Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

He also said it's coming out before Christmas so my moneys on November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

Why is the Screw halfway in the wall and semitransparent?

There's a new optional HUD for streamers to display their items to the side.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

LionYeti posted:

He also said it's coming out before Christmas so my moneys on November.

December 24th. You heard it here first.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Nah he's gonna release it on the same day as fallout 4 just to make my life hard and make me have to choose between them

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

Volt Catfish posted:

So what's the status on the handheld ports? Are either of em worth owning yet, or ever will be?

I've been playing the New 3DS version, which had a game-crashing bug in it up until this week where it would randomly just freeze and hard-lock the game. They finally patched it out this past week. Unfortunately something else is bugged in the game where the Epilogue never unlocks, which apparently makes it impossible to unlock The Lost on the 3DS version.

Other than that I'm okay with it now that the freezing poo poo's gone. I've put something like 60 hours into it so far and been having a lot of fun with it . I've actually never played Isaac before this so I don't really have a gauge against the other versions. I've heard some complaints about framerate slowdown but I haven't experienced much except for when Mom dies. All things said I'm really hoping they patch the issues with The Lost--it's not that big of a deal to me, but as it stands now I wouldn't recommend the 3ds version to anyone else knowing they've still got poo poo to fix.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Why is the Screw halfway in the wall and semitransparent?

That's in Isaac's inventory and is being displayed on your HUD.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I have Real Platinum God, but some of the highlights to show that I've completed Sheol, the Dark Room, and/or Boss Rush have disappeared from random characters' post-it notes.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

LionYeti posted:

Nah he's gonna release it on the same day as fallout 4 just to make my life hard and make me have to choose between them

That's not even a question, Fallout doesn't have poops so it is obviously the vastly and objectively inferior game.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS

AnonSpore posted:

That's not even a question, Fallout doesn't have poops so it is obviously the vastly and objectively inferior game.

I dunno, you can literally drink irradiated toilet water, kinda on the same level.

Also, I barely am able to make it out of the basement, forget the cellar, with the Lost. What a lovely character for a game like this

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Cheese it, cheat it, or wait until afterbirth.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Dodecalypse posted:

I dunno, you can literally drink irradiated toilet water, kinda on the same level.

Also, I barely am able to make it out of the basement, forget the cellar, with the Lost. What a lovely character for a game like this

Options are:

1. Get gud
2. Reset until you get a powerful combo and then save scum
3. Hacks

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
4. don't play as the lost just download a save file instead

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Dodecalypse posted:

The Lost is basically the longest, most difficult advanced dodging tutorial of all time.

Unrelated, but I still find this hilarious. Probably been posted before.

Good ol Marilyn Monstro.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

IronicDongz posted:

4. don't play as the lost just download a save file instead

I cheated the lost. I wish I had done this instead.

I think for Afterbirth I'll play a bit, then just download a save file and gently caress unlocks. I've got like 100+ hours in the game right now and have never seen a Godhead yet, which is dumb.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dodecalypse posted:

I just realized that Edmund hasn't made an item that lets you eat poops for a chance at health regain and maybe poison tears for the room (ie until you "digest").

I am surprised, and thankful.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

AnonSpore posted:

I just realized that Edmund hasn't made an item that lets you eat poops for a chance at health regain and maybe poison tears for the room (ie until you "digest").

I am surprised, and thankful.

That's the special ability of the Cricket transformation.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
5. Doesn't the "quit really quick while your ghost is still onscreen" technique still work? Use that, since it only resets Lost games to the floor you were on. Takes a while but it's do-able.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I just finished the Lost runs, took about 400 tries, I think. Ugh. Now I just need to run as Eden and Isaac a million time to get the last few items to actually drop. For some reason, I've yet to encounter the 1-UP.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Cobalt60 posted:

5. Doesn't the "quit really quick while your ghost is still onscreen" technique still work? Use that, since it only resets Lost games to the floor you were on. Takes a while but it's do-able.

That's save-scumming. Clear a room, quit and continue the game, repeat. If you get hit, Alt+F4 before the death screen appears, and you don't lose any progress. Note that picking up a major item also saves your game.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Mr Phillby posted:

The negative really bothers me because polaroids don't have negatives that's the whole point of polaroid cameras in the first place jesus.

Whenever you take a polaroid a negative-polaroid is created in the negaverse.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

A good run.

QJA8 GACF with eve, normal mode, curse rooms and all that. You cant really see it, but I also have guppy.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

So I tried out god mode a wee bit and made it to The Furnace (the Dark Room) on my second run. That new final boss is hard. Anybody who has played this mod know how to approach it? I had Mom's Knife, Brimstone, 12 hearts and several damage ups, but even outright meleeing them wasn't enough to win that damage race.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

So I tried out god mode a wee bit and made it to The Furnace (the Dark Room) on my second run. That new final boss is hard. Anybody who has played this mod know how to approach it? I had Mom's Knife, Brimstone, 12 hearts and several damage ups, but even outright meleeing them wasn't enough to win that damage race.

God Mode is definitely different - I don't think it's possible for somebody to get to the point where they're one shotting minor bosses. It's far more about attrition and lengthy boss battles than base Isaac is.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/video-game-cheats-n-beatums-33-my-two-favorite-rougelikes

This is pretty amazing to me.

krylon666
Nov 7, 2011
Can I exit the game while trying to unlock The Lost? I did Isacc, Maggy, and Judas in a row. Before I do Azazel, can I close out of the game and come back, or do I need to keep it running?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

krylon666 posted:

Can I exit the game while trying to unlock The Lost? I did Isacc, Maggy, and Judas in a row. Before I do Azazel, can I close out of the game and come back, or do I need to keep it running?

You have to keep the game open. All four steps need to be done in the same session.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

A good run.

QJA8 GACF with eve, normal mode, curse rooms and all that. You cant really see it, but I also have guppy.

Great seed!

So this run I'm doing now is being incredibly generous with special items! So far I've gotten Brimstone, 'lil Brimstone, Mom's Knife AND Proptosis! Other goodies include Magic Mush, Goat Head and Daddy Longlegs with BFF! Oh, and the mulligan, which is pretty much functioning as guppy mode since it's producing so many flies.

Edit: Oh, and now I got Infestation 2. drat!

Seed is Q0ZA SKJ6, playing as Azazel, no Lost items unlocked.

Best friends :3:

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 4, 2015

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

This is incredible.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Got my first Mega Satan kill with Azazel. Woo. now... a long way to go still before Platinum God. i do not look forward to the Lost.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

What games is it referencing?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Toe-Jam and Earl.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU-oejwVNAM

RELEASE DATE: 30th OCTOBER

http://bindingofisaac.com/ posted:

Here we go! sadly though due to the chaos of pax and other issues on the steam side we arent able to take preorders just yet, but it will happen pretty soon and those who preorder will get a considerable price reduction ;)
so here is the nitty gritty!
Afterbirth is a mega DLC for the binding of isaac: rebirth, that adds another 100+ hours to the game alongside an amazing number of extra features.
- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
- Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
- a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
- 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
- a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
- a greatly expanded soundtrack!
- new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!
- a greatly expanded and updated hud system
- tons of new secret transformations
- 8 new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- updated item combo system
- far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies
-and probably at least 5 other features i cant remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little monster.
trust me when i say, this dlc makes rebirth feel like a completely new game… its rare that i design a game that i really look forward to play testing daily. you guys will really love it!
for those that missed the trailer, Afterbirth comes out on steam oct. 30th (Devils Night). it will retail for 9.99 but preordering will take a considerable chunk off.
we dont have a set release date for consoles, but tyrone demoed afterbirth at pax on a ps4.. so it cant be too far off!
hopefully next week will be a preorder update! what would you guys like to see/hear more about next week?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Oh my

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Samopsa posted:

- new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!

...oh, wait, wrong trap.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Sounds pretty good, can't wait.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I just hope the preorder price is $6 or less so I can use money that's already on my account

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Looks like I'll be playing it for exactly 12 days, then probably not for at least 6 months as Fallout 4 comes out November 10th.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Yessss. Though I still want a pill beggar.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

graynull posted:

Looks like I'll be playing it for exactly 12 days, then probably not for at least 6 months as Fallout 4 comes out November 10th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

BreakAtmo posted:

Yessss. Though I still want a pill beggar.

A junkie.