Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Atomicated posted:

The real version of jumping' jack flash feels like it drags so much after playing it repeatedly in eba.

I wanted another one of those sooooo bad. I must've played the original for dozens of hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

My favourite song from OK Computer is probably Exit Music (For a Film) but it's all good.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

no endless setlist preorder cancelled

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

congrats on passing cert rock band 4

(That's usually what it means when the achievement list pops up)

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

The clothing shop / money system is back!

That's good!

Now about... all the other... things...

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Sorry to interrupt the RB4 talk. Just wanted to point out that the initial release of StageKit Lightworks is out.
That took a lot more effort to clean up and bring to shape than I initially thought. I hope it's useful to whoever is still clinging to their Stage Kit.

That is all. Resume RB4 excitement.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

That's an easy 1000 points / platinum (do they still do those?) trophy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

pksage posted:

C3 custom song releases for September 4, 2015:

New! Radiohead - OK Computer (BearzUnlimited)
  • "Airbag"
  • "Subterranean Homesick Alien"
  • "Exit Music (For a Film)" (+sageamagoo)
  • "Let Down" (+sageamagoo)
  • "Karma Police" (+sageamagoo)
  • "Fitter Happier"
  • "Electioneering"
  • "Climbing Up the Walls"
  • "No Surprises"
  • "Lucky"
  • "The Tourist"
Track 2, "Paranoid Android", is already available in the C3 database.

New! The Rolling Stones C01 6-pack (Kemiroch, CrazyCanuck, and farottone)
  • The Rolling Stones - "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
  • The Rolling Stones - "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
  • The Rolling Stones - "Let's Spend the Night Together"
  • The Rolling Stones - "Ruby Tuesday"
  • The Rolling Stones - "Time is On My Side"
  • The Rolling Stones - "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (+DeathThreatUK)

Awesome week.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Asnorban posted:

That's an easy 1000 points / platinum (do they still do those?) trophy.

The hardest one is probably 'get 5 stars on expert on all songs' but you can probably do it on any instrument like in RB3. And that one isn't even the highest point value achievement.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

No Dave Grohl-related achievement, though.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
As a longtime Rock Band fan, playing RB3 with customs with three other friends reminded me of the incredible longevity of the game.

I have every hope for RB4. I'm also less worried that it will succeed.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
madcatz.com has the bundle for $187 with a promo code today, but probably no release day shipping

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Now about... all the other... things...
I too am disappointed they took out the "own hundreds of songs", "pass all these insipid drum beats" and "connect with social media" achievements.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
GH Live

New Songs:

1. Pearl Jam -- "Sirens"
2. Surfer Blood -- "Demon Dance"
3. Gerard Way -- "No Shows"
4. Orianthi -- "According to You"
5. Haim -- "The Wire"
6. Tonight Alive -- "The Ocean"
7. Lamb of God -- "Ghost Walking"
8. 36 Crazyfists -- "Also Am I"
9. Wavves -- "Demon to Lean On"
10. Passenger -- "Let Her Go"

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Demon to Lean On is a good song.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
This once again makes me feel old and/or musically ignorant. I know most of those bands, but none of the songs by name except According to You, because of Rock Band.

Anyone submitted a Rock Band Road Crew video yet?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Which songs are in the campaign and which are "Live" songs?

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

pksage posted:

This once again makes me feel old and/or musically ignorant. I know most of those bands, but none of the songs by name except According to You, because of Rock Band.

Anyone submitted a Rock Band Road Crew video yet?

I would, but something tells me that most of this thread and I aren't The Right Kind of Fan they're looking to get.

Impressive solo, though.

Skychrono posted:

That's exactly the question they're working very hard not to answer clearly.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Skychrono posted:

They'll never tell. Since the music library at launch is literally 'hundreds of songs', the preview videos don't really help in determining that either. But it's probably going to be 10% GH Live, 90% GH TV with all the ground & pound songs being on GH Live, and actual fun songs in GH TV.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
You can tell because the "Live" ones will have band footage, while the "TV" ones will be music videos.

Of course, when they just dump song names without showing any actual footage, then, well...

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

:\ I was afraid that was the answer, thanks.

I like the tracklist on the site and here, but... as for how much I can actually play on disc, who knows.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Yoooooooooo :krad:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/09/09/harmonix-nets-15-million-investment-in-advance-of-rock-band-4-release.aspx (linked to me by farottone, thanks man)

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Hooray, another 6 months of operating costs so we'll still get Amplitude and some RB DLC!

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
The Apple event going on now just revealed "Beat Sports" by Harmonix for the new Apple TV. Looks like a cross between Wii Sports and Amplitude

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Binowru posted:

The Apple event going on now just revealed "Beat Sports" by Harmonix for the new Apple TV. Looks like a cross between Wii Sports and Amplitude

…that you play by swinging your phone around. :what:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Their going to need that money when RB4 is a sales flop. Not one of my friends who likes Rock Band wants to touch it with the lack of compatibility with some instruments. :(

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

Their going to need that money when RB4 is a sales flop. Not one of my friends who likes Rock Band wants to touch it with the lack of compatibility with some instruments. :(

I haven't wanted to speak up here, as the discussion has been positive, but there's just no reason for me to get RB4.

Don't own or want an Xbox One.
Don't own a PS4, not enough games to justify it when..
Went with PC this generation
The instrument I play is an Alesis DM-6
I want to learn the keys part one day

RB4 is a literal downgrade that requires an unnecessary (for me) equipment upgrade. I hope they patch in drum support, but even then I've been very spoiled by customs.

If new DLC works with RB3 I'll still buy that, I support Harmonix (will never give Activision a dollar after GH3).

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I blame Microsoft more than anything, if the Xbone wasn't a pile of poo poo when it launched I'd have happily kept on their platform and would have already pre-ordered the game and adaptor.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

ElwoodCuse posted:

I blame Microsoft more than anything, if the Xbone wasn't a pile of poo poo when it launched I'd have happily kept on their platform and would have already pre-ordered the game and adaptor.

Part of my decision to go with Xbone over PS4 was the hope that this day would come. I poo poo you not.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Beelzebozo posted:

Part of my decision to go with Xbone over PS4 was the hope that this day would come. I poo poo you not.

I did this exact thing after their Xbone dance central game came out and had DLC backwards compatibility.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I haven't wanted to speak up here, as the discussion has been positive, but there's just no reason for me to get RB4.

Don't own or want an Xbox One.
Don't own a PS4, not enough games to justify it when..
Went with PC this generation
The instrument I play is an Alesis DM-6
I want to learn the keys part one day

RB4 is a literal downgrade that requires an unnecessary (for me) equipment upgrade. I hope they patch in drum support, but even then I've been very spoiled by customs.

If new DLC works with RB3 I'll still buy that, I support Harmonix (will never give Activision a dollar after GH3).

I just don't see much incentive to buy in on a next gen system when I can still play every instrument on last gen.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I think they said DLC support won't extend back to Rock Band 3 (why deal with people asking where keys charting went / do every song twice) but I can't nail down an exact quote or source.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rad Valtar posted:

I just don't see much incentive to buy in on a next gen system when I can still play every instrument on last gen.

This is what holds me back. I have to spend how much on an Xbox One? Then I have to spend how much on the game plus an adapter for my instruments and songs that already work?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I think, "people who want to play more Rock Band, just like the old ones but better!" is a more niche audience than they think.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Hat Thoughts posted:

I think, "people who want to play more Rock Band, just like the old ones but better!" is a more niche audience than they think.

The funny thing is that it's probably not at all.

Rock Band and Guitar Hero were zeitgeist-big for a long stretch there; getting even a fraction of that bump back who peace out after the first 1 or 2 is a much more financially shrewd move than doubling down on the holdouts who went with them to 3 and beyond.

You know, us dopes.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So are there no plans to even launch Rock Band 4 as essentially a huge Track Pack for the PS3 and XBox 360? I don't really give a poo poo about all of the new features, just give me the songs man.

it's not doing anything new that justifies a next gen only release. At least with Guitar Hero I can see that they are doing new things that makes me believe it couldn't be pulled off on the previous gen.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Astro7x posted:

So are there no plans to even launch Rock Band 4 as essentially a huge Track Pack for the PS3 and XBox 360? I don't really give a poo poo about all of the new features, just give me the songs man.

it's not doing anything new that justifies a next gen only release. At least with Guitar Hero I can see that they are doing new things that makes me believe it couldn't be pulled off on the previous gen.

What? They are literally releasing guitar hero for the previous gen

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Well, there's the graphics... and the drum fills... and a new campaign mode... the cash-for-gear system is back... the quickplay stuff and shows... for, uh, local play... and... impressive solos...

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Kabanaw posted:

What? They are literally releasing guitar hero for the previous gen

Yeah, that's kinda baffling to me. New Guitar Hero is a game that's been designed to also run on phones, it's about as far as you can get from being a showcase for the new hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I agree with this. It's also why I'm interested in GH, because it's a new game and system. And cheaper.