Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I'm already the demon. I knocked a guy out and dragged him over to a busy thoroughfare in the middle of a camp, then covered his body with C-4 before shooting a few rounds into the air to alert every. I took cover up in the hills and watched as a small group of soldiers came to investigate the sound, saw the body, then rushed over to see if they could wake him. Click click BOOM.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

holy poo poo the bossfight against the female skull unit snipers was loving intense, brought along quiet and my own sniper for a ridiculously awesome team sniper duel

I basically had Team Fortress 2 sniper wars with them, pop out, wiggle back and forth, take a shot, hide. Worked like a charm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Feenix posted:

But Im talking about the Riot SMG Blueprint. Is that where you deal with Blueprints? (the ACC?) I just assumed I'd find the blueprint for the Riot SMG and then have to go to Mother Base > Development...

Have you developed the earlier rank of it? The Riot SMG blueprint (and blueprints in general) is a component for the upgraded variant, not the gun itself.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
So uh, Quiet just invited me to take a shower with her. So we showered together while my soldiers were watching and commenting how Quiet was "a naughty girl".

Ocelot also watched in shame.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 4, 2015

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Have you developed the earlier rank of it? The Riot SMG blueprint (and blueprints in general) is a component for the upgraded variant, not the gun itself.

Oh poo poo, really? I guess I should probably do that side op...

E. Will snake and quiet just gently caress already

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

No. And sorry for all this, I guess I'm just confused? I found a blueprint for it in a Side Op, I think? Early on... I just assumed it was a thing I could make now. But I don't see it in any of the development menus. Maybe I need to do more? I just didn't know..

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tamayachi posted:

I'm already the demon. I knocked a guy out and dragged him over to a busy thoroughfare in the middle of a camp, then covered his body with C-4 before shooting a few rounds into the air to alert every. I took cover up in the hills and watched as a small group of soldiers came to investigate the sound, saw the body, then rushed over to see if they could wake him. Click click BOOM.

That's loving awesome.

I did the Battlefield trick of slapping all my C4 on the front of a jeep and ramming it into a tank. I can't believe I survived bailing out like 8 feet away.

Oh... I want to see what happens physics-wise if you slap c4 on something, then fulton it, then detonate it while it's hanging in the air.

edit: ^ What's probably happening is that because you have a blueprint for an upgrade, but not the base version yet, you can't see it at all. Once you get the base version, the upgrade will also show up. I think.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
Can anyone who is far/has completed the main story share whether taking Quiet as a buddy or not has an effect on the overall story? Like will there be distinct quiet/non-quiet playthroughs? Can't find a dang thing about it.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Feenix posted:

No. And sorry for all this, I guess I'm just confused? I found a blueprint for it in a Side Op, I think? Early on... I just assumed it was a thing I could make now. But I don't see it in any of the development menus. Maybe I need to do more? I just didn't know..

Yeah, you find the blueprint in a side op, but it's for an upgraded version, not the base gun. The blueprint is just one of the components, like Common Metal or GMP, for the Rank 3 Riot SMG. You can't develop the Rank 3 Riot SMG without first developing the Rank 2 Riot SMG, which does not need the blueprint. The Riot SMG should be the very bottom row of the SMG tab in development.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Somehow I missed it before, maybe I didn't scroll enough. I see it now. Thank you all, for the help...

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

the end of mission shots make me laugh

also dd's ears are there

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really, really wish that Traitor's Caravan gave you more to go on than the route the van goes on because I have no idea where to start. Where the hell is the caravan at the start, anyway?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

Somehow I missed it before, maybe I didn't scroll enough. I see it now. Thank you all, for the help...

Don't feel bad. The iDroid menus are a bizarre combination of a bunch of neat information and options, and tons of information and views that are useless and confusing.

edit: ^ as I was stuck on that mission for about 8 hours, I am almost 100% sure that the caravan only spawns as a triggered event to you entering a certain area of the rout. I have waited and waited on a stretch of road and *nothing* and I took 5 steps towards the start of the route and all the sudden engine sounds happened and the convoy came around a corner. I could see the road where they came from with my binoculars and would have seen them if they had spawned farther away and driven the whole way. This is a bit surprising because many of the open world elements in this game don't work that way, so maybe I am wrong, but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the rhyme or reason to where they are and I couldn't. For all intents and purposes, it behaves like a triggered event.

Snak fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 4, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I really, really wish that Traitor's Caravan gave you more to go on than the route the van goes on because I have no idea where to start. Where the hell is the caravan at the start, anyway?

there's an arrow at one end of the caravan path that shoes you which direction it travels in

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

there's an arrow at one end of the caravan path that shoes you which direction it travels in

poo poo, I'm dumb. Can't believe I never noticed that, thanks.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oooh, nice, if you mark 500 enemies, you get a key item that lets you tell the difference between real soldiers and decoys.

It is ridiculous that the enemy is using balloon soldiers as scarecrows, but I have to admit, it works. Before I knew they were fake I kept thinking "Turn around, turn around, turn around you dumbass!"

EDIT: Hahahaha, I tried using the Water Pistol on the Man on Fire. Miller called to tell me "that amount of water won't cut it, Boss!"

Speedball fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 4, 2015

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I dont know how but I just S-ranked Blood Runs Deep, despite being seen/shot at. STILL havent killed anyone. Those fuckin KIDS!!! better appreciate everything

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

Oooh, nice, if you mark 500 enemies, you get a key item that lets you tell the difference between real soldiers and decoys.

It is ridiculous that the enemy is using balloon soldiers as scarecrows, but I have to admit, it works. Before I knew they were fake I kept thinking "Turn around, turn around, turn around you dumbass!"

The first time I encountered a decoy I immediately popped it(!) in the head with my tranq gun and was very confused when it literally popped and was gone. That's when I remembered that decoys are a thing.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Regularly deploying your combat unit to get rid of enemies with helmets, shields and body armor is pretty important.

I notice that the "fulton balloon" icon on maps is red now, and soldiers are very good at popping fulton balloons if they see one. drat. Gonna have to be stealthy about fultoning from now on.

Haven't seen a lot of NVG soldiers lately, but I've been doing day missions more.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Speedball posted:

Regularly deploying your combat unit to get rid of enemies with helmets, shields and body armor is pretty important.

I notice that the "fulton balloon" icon on maps is red now, and soldiers are very good at popping fulton balloons if they see one. drat. Gonna have to be stealthy about fultoning from now on.

Haven't seen a lot of NVG soldiers lately, but I've been doing day missions more.

their range for shooting down Fultons is like 40-45m so anything beyond that is usually safe, as far as I've seen

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Well, they USED to be like, "Oh, poo poo, hang on, I'll try to shoot you down!" *whoooosh* "drat it!"

Now they're like "AAAAH! BALLOON DIEEEEE!" in less than a second. No hesitation.

Can I get goggles somehow? I need to unlock the ability to walk through smokescreen without it slowing me down.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

TheQat posted:

their range for shooting down Fultons is like 40-45m so anything beyond that is usually safe, as far as I've seen

I try to keep a minimum of at least 50m away from the nearest soldier to Fulton.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They can't see or hear you fulton from around 30 meters at night

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Speedball posted:

Well, they USED to be like, "Oh, poo poo, hang on, I'll try to shoot you down!" *whoooosh* "drat it!"

Now they're like "AAAAH! BALLOON DIEEEEE!" in less than a second. No hesitation.

The soldiers that survive this conflict are gonna have some major PTSD issues at kids' birthday parties

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The fulton Sound is about 35-40m

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

TheHoosier posted:

The soldiers that survive this conflict are gonna have some major PTSD issues at kids' birthday parties

"why is daddy afraid of being lifted up by balloons?"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Snak posted:

"why is daddy afraid of being lifted up by balloons?"

"I don't know what is wrong with Jack, I suggested a romantic hot air balloon ride for our anniversary and he just started crying"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

"I don't know what is wrong with Jack, I suggested a romantic hot air balloon ride for our anniversary and he just started crying"

If you told me this was a quote from MGS2 I would believe you.

edit: I can only imagine the resistance society would offer to a completely rational fear of cardboard boxes.

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

Speedball posted:

Don't you mean "SUKA!"

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

cool names for ur dick

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

cool names for ur dick

I called my D "raging mongoose" and now I have to sleep on the couch

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Quiet killed a dude with two ?? Bars while I was CQCing him :argh:

Broguts
Oct 16, 2014

Consummate Professional posted:

Quiet killed a dude with two ?? Bars while I was CQCing him :argh:

I guess Kaz was right after all.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I called my D "raging mongoose" and now I have to sleep on the couch

Is that what the D in D-Horse stands for? Dick Horse?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Really, my advice for starting with Quiet is to just have her scout and then move or have her shoot up a separate random base. She is a massive liability without a tranquilizer rifle

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DrGreatJob posted:

Is that what the D in D-Horse stands for? Dick Horse?

Diamond, just like for all the other buddies

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't have any of the emblem elements that I want yet, but I changed the default DD to a shield that just says "CAMP D" on it.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
I love Reflex Mode because it looks loving badass as poo poo and is super useful. I also hate it with a burning passion because it makes the game, which is already too easy for my taste due to Big Boss' ability to absorb bullets like a cyber demon from Doom, a friggin walk in the park. They need to nerf it and make it so that it only works on tagged enemies, or give you limited usage at least .

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Castor Poe posted:

I love Reflex Mode because it looks loving badass as poo poo and is super useful. I also hate it with a burning passion because it makes the game, which is already too easy for my taste due to Big Boss' ability to absorb bullets like a cyber demon from Doom, a friggin walk in the park. They need to nerf it and make it so that it only works on tagged enemies, or give you limited usage at least .

Why not turn it off?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Is anyone else having massive input lag when editing the words for an emblem? The game is fine otherwise, but this is just terrible trying to put anything other than symbols on the patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I just wanted to show off my emblem. I think it's fitting. :shobon:

• Locked thread