Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I think cpig lie is cpig is scum.

##vote cpig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Sorry for not being around day 1 guys - my time should be more free this week. I'm OK with the C-Pig lynch but I'm still not happy with E+ ... after my calling him out day 1 he said;

Epsilon Plus posted:

Town converts him, potential watcher/tracker information, someone's flip indicates they convert people - it's like you didn't even try to think about what I said? It was ignored because I come up with idiot thought-experiments in every single game. I don't even know why I verbalize them anymore, Somber is the only one who ever seems to appreciate them.

Anyways, this was a huge stretch. Kinda feels like you want to redirect the flow of conversation? I've got my eye on you. And my vote. ##vote Kleedrac, could be Kleedrac/Quidnose on the scum team. More likely Kleedrac than Quidnose probably. There's no way in hell I'm voting CPig. I'll switch to Quid if necessary.
This is still rambling nonsense. Unless someone converts him, says so in thread, then dies and has a flip that says "can convert imgay to x" it's fuckin useless. And scum is highly unlikely to point out conversions in thread.
Fast forward to Day 2 and we get;

Epsilon Plus posted:

They are a huge pain in the rear end.

It could go either way but imgay is explicitly stating that he believes there's one particular dude who does each bit of his role/alignment. I'm just gonna assume that until proven otherwise.

Also Quidnose I am sorry I got so frustrated with you. Consider that I may not be scum for today? Often times I get lovely with people who constantly misread what I say because it's really frustrating to be on the same side as someone (possibly at least). Please accept my apology if I offended you in any way.
Where he distances himself from his views on day 1 as much as he can. Even going so far as to apologize to Quid. Then;

Epsilon Plus posted:

I think I may want to vote cpig today but I want to mull it over a bit. It seems like a good plan but there are some holes I haven't resolved.

Also, sorry I got a bit aggro yesterday, but I am 101% Team Town and you should look elsewhere for evil men, friendos.
Where he apologizes to everyone and assures us he's town?! This is scum who realizes the jig is up - and I think it's a drat sight better lynch than C-Pig or Imgay.
##Vote Epsilon Plus

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

ljtrigirl posted:

Whelp, I totally didn't realize that lynch was yesterday, and I kinda thought that Taste was good, so I'm like 0/2 so far.

Taste's entire. post. history.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Hey

What alignment am I?

Step right up

Tremendous Taste posted:

I don't read quid favorably here.

##vote quidnose

The end.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Taste is pretty good at being affable and likable IMO so nobody blames you.

I would like to know:

1. Why LTJgirl thought taste was town
2. Why E+ is not reading the thread and buddying up to LTJgirl

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also Quidnose I am sorry I got so frustrated with you. Consider that I may not be scum for today? Often times I get lovely with people who constantly misread what I say because it's really frustrating to be on the same side as someone (possibly at least). Please accept my apology if I offended you in any way.

I don't even remember you doing anything that made me upset, I just remember you doing a bunch of stuff I thought was disingenuous and made you look scummy and then bein' upset about it. I get you were frustrated that I was potentially misreading you, but I already think you kinda did the same thing today sooo if I think you're still scum because of your play I'm sorry if you're not but sorry not sorry if you are :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amnistar posted:

Will move my vote if someone has a case that makes sense, but right now I don't see anything that is more appealing to me than lynching the guy that doesn't have an alignment, and whose alignment is legitimately determined by someone who has no incentive to place him with town (3p).

What do you think of the case against E+ I laid out yesterday?

Do you have thoughts on the Cpig debacle?

Do you think I am scum?

These are three major talking points from a day that ended in a no cuddle and it's kinda odd you're dismissing them as "nothing really going on." We didn't end on a no cuddle yesterday for lack of content, we ended there for lack of effort on people's parts.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Quidnose posted:

I can theorize on 1: ltjgirl misremembered reading Taste's posts, got a null tell from her (?) memories (possibly combined with a meta) and went with it.

2 I can answer a bit more forcefully: I am reading the thread, and I'm being friendly with a newbie. I am in this to win just as much as you are, but that doesn't mean I can't also have a friendly time of fun and japes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Although an alternative answer to 1 is that she is scum and Taste coached her on potential responses to this kind of thing. Taste is good at advice for newbies.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

I can theorize on 1: ltjgirl misremembered reading Taste's posts, got a null tell from her (?) memories (possibly combined with a meta) and went with it.

2 I can answer a bit more forcefully: I am reading the thread, and I'm being friendly with a newbie. I am in this to win just as much as you are, but that doesn't mean I can't also have a friendly time of fun and japes.

I'm just confused as to why you saw a newer person making a bold claim like that, especially after people saying "what, taste was in this game?" and instead of having a reaction of "why is this person thinking taste was town" as I did, you immediately jumped to "it's OK taste is a lot of fun in games so nobody will blame you for thinking he was town." It's a really, really weird connection wtihout him, you know, having done that in this game.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Kleedrac, if I am scum, who is scum with me?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone else play world of warcraft?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wrong thread sorry

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quidnose posted:

This feels like a solid catch

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Epsilon Plus posted:

Kleedrac, if I am scum, who is scum with me?

So instead of denying it or explaining anything you've opted to go with the defense that unless I divine your entire team I can't accuse you of being suspicious as hell?! Have you ever played this game before? You're seriously not making any sense.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kleedrac posted:

So instead of denying it or explaining anything you've opted to go with the defense that unless I divine your entire team I can't accuse you of being suspicious as hell?! Have you ever played this game before? You're seriously not making any sense.

You know they've played befor.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
My biggest problem with the "Cpig is exactly what he said he is" theory is that I can't imagine him openly declaring lynchbomb. Jester, yes. I could see jester cpig announce he was a jester, just to make the win that much sweeter. But I don't think he would have overreached and called lynchbomb.

##vote CPig

I don't know what you are, but I don't think you'll flip as either town or vanilla unaligned.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Opopanax posted:

This feels like a solid catch

It could be, but it doesn't feel 100% to me.

Kleedrac posted:

Or maybe I'm just trying to stimulate some discussion? I appear to be the focus of the day, so we may as well have a discussion about it. You can call me suspicious all you want - I know my own alignment. You're really aggro over this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

It could be, but it doesn't feel 100% to me.

Or maybe I'm just trying to stimulate some discussion? I appear to be the focus of the day, so we may as well have a discussion about it. You can call me suspicious all you want - I know my own alignment. You're really aggro over this.

You just have no intention of sounding town, do you?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Magnus Gallant posted:

You know they've played befor.

Yes, it was a sarcastic dig at E+ for playing so scummy.

Opopanax posted:

You just have no intention of sounding town, do you?

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Endeavoring to sound town would probably make me sound more scummy.

Let me try something else: Kleedrac thinks I'm scum for not denying the fact that I am scum. Claiming town us the nullest thing possible; everyone here is going to claim town or beneficial 3P. So... not much to do there. I can claim I am town (did that earlier) or not give a poo poo. He also seems to think I'm scum for not explaining myself. So, Kleedrac, what can I explain for you?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Quidnose posted:

Taste's entire. post. history.

The end.

I would like to know:

Yeah, totally mixed up MC and Taste and thought that Taste was MC.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
Also, I don't see how town could recruit as well without it being super broken or really even how groups can recruit from each other. Because then you'll know everyone that in that group that you just left.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ljtrigirl posted:

Also, I don't see how town could recruit as well without it being super broken or really even how groups can recruit from each other. Because then you'll know everyone that in that group that you just left.

You're correct, assuming Met doesn't have something fucky planned. I mean, Taste did die - it could be a SK, or a nightvig, or someone tried to recruit him and instead of the action failing it murders the person instead?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ljtrigirl posted:

Yeah, totally mixed up MC and Taste and thought that Taste was MC.

So wait. You thought the self proclaimed unaligned player was good instead of Taste?

Right now I'm feeling like Quid caught us a scum.

##vote ljtrigirl

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

So wait. You thought the self proclaimed unaligned player was good instead of Taste?

##vote ljtrigirl

I don't think MC claimed self aligned until today, did he?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm bummed out that you guys wouldn't do Cpig with me yesterday. But having slept on it, I'm starting to firmly believe he isn't actually scum.

I still think he's likely not town though, so it probably would have been a good cuddle. I'll hop back on it if that is how we want to go today, but I think I'll be pursuing others.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

I don't think MC claimed self aligned until today, did he?

Naw.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Nah they should target me because I'm also unaligned and I not only shitpost but sometimes I get upset and swear a lot

I don't care if I'm scum or town tbh

This isn't his only post about it. From 3 days ago RL.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't remember him claiming that, but I do remembering MC ED having contributed yesterday, AND his name was mentioned with the flips, so from those two aspects it is easy to see LTJGirl as telling the truth. She may very well be covering her rear end now, but it's a narrative that I can understand.

E+, with none of that information about her mixing up MCED and Taste, should not have given her a "it's ok people get confused because Taste plays nicely" pat on the head when taste hadn't played period. That is far more scummy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

I don't remember him claiming that, but I do remembering MC ED having contributed yesterday, AND his name was mentioned with the flips, so from those two aspects it is easy to see LTJGirl as telling the truth. She may very well be covering her rear end now, but it's a narrative that I can understand.

E+, with none of that information about her mixing up MCED and Taste, should not have given her a "it's ok people get confused because Taste plays nicely" pat on the head when taste hadn't played period. That is far more scummy.

Yeah he contributed. I still think calling someone unaligned "good" is weird. But I'll concede the point.

E+ was similarly bizarre in his response. I'd vote there too.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Can you explain why I would do that if I knew Taste was scum... after everyone else learned he was scum? Why would I out myself like that? What would my thought process be?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm a little upset I didn't get lynched yesterday.

Now I'm unaligned and can't win unless someone converts me to an alignment.

I don't believe you still.

I'm also not sure why you didn't include "plus quidnose is around still" when you were so happy yesterday to be blowing me up as the hammer. Why isn't this also part of your disappointment?

Everything about your play right now stinks of liesss

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Can you explain why I would do that if I knew Taste was scum... after everyone else learned he was scum? Why would I out myself like that? What would my thought process be?

No, but I have no burden to do that. Onus is kind of on you to explain why you did what you did and why it wasn't scumming rather than passing the buck on to us.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

##vote ljtrigirl

a) He didn't claim until today.
b) I came in, was like "that's the guy I thought was good. drat." and then realized I was wrong when I saw MC post because of his avatar.
c) There are like 15 people in this game that I've vaguely seen post in the discussion thread and haven't played with. Sue me for mixing them up.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

I'm bummed out that you guys wouldn't do Cpig with me yesterday. But having slept on it, I'm starting to firmly believe he isn't actually scum.

I still think he's likely not town though, so it probably would have been a good cuddle. I'll hop back on it if that is how we want to go today, but I think I'll be pursuing others.

What changed your mind on him?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Trying to buddy up? Couldn't think of better fake content to post at that moment and thought it would be harmless? Wanted to partially excuse yourself if you'd ever brought up Taste this game? (You probably didn't, since he was a non-entity, just listing off reasons).

I'm not in your head, can't say for certain.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah he contributed. I still think calling someone unaligned "good" is weird. But I'll concede the point.

E+ was similarly bizarre in his response. I'd vote there too.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

I don't get what you think my agenda would be here.

Like, if I was evil with Taste, I sure as hell would have know that he'd flipped after not saying anything.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Epsilon Plus posted:

Dude.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ljtrigirl posted:

a) He didn't claim until today.
b) I came in, was like "that's the guy I thought was good. drat." and then realized I was wrong when I saw MC post because of his avatar.
c) There are like 15 people in this game that I've vaguely seen post in the discussion thread and haven't played with. Sue me for mixing them up.

Yes he did. I quoted his post from D1. He in fact, had several other posts about it as well, although they weren't all as straight forward as the one I quoted. Let me know if you need me to dig them all up for you.

And if your general argument for the rest is that you aren't paying attention. That doesn't help your case, since I realize it is harder to pay attention and care about your opinions when you are scum.

:shrug:

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

Yes he did. I quoted his post from D1. He in fact, had several other posts about it as well, although they weren't all as straight forward as the one I quoted. Let me know if you need me to dig them all up for you.

And if your general argument for the rest is that you aren't paying attention. That doesn't help your case, since I realize it is harder to pay attention and care about your opinions when you are scum.

:shrug:

Meh. Actually, it's kind of the other way around for me.

I don't really like early game in most mafia games, so it takes me a while to engage, especially when it felt like yesterday was a bunch of conversation with little said.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Where did he say that yesterday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ljtrigirl posted:

What changed your mind on him?

After I had some time to think about it away from the thread, I realized it was pretty likely Met would give him a role like that to be funny after a different recent game. That doesn't make him town though, and I still think cuddling him was the right move. But it didn't get traction. Not enough would vote with me and I think he's likely 3p or unaligned and not actually scum, so there are better fish to fry.

I'll still hop on when the time comes if that is where the consensus is, though.

• Locked thread