Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

minoru suzuki posted:

why do people on this forum have contempt for the usos when they're one of the few non suck tag teams on the main roster

They do nothing but lovely superkicks and dives that they barely clear the ropes for and were put over much better tag teams to the extent the entire division was killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

name a single tag team better than the Usos that they beat because I can't think of one

minoru suzuki posted:

why do people on this forum have contempt for the usos when they're one of the few non suck tag teams on the main roster

Some people hate good wrestling matches

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Even if people think the Usos are lovely versions of the Young Bucks they still made people put on much more exciting matches than just coasting through the motions like a lot of other teams.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The Uso's are generally part of the best matches of the night on ppv's. They have lovely characters sure, but they are good wrestlers.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
They and the Wyatts had the only good match at Battleground last year.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Baron La Croix posted:

They and the Wyatts had the only good match at Battleground last year.

The reason I don't like The Usos is that they never dropped the titles to The Wyatts during that feud. The Wyatts were still pretty loving over then, but after that feud ended, nope. It's literally the tag version of Cena Syndrome where he has great matches with dudes but in the end they're ruined by the feud.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

The Wyatts never winning the belts killed that feud, it didn't work with the heel team chasing the babyface champions

e: me and you, Foochs

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
That's not their fault though. It's wwe's lovely booking.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
The Usos are fun wrestlers who had consistently good-to-great PPV matches, but they have no character and their feuds were boring because they consisted entirely of wrestling the same match against the same team at least once a week over and over for months at a time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

That's not their fault though. It's wwe's lovely booking.

So is Cena. People still dread Cena feuds for that reason.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So is Cena. People still dread Cena feuds for that reason.

Uso's really don't have characters though. They come out win and go away. They don't have 30 minute promos where they tell you how they are the best in wwe, and we respect all fans and buy our new jizz towel. Cena is a guy where they usually spend raw telling us that Cena is the face of the company. Uso's are just guys.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I also can't stand hearing the same three lines from commentary repeated endlessly during every Usos match.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Delsaber posted:

I also can't stand hearing the same three lines from commentary repeated endlessly during every Usos match.

What, you don't like JBL shouting "WE GOT US A FLYING _______" whenever someone does a dive?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Usos are bad and I will leap over the top rope and graze it with my gut on anyone who argues otherwise

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

oatgan posted:

name a single tag team better than the Usos that they beat because I can't think of one

new age outlaws

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm glad the Usos beat the Wyatt's and it was monumentally stupid to put the belts on gold and stardust. They should have carried the belts even longer

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
The Usos put the same match on every single time they're on TV. It's pretty much the same exact moves in the same exact order with the same exact outcome. The only match of theirs that I didn't zone out on was the 2/3 falls match against the Wyatts because that was built differently and was actually good.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

AlmightyPants posted:

The Usos put the same match on every single time they're on TV. It's pretty much the same exact moves in the same exact order with the same exact outcome. The only match of theirs that I didn't zone out on was the 2/3 falls match against the Wyatts because that was built differently and was actually good.

I was in the arena for that and every time they went for the double frog splashes the entire arena was like "OH GOD NO BOOOOOO"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oh I'm doing commentary on tonight's smackdown? Better paint my loving face up for it. I wonder if he holds the pencil in his hand and does the haka when the announcers are introduced before the show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Every wrestler is WWE has the same match every time. That's part of the WWE style.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Every wrestler is WWE has the same match every time. That's part of the WWE style.

They usually mix it up a little bit. The only exception I've seen were Jericho/Neville and Jericho/Balor from Japan, where Jericho actually did the exact same thing in the exact same order for both, plugging in the gaps with his opponents offense. But those were house show matches and one wasn't even televised.

Every Usos match feels like almost every other Usos match. It doesn't help that they're a tag team of identical twins that do the exact same moves as each other and are completely interchangeable. I hope the injured one comes back fat and does something different because at least it would be something to tell them apart other than which one paints which side of his face. And hell, now they have competition in New Day and the Dudleys, teams with actual distinct characters and personalities and moves.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

AlmightyPants posted:

They usually mix it up a little bit. The only exception I've seen were Jericho/Neville and Jericho/Balor from Japan, where Jericho actually did the exact same thing in the exact same order for both, plugging in the gaps with his opponents offense. But those were house show matches and one wasn't even televised.

Every Usos match feels like almost every other Usos match. It doesn't help that they're a tag team of identical twins that do the exact same moves as each other and are completely interchangeable. I hope the injured one comes back fat and does something different because at least it would be something to tell them apart other than which one paints which side of his face. And hell, now they have competition in New Day and the Dudleys, teams with actual distinct characters and personalities and moves.

Hey it worked for Matt Hardy.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I couldn't stand the Usos before but for some weird reason I kind of miss them.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Yeah no this is reductive bullshit. Are they often formulaic? Yes. But even within WWE The Usos stand out in that regard.

Also tons of guys in every promotion around the world have the same match every time (on their end), the difference comes in who their opponent is and how they play off of them. That's kind of why wrestlers are known as having styles no matter who you talk about.

Also yes, the fact that The Usos are literally identical in every way makes it much worse.

To clarify before people get on me, yes WWE is more formulaic, but to act like guys don't have a limited repertoire of matches is kind of bullshit. I notice it in ROH, I noticed it when TNA was more worth watching, pretty much the only place I don't think I notice it is PWG and that might just be because I don't watch enough PWG to notice.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 7, 2015

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Usos make fine mid card level tag teamers, but I've never had a single moments realisation where I discovered why I should care if they win or lose.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

posting to say that i'm simply not entertained by the usos' act

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the usos are really good and I like them

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

To clarify before people get on me, yes WWE is more formulaic, but to act like guys don't have a limited repertoire of matches is kind of bullshit. I notice it in ROH, I noticed it when TNA was more worth watching, pretty much the only place I don't think I notice it is PWG and that might just be because I don't watch enough PWG to notice.

PWG doesn't have agents. They trust the guys to come up with a good match themselves.

It's like how every TNA match in 2005-2007 was fast-paced, even when you had guys like Nash and the Dudleyz in there - Jerry Lynn was putting together most of those matches.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Usos were really exceptional during their feud with the Shield. They also stole the show every PPV they got and since I stopped watching Raw it was a lot more tolerable.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The Usos are good. If you disagree, you are bad.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The Usos are good wrestlers and it's not their fault that Vince doesn't give a poo poo about the tag division so they won all the time because they're the one tag team that it's basically impossible for WWE to break up because they are actually identical. But the Wyatts totally should have won the tag titles in that 2/3 falls match (at Battleground, I think it was?) and then the Dusts would have never had to awkwardly turn because the Usos had already beaten all the other heel teams.

And the Bucks in WWE would be the worst because they would be forced to do maybe one of their big spots per match instead of the breakneck ridiculous pace people love them for.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

epitasis posted:

the usos are really good and I like them

I like them too but they are literally tag Cenas in that they do really good work but also exemplify a lot of the things wrong with WWE booking/agents.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't disagree but at least they do not also have terrible pandering hypocritical shite comedy characters so really they're a model for a better babyface cena

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

epitasis posted:

I don't disagree but at least they do not also have terrible pandering hypocritical shite comedy characters so really they're a model for a better babyface cena

Agree

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Plus having watched him on Xaiver's channel, Jimmy seems like a fun guy to hang out with

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i mean if medium samoans barely clearing the rope on outside dives is your thing, go hog wild!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the wwe does lots of dive spots because they don't know another way to go to commercial break and if you dont like all the superkicks that isn't really their fault because wwe asked them to do a whole bunch to stick it to the young bucks

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the barely clearing the ropes thing is a funny criticism I can't really see how that would affect my enjoyment of a match but apparently it's a whole thing

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

the wwe does lots of dive spots because they don't know another way to go to commercial break

TNA started this trend years ago. I remember LAX matches would always have Homicide dive through the second rope and then they'd go to commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The Usos are average at best workers with little charisma, I have zero interest in them

Working the same match every time 'WWE Style' only really works if you're good, like John Cena, not bad, like the Usos

• Locked thread