Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A bad lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

A bad lynch.

It is a bad lynch because....

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's like pulling teeth.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am very saddened by Rascyc's demise.

Who is amateur enough to try and set me up like that?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Wow i am so town and because of my townness am very upset by these recent incidents that have occoured, GOOD NIGHT SWEET PRINCE

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

JakeP posted:

Wow i am so town and because of my townness am very upset by these recent incidents that have occoured, GOOD NIGHT SWEET PRINCE

Oh good now we can work together to stop the bad guys

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I think you are town tho.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh good now we can work together to stop the bad guys

I think you are not.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I think you are town tho.

I think you are not.

Please elaborate Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Maybe later

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's stupid because maybe I agree with Met. Maybe I agree with Kashuno. Maybe I think they're both dumbasses, but we'll never know because they don't actually say why even when asked.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

This post doesn't ping anyone else as really weird? Especially the second sentence? It's such pointless non-content trying to pose as a question of some value when really Hal is continuing to just post more white noise. He rested his vote on a joke vote for as long as possible, then decided it was totally a good vote to stick with. He's not offered any content d1 and his content d2 is completely useless.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Asiina posted:

It's stupid because maybe I agree with Met. Maybe I agree with Kashuno. Maybe I think they're both dumbasses, but we'll never know because they don't actually say why even when asked.

Asiina, maybe you should elaborate on your own opinions at this point because I can't glean what your pov is with so many empty votes and minimal content. Can you explain your Met vote?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The Met vote is part joke vote and part vote to get him to explain himself. Although I'm not impressed by his response it's not a real vote so ##unvote

I don't know what my opinions are because nobody is saying anything about what they're doing. There's empty votes and a complete refusal to elaborate.

Is Met scum? Is Kashuno scum? Are they just lazy pieces of poo poo? Who knows!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Opopanax posted:

Rascyc, Town Aligned Doctor, Died N1

God drat. They came out swinging.

I don't want to use the word "slapfight" because I guess some people don't like that, but I'm having trouble parsing any intent so far. Most of the back-and-forth has been "VOTE X" "why vote x?" "x is a bad vote" "I don't see the case on x" Like, I can't see the seam where joke ends and serious begins.

I get Kash's beef with white noise, but I also feel like almost everything has been zero-content white noise so it's weird to pick Hal out for that. On the other hand,

Hal Incandenza posted:

This actually is a genuinely weird post though? Maybe I'm not reading straight, but I don't think Hal made a strong enough case on Rascyc for a dead Rascyc to be someone setting Hal up? Or am I missing some weird off-game poo poo? Weird post, but Kash's post in response, also weird. Ya'll are weird. Kash might just be bad at elaborating on the same thing I'm feeling, but my benefit of the doubt tends to run out pretty quickly. Met seems disconnected, but I can't tell if he's just like that, or if he hasn't fully waken up from joke phase yet. I don't smell it as scummy yet, but I'll listen to a case if it gets made. I don't buy it right now.

##vote Hal

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Or Rescyc making a strong enough case on Hal, either/or, for it to be a Hal set up. Whatever your bag, Hal's post doesn't make sense to me but it was clearly a deliberately made post because the wording is stiff as hell.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I can feel that as a wink wink gloat from Hal.

I could buy Hal as scum.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

This might also be read as trying to deflect/establish scum status on to some of the newer players, especially after the discussion yesterday on new vs old players would put it into his mind. "Ha ha trying to set me up, clearly the scum must be new to this what a bunch of amateurs." If it's just a call out on Kash or something it's a soft baby call out and I'm not a fan of it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I would vote hal but I am still in mourning

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Asiina posted:

I can feel that as a wink wink gloat from Hal.

I could buy Hal as scum.

I think Hal's post is awkward on its own merits, but doesn't seem likely as a scum wink-gloat post, so I guess its town by process of elimination to me. However, I think Kashuno's vote on Hal (prior to that post) based purely on NK wifom is garbage.

##vote Kashuno

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Lunatic Sledge posted:

This might also be read as trying to deflect/establish scum status on to some of the newer players, especially after the discussion yesterday on new vs old players would put it into his mind. "Ha ha trying to set me up, clearly the scum must be new to this what a bunch of amateurs." If it's just a call out on Kash or something it's a soft baby call out and I'm not a fan of it.

I don't think Hal is that clever.

Really though, he's not the kind of person who would make that kind of post as a way of hinting that he thinks someone new is scum. He'd just say it if that's what he meant.

If anything, I think it's a "heh what kind of scum team would kill someone they had a fight with wink wink nudge nudge" joke.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

To elaborate, I can see Kashuno seeing that Rascyc/Hal interaction and latching onto it as the easiest case he could make today, and then doubling down on Hal's post, which felt to me like he was pressing hard, but indirectly by just asking other people. Scummy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Or Rescyc making a strong enough case on Hal, either/or, for it to be a Hal set up. Whatever your bag, Hal's post doesn't make sense to me but it was clearly a deliberately made post because the wording is stiff as hell.

Did you not see the part where Kash votes me based on nothing but a joke interaction I had with Rascyc implying I killed Rascyc because of his joke suspicion on me?

I will try and take my mafia more seriously to make sure I am more attuned to your style.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I don't think Hal is that clever.

Did you get the "be a jerk to Hal" PR this game?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean if you guys want to keep losing town power roles keep it up!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's my PR every game.

But really, it sounds like a joke you'd make.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Slamburger posted:

To elaborate, I can see Kashuno seeing that Rascyc/Hal interaction and latching onto it as the easiest case he could make today, and then doubling down on Hal's post, which felt to me like he was pressing hard, but indirectly by just asking other people. Scummy.

If this case on Hal is the easiest case to make of the day, town is hosed because there's very little chance based on that alone Hal will get lynched. It's something, and it has generated more content already than we had d1, so I'm happy with the results of voting him. Also I didn't realize Rascyc's suspicion was a joke, if it was.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

If this case on Hal is the easiest case to make of the day, town is hosed because there's very little chance based on that alone Hal will get lynched. It's something, and it has generated more content already than we had d1, so I'm happy with the results of voting him. Also I didn't realize Rascyc's suspicion was a joke, if it was.

Did you miss the part where Rascyc started his "suspicion" on me before I had even posted? You wouldn't have missed it if you were paying attention.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Grandicap

Why'd you kill my friend Rascyc Grandi?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

That's my PR every game.

But really, it sounds like a joke you'd make.

:smithcloud:

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Slamburger and Asiina make good points about Hal and Kash. I'm taking a look at some poo poo better now.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will try and take my mafia more seriously to make sure I am more attuned to your style.

I don't know what the hell this is though, geez man

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Slamburger and Asiina make good points about Hal and Kash. I'm taking a look at some poo poo better now.

I don't know what the hell this is though, geez man

Just so there is no misunderstanding here Sledge I think you're pretty cool, I'm just having some fun with you

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

:nsacloud:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Asiina posted:

Disappeared for a Bacon Festival.

It wasn't that great. :(

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Met posted:

Disappeared for a Bacon Festival.

It wasn't that great. :(

I disappeared to brew beer today. I'll try to spend some time researching some cases being made.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Did you miss the part where Rascyc started his "suspicion" on me before I had even posted? You wouldn't have missed it if you were paying attention.

If this checks out, it would be pretty damning.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It checks out it was near the end of d1. Not really that damning

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

It checks out it was near the end of d1. Not really that damning

Read back further

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yes it started beginning of d1, that post was towards the end of d1. Your reaction to this is pretty consistent and it's generating a good amount of content so I'm happy for now. ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

I disappeared to brew beer today. I'll try to spend some time researching some cases being made.

If this checks out, it would be pretty damning.

Turns out: I'm illiterate. Forgot that Rascyc was the mafia kill last night. OTOH: Rascyc did vote Hal when Hal's only post in the thread was registering.

• Locked thread