, Magnus Gallant, Opopanax, Kashuno
HiipFire (1): imgay
Epsilon Plus (1): Amnistar
Kashuno (1): Quidnose

Not Voting (13): AnonymousNarcotics, bowmore, CapitalistPig, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, garthoneeye, King Burgundy, Kleedrac, Little Mac, ljtrigirl, MC Eating Disorder, Mithross, Tremendous Taste

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 04th, 2015 at 8 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

While I understand the sentiment of "he could be dangerous" and we won't be able to trust him moving forward unless he ends up confirmed masons with a dead person or something, I think imgay is a waste of a cuddle today. Gives us zero information.

Really we should probably no cuddle today so people can start makign connections because what are we going to get from it?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Quidnose posted:

Really we should probably no cuddle today so people can start makign connections because what are we going to get from it?

But any connections we draw today are going to be suspect tomorrow, which means we're damned if we do and damned if we dont.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
No lynching is always a bad idea. Especially on day 1 when we have nothing to go on so far

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, no cuddle on day one is horrible. It means tomorrow is still day 1.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

wait who suggested a nolunch? am i reading this thread wrong

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Chic Trombone posted:

wait who suggested a nolunch? am i reading this thread wrong

Quidnose posted:

While I understand the sentiment of "he could be dangerous" and we won't be able to trust him moving forward unless he ends up confirmed masons with a dead person or something, I think imgay is a waste of a cuddle today. Gives us zero information.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

oh. yeah ok i missed that. Quidnose you should know better than that by now my dude, nolunching D1 is literally the worst idea

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah I half floated that to see what people would say. Unfortunately I probably did it a little early.

There is a part of me that is kinda like "without a lot of town connections and things changing maybe it is a waste of time" but immediately as I posted it I was like "actually that's probably done but let's see what people says" and then I was like "hey good scum finder" :smugdog:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
would scum quidnose float the idea of a day 1 no cuddle

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

bowmore posted:

would scum quidnose float the idea of a day 1 no cuddle

Anti-backwards scum Quidnose would, and for all I know that's an alignment in this game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Mithross posted:

Anti-backwards scum Quidnose would, and for all I know that's an alignment in this game.

Are you implying I have a post restriction as scum that says "act scummy as possible to be anti-meta quidnose!" because that's kinda dumb. But I don't really see what else you might be saying because if you think it's not in my meta then I wouldn't be doing it unless I was actively going against my meta, which wouldn't be game enforced.

Your post is a weird joke that kinda gives me bad vibes~

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

imgay posted:

scum post
##vote Hiipfire

well im sorry that my reading up on the role made me more sympathetic towards the not lynching of you

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Are you implying I have a post restriction as scum that says "act scummy as possible to be anti-meta quidnose!" because that's kinda dumb. But I don't really see what else you might be saying because if you think it's not in my meta then I wouldn't be doing it unless I was actively going against my meta, which wouldn't be game enforced.

It's a futurama quote. Well, sort of. They have an Anti-backwards crystal, not quidnose. So basically I'm saying Bender is great.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Well ok.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Quidnose posted:

Quidnose posted:

Yeah I half floated that to see what people would say. Unfortunately I probably did it a little early.

This reads like a serious backpedal IMO. Bets so hedged they're carved into swans.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You completely leave out the part where I explain how, after posting, I came to that conclusion, and that's lazy and misrepresentative. I don't think there's really any way you look at me saying "yeah I get you, I thought of that, and ended up rolling with it even though I didn't even fully agree with myself because I wanted to see how people responded" as a disingenuous backpedal for something that didn't take traction, especially when I called Kashuno out for doing the same thing and clearly documented how he did it. That'd be pretty silly. It's also pretty silly you leave out that essential part of my post to make your part and I'm so curious as to why that's what you did, since you prove my point of it being effective as a reaction gauge! :allears:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose posted:

It's also pretty silly you leave out that essential part of my post to make your part and I'm so curious as to why that's what you did, since you prove my point of it being effective as a reaction gauge! :allears:

Mafia edit: Case, not part.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Quidnose posted:

There is a part of me that is kinda like "without a lot of town connections and things changing maybe it is a waste of time" but immediately as I posted it I was like "actually that's probably done but let's see what people says" and then I was like "hey good scum finder" :smugdog:

That should also read as "dumb," not done.

There are some problems with the clarity of this post but the intent isn't one of them so I'm confused, E+man!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Quidnose posted:

You completely leave out the part where I explain how, after posting, I came to that conclusion, and that's lazy and misrepresentative. I don't think there's really any way you look at me saying "yeah I get you, I thought of that, and ended up rolling with it even though I didn't even fully agree with myself because I wanted to see how people responded" as a disingenuous backpedal for something that didn't take traction, especially when I called Kashuno out for doing the same thing and clearly documented how he did it. That'd be pretty silly. It's also pretty silly you leave out that essential part of my post to make your part and I'm so curious as to why that's what you did, since you prove my point of it being effective as a reaction gauge! :allears:

This mostly reads as some puppetmaster poo poo? I left out the "essential" part of your post because it read half self-explanatory and half self-congratulatory. You floated the idea of a no-lunch and then immediately said "oh I was just doing it to get reactions". Well, you got mine.

Trap sprung.

I guess.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Quidnose posted:

This is a weird post. It sounds so fake and constructed. Then it ends with a non-committal accusation that reads like it's trying to deflect. Add onto this the fact that Epsilon is pretty much echoing my feelings on Quid.

##vote Quid

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Quidnose posted:

Except it does?

It gives opportunity to look at who made weak/hedgy votes, who made strong votes, who opposed it.
It basically gives us everything except a definitive flip, which on D1 isn't even that much to go off of imo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidnose posted:

This reads to me as someone who is seriously trying to backpedal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote quid and subsequent posts aren't great either

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

We lynch somebody that is no loss to town and is a possible loss to scum as they can no longer recruit him? Even as a "trap sprung" idea this is pretty silly. Did it help you locate scum?

HiipFire posted:

Except it does?

It gives opportunity to look at who made weak/hedgy votes, who made strong votes, who opposed it.
It basically gives us everything except a definitive flip, which on D1 isn't even that much to go off of imo

I don't really agree with this idea, however. He's not aligned with anyone, so I don't think judging who does/doesn't vote him gets us much information.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

This reads to me as someone who is seriously trying to backpedal.

This feels like a weird bandwagon thing without any of your own thought behind it.

##vote CapitalistPig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

This feels like a weird bandwagon thing without any of your own thought behind it.

##vote CapitalistPig

lol look at this scumbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

##vote CapitalistPig

please enlighten us as oh great and wise KB who now appears to be trying to swing votes away from someone who is acting more scummy than me to protect his scumbuddy.

• Locked thread