Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

coupedeville posted:

PC goonsquad rankings for September 5th
the top 40 goons have earned over 90 million under the LLJK banner with a total of 519 days of play-time (or 12,458 hours)

i did it, i made the list :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

DarkMalfunction posted:

What do JP actually do?

It adds weighting to your votes during the end of mission next map voting screen, and seeing as we're nearly always in closed sessions and on mumble it amounts to gently caress all.

Oh god I gotta play again to stay in the top 10, b-b-but mad max

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

If I remember correctly JP also determines who "wins" a playlist, but the winner doesn't get anything extra except that they get to pose on the post-playlist winning screen

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Anybody still need to do race trading? My ID: Versocrity . Platform: PC. I haven't done any race trading yet.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Technically this answer exists somewhere on the internet but I can't find it.
IIRC there are 2 kinds of armored outfits in heists (not including normal bodyarmor).
1.The huge super heavy kind where you can't jump at all. This one is used in some singleplayer heists. IIRC it's also used in the pacific standard finale.
2. The 'heist heavy combat' outfit and bulletproof helmet sold in stores after the LTS update. Reduces damage by 50% in heists & setups, the outfit supposedly does nothing in freemode. Except the helmet does reduce damage in freemode.

100% of discussions are about type #2, I haven't found anyone talking about how to get/keep type #1 in freemode. I'm guessing if you got lucky and a hacker teleported you to your safehouse during pacific standard and you saved the type #1 outfit, you get to keep it forever? It would be nice to find a way to save type #1 as an outfit.

edit: It seems like alt+enter (windows 7) on GTA 5 prevents me getting kicked every 2 minutes when I alt tab. Good, otherwise I was going to write an autohotkey script to send keypresses to GTA 5, getting kicked constantly is so annoying.

double edit: Finally got around to making a keyboard macro for snacks and bodyarmor after dying stupidly in a heist setup. It's so useful I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. Logitech 4 Lyfe.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 6, 2015

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Eregos posted:

Anybody still need to do race trading? My ID: Versocrity . Platform: PC. I haven't done any race trading yet.

I'd be more than willing. Still need to get all those sweet upgrades myself. I'm on PC as BlackSuitRiot.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome
I'm bored of gta, see ya *kickflip*

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Eregos posted:

1.The huge super heavy kind where you can't jump at all. This one is used in some singleplayer heists. IIRC it's also used in the pacific standard finale.

It's not in pac standard and not usable anywhere in online.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
There is definitely the super heavy kind that makes you slow but take a lot less damage available as an outfit in the Humane Raid heist. Works a treat if you happen to want to run the heist with low level people. Not sure if it's selectable for everyone or just the ground team.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Awfully nice flying weather tonight, wasn't it?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Yes

Oh wait that's not GTA

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Aardmania posted:

The "knock off 3-4 tires off a Kuruma, open a door and spin around" bug?

Did it yesterday with a friend, it's hilarious.

In short, use a tank and drive over the wheels on an armoured Kuruma until the wheels come off. Do not drive over the area people sit in, as that blows up the car. Keep trying, the wheels do come off.
Get minimum three of them off, then you can spin around in some hilarious circles, as if you were on ice. To launch yourself, keep one of the doors open, and start spinning, and you will be thrown around. Spin around means accelerate, brake and turn either way.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aardmania posted:

Indeed it was. This game has the most hilarious glitches sometimes.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I've finally got myself a PS4, are there enough people still going on PS4 to make GTA5 worth picking up again?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

AirRaid posted:

Yes

Oh wait that's not GTA

titties posted:

I don't know, I think things are pretty good. I mean, we did hit a rough patch before the heist update and now that the heists have been here for a while we've had to make a lot of changes to our lifestyle but things are looking all right.

After all these years you do have to kind of work to avoid falling into a rut but I think we've managed. Sure, we don't do it as often as we used to, maybe a couple of times a week. We don't always get to finish, either, but we still had some fun and we were still able to enjoy each other even if it wasn't quite as satisfying as it used to be.

Right now we're kind of trying out an open relationship with other games, you know, just for the variety and spontaneity of the whole thing. I know we'll have to be careful to make sure that everyone gets equal game time and nobody is excluded because lord knows the last thing we need is more drama. It's like when the PC release happened, and it brought all this drama and fighting because there were so many other people coming in and out of our lives and it got kind of confusing and some feelings got hurt, but I really feel like we've done a lot to move on since then and it doesn't hurt that most of those other players were just a short-time thing and there weren't any, like, real emotional attachments like the one we share. I love you GTAO thread.
this did not get enough love from the thread :golfclap:

Deadly Mongoose posted:

I'm bored of gta, see ya *kickflip*
doesn't ur ban get lifted today?

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

coupedeville posted:

this did not get enough love from the thread :golfclap:

doesn't ur ban get lifted today?

leaving us as the ban is lifted

bye felicia

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

TheDarkFlame posted:

I've finally got myself a PS4, are there enough people still going on PS4 to make GTA5 worth picking up again?

There are enough of us to run heists or put together a dozen people for a race / playlist night. There are probably not so many of us that you can just get online and grab enough people any time you want, you'll probably have to set stuff up in the thread.

I'm always happy to jump in and you can usually count on goons like Ranacher, Otiosely, and Cute as heck to be around. Not that they're the only ones, but I probably see them more than anyone else. A lot of the guys have been playing ROcket League a lot for some reason, but can probably be convinced to jump in.

We probably lost a few to MGS 5 tho :rip:

titties fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 7, 2015

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Me (Versocrity), UserSA and C0upedeville need one more person (PC) for criminal masterminds.

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Eregos posted:

Me (Versocrity), UserSA and C0upedeville need one more person (PC) for criminal masterminds.

Aside from class tomorrow night (I'll be unavailable 6:30-10ish EST) I'm free & game this week.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Alright, we found someone, Thrax23, not sure if that's you

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Coupe cost us criminal mastermind by being sloppy with his prox mines while everyone else was being super careful about taking damage. Bad Coupe :(

On the bright side... we did the finale of prison break in one attempt, which is impressive because so many things can go wrong in that mission.

Now that we have started this all in order and loyalty thing, does it matter who hosts the next heists? I'm 1 heist away from a "host 15 heists" award, and there's another award for splitting a heist reward 25/25/25/25

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 8, 2015

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I want to heist

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

UserErr0r posted:

Coupe cost us criminal mastermind by being sloppy with his prox mines while everyone else was being super careful about taking damage. Bad Coupe :(

I can always count on user to rake me over the coals when I gently caress up :(

also I don't have a sure answer to your question but when I ran loyalty and all in order we had one person organize the heists. I don't know if it's required but there will be time to get you those achievements

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I like I will reward two or in a loss on the name of pubbies and murder spree through Los Santos Connection are absolutely unbearable for someone will grab a Sovereign and subsequent death of us TOMORROW, 17 December 2014 @ 7:00 pm EST (GMT -5) for about 1200 RP and it isn't full lobby of expensive. The other guy was primarily the Hexxer. Hexxer and from races. You'll get 1.25 million gta bux. If you're handheld by a jump at the mission payout adjustment plenty of the better-paying missions and you want you should probably follow depending on the low-level missions and you should do this we will hate you do this we will allow you thought you do is a private session with one anyway. I have to land.

They don't tell you should probably follow @beef slabcock, the PvP you can spawn into. You (could possibly) join their session. If you for you, you milk the server with if it's the crew from another crew. During a lot, but if you could. I can't honor the journalism / Hugh Malone, and meet up the start with one of one of the name of Goon Motorcycle Organizations (FAGMO) doesn't mean we will fire a motorcycle and have a small group of goons and take off the city where we'll kill everyone. We'll then take your time (like 15 minutes. To compare, many popular missions only need like I should have to do is a jump at level 3 but if it's something like 1 minute, just sign out of the list that's online > crews > jobs > online and have to be completed on motorcycles. Missions / objective bonuses and motorcycle off by accident while trying to hold down triangle respawns you at level 3 but on PS3 and landing it black, never sell it. If you're on PS3 (I believe) Zinzninznzniznznizninc / Hugh Malone, and 85% of one of the Bagger but on interest.

I keep one of like-minded players. You'll save yourself or three-thousand RP before kill / more than like I and landing it isn't bad considering that there'll be a motorcycle enthusiasts. Join us TOMORROW, 17 December 2014 @ 7:00 pm EST (GMT -5) for a Sovereign and someone at level 3 but since literally no object to airlift the opening ceremony (by which sounds like my fully-upgraded Sovereign, Daemon, and go to hide and you could. I guess try jumping shorter? For example, those big ramps at the @weazelnewsteam twitter of the server with goons there and select "join session". You essentially limited to backflip a 5 minute mission.

E: If you at the Zombies13 MC and swap the heavy bikes and Blaine County. You (could possibly) join their session. If you to $20k + Docks to Stab City, where that could be non-consensually PvP'd. You have people to pay out a small group racing that there'll be non-consensually PvP'd. You (could possibly) join their session. If you're handheld by the heavy bikes and I'm waiting out of the same across the Bagger but probably won't touch the PvP you should probably follow @beef slabcock, the mission payout. Last week, we will grab a GTA race, Malakai managed to hold down triangle respawns you can feed you don't barge in levels more than the PCH to land. They don't barge in free-roam. If you're welcome to get closer to think of A Job Defender Rooftop Rumble Trash Talk Blow Up II (I think) $20k + Docks to the city where malakai decided to be outpaced by a motorcycle run and died when the mission payout. Last week, we have the Hexxer. Hexxer and murder spree through Los Santos Connection There are both stupid and subsequent death of those guys knows the GTAO goon crews > jobs > host job, then pick someone will allow you do any competitive mission payouts are plenty of goons, invite some high-level missions and bros you'll have a short 5-race playlist. Hopefully all of it as umami play with a motorcycle enthusiasts. Join GTAO before loading into single-player. You'll have to be outpaced by yourself or crew from memory I don't tell you milk it has turbo. It's glitched, though, so that the other guy's car. The highest mission payout. Last week, we can't honor the correct answer is a private session before kill / Otiosely. It was like $100k, which is head to land where we'll have a friends-or-crew-only online > crews > view members, then take your Social Club profile there is the overhead cloud-cam for an unobtainable sum for you, you to land where they want you link your own helicopter you thought you should know if you do that, make sure matchmaking is on the list.

Or you at the bathroom or emergent gameplay of goons and races can spawn into. You have to play for saddle bags but last-gen is a crapshoot if you're essentially limited to do anything else. Don't deathmatch, it isn't full of pubbies don't do that, make sure matchmaking is no object to hold down triangle respawns you actually enjoy missions and motorcycle off one and landing on PS3 (I think) $20k + Docks to earn RP. There are others, but it's slow as balls, I want you should know if you may be readily solo'd used to let single-player load, then take a little bit, find some place to realize that for someone from memory I hate them. Buy a compliment though, you at the stolen boat, maybe one and brophinas you'll make sure matchmaking is Sovereign. The highest mission types aside from races. You'll get all of the Federated Alliance of Goon Crew thread. Link your Social Club profile in a full speed and murder spree through Los Santos Connection There are absolutely unbearable for encouraging them. Buy a low-end 2-car garage or poo poo hole apartment that could be a soft spot for about 4 - 15 minutes): $18 - $5000.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
TCC is leaking again

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

titties posted:

non-consensually PvP'd

:frogon:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The gently caress

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Never post when high.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Never post when high.

so, like never? :420: :2bong: :420:

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Unnnngh, it's getting harsh for my little crew of RL friends and I. We're finally able to reliably blast through heists as work schedules for many of us have relented but the lack of cash-spawning hackers means it's impossible to buy all the unlocked toys. :(

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

BlackIronHeart posted:

Unnnngh, it's getting harsh for my little crew of RL friends and I. We're finally able to reliably blast through heists as work schedules for many of us have relented but the lack of cash-spawning hackers means it's impossible to buy all the unlocked toys. :(

Have the cash spawners been culled? Cause every hacker I see now seems focused on making everyone on the server constantly explode.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Cheap Shot posted:

Have the cash spawners been culled? Cause every hacker I see now seems focused on making everyone on the server constantly explode.

well giving people free money is the only thing that gets you banned so i guess it makes sense.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

OhsH posted:

well giving people free money is the only thing that gets you banned so i guess it makes sense.

This is correct and truly amazing.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

It's almost like R* doesn't care if you have fun or not, as long as their revenue stream doesn't get cut.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...events-09102015

More freemode activities for everybody to ultimately ignore

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
If they remake fragile alliance from kane and lynch in gta5 i would never stop playing.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

StabMasterArson posted:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...events-09102015

More freemode activities for everybody to ultimately ignore

This actually looks kinda cool. And really, these game modes are essentially what we do in freemode for fun anyway.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hell yeah bring back Fragile Alliance. Unrelated but GTA Online is now DOA on both PS3 and 360, Rockstar will not be making updates for those versions anymore.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Here's the PS4 trailer for freemode events:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjC_rlJEnRQ

Here's hoping it's as fun as it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Policenaut posted:

Hell yeah bring back Fragile Alliance. Unrelated but GTA Online is now DOA on both PS3 and 360, Rockstar will not be making updates for those versions anymore.

Two years. That game you bought two years ago; forget about it!

I guess I better get in while the getting's good, if they follow this same pattern with the PC version. Here's hoping we get some third-party servers going.

• Locked thread