Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Did you drink too much liquor, Deadbeat Dad?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I'm okay with Lumpen dying because I could be wrong about bowmore and Lumpen could have a fake claim given by the mod. Also people like you and Dhaes and whoever else that dislikes him will actually play with a clear head and enjoy discussion not centered around Lumpen
Could be just their strategy. It's a good point, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu
There might be something hidden in this message :eng101:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Section 31 posted:

Did you drink too much liquor, Deadbeat Dad?

huh

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Your play is actually confusing me

##vote Keane i'll just keep this vote on you then if the crux of your argument of why i'm scummy is me unvoting you close to the deadline

I Will Appease You Keane
This strikes me as a very Scummy post. I find the justification of the vote to be poor. DBD, I would be happy if I can conclude you're Town, but you seem unfocused. Your posts are summarizing possible viewpoints and justifications for votes but committing to nothing. It comes across as weirdly apologetic and hesitant trial-ballooning. Definitely NOT Scumhunting.

That makes me feel concerned. Especially when you end with a defensive-toned vote on Keane that you explicitly deny responsibility for.

If you're Town, find a real suspicion and stand behind your own read! Find a vote you can vote with gusto! You can do it! You have vast talent and a great reputation!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Less than 4 hours remain in the day. Let's post a lot so we can feel proud, friends!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm here, happy with my vote.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Dear fellow Town players,
Please do me a big favor and vote bowmore.

I'm here to ask for your support, and for some of you, your forgiveness. Please help me to overcome bowmore in the Thunderdome.

If you have any questions about the claims at issue or if I can provide any other information, don't hesitate to let me know.

Now is a great opportunity to make a difference and eliminate a Scum. I'm asking for your vote, not only for me, but for the greater cause of Town victory.

Thank you for your consideration.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dear fellow Town players,
Please do me a big favor and vote Lumpen.

I'm here to ask for your support, and for some of you, your forgiveness. Please help me to overcome Lumpen in the Thunderdome.

If you have any questions about the claims at issue or if I can provide any other information, don't hesitate to let me know.

Now is a great opportunity to make a difference and eliminate a Scum. I'm asking for your vote, not only for me, but for the greater cause of Town victory.

Thank you for your consideration.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Bowmore, considering all that's happened since, do you now regret entering the Thunderdome, or do you maintain it was a good move for you?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
depends on how you flip tbh, since they'll come after you if they lynch me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ok if we are thunderdomin' here I'd say Lumpen is the most likely of the two to be lying, bowmore is right, either way if one flips town tracker the other is next so in the interest of maintaining the sanctity of thunderdome invocation.

##vote Lumpen

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote

Lumpen posted:

This strikes me as a very Scummy post. I find the justification of the vote to be poor. DBD, I would be happy if I can conclude you're Town, but you seem unfocused. Your posts are summarizing possible viewpoints and justifications for votes but committing to nothing. It comes across as weirdly apologetic and hesitant trial-ballooning. Definitely NOT Scumhunting.

That makes me feel concerned. Especially when you end with a defensive-toned vote on Keane that you explicitly deny responsibility for.

If you're Town, find a real suspicion and stand behind your own read! Find a vote you can vote with gusto! You can do it! You have vast talent and a great reputation!

There is very little scumhunting to be done atm considering you and bowmore have claimed the same role, and half of the game wants you out no matter what you claim. I'm well aware of me summarizing viewpoints in response because it's not like it was pointed out that I would vote for anybody, I SAID I would vote for anybody.

Above all I'm fine with Keane because I feel like he's flailing and playing with his heart more than his ~mind~ but I don't know how that matches up with his scum game. He just seems all over the place which is not what I'm used to.

Not defensive at all, pretty chill this game actually. I'm known for having a defensive playstyle and often that gets suspicion on me early. That's fine. I like to play like that and get people talking. However, I don't see anything really wrong with my viewpoints. Half of the game isn't really posting. I'm not going to hard commit to any of you 3 D1. I don't think that makes me scummy. If I continue doing that, yeah, obviously that would.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok if we are thunderdomin' here I'd say Lumpen is the most likely of the two to be lying, bowmore is right, either way if one flips town tracker the other is next so in the interest of maintaining the sanctity of thunderdome invocation.

##vote Lumpen

What is your reasoning?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Ok DBD, vote bowmore then, if you would, please. You said you thought he was more likely Scum, and if so there is no other reasonable vote.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CapitalistPig posted:

Ok if we are thunderdomin' here I'd say Lumpen is the most likely of the two to be lying,
Based on what? Please expand if you don't mind. I'd appreciate it if you specifically state what conclusions you hold true, based on the claim evidence in the thread.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote bowmore

Alright I'm in the thunderdome. You better not be leading me around Lumpen!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote bowmore

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
The Mayfield Daily Ledger, Day 1

bowmore (5): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Lumpen, JakeP, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Deadbeat Dad, JakeP, Deadbeat Dad, CCKeane, Tremendous Taste, Deadbeat Dad, JakeP
Lumpen (4): CCKeane, CapitalistPig, chaoslord, Dhaes, bowmore, bowmore, CapitalistPig, bowmore, chaoslord, CCKeane, CCKeane, Section 31, JakeP, JakeP, CCKeane, CapitalistPig
CCKeane (1): Lumpen, GulagDolls, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen, JakeP, CapitalistPig, Section 31, Section 31, JakeP, GulagDolls, GulagDolls, JakeP, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad, CapitalistPig, Deadbeat Dad, JakeP
Section 31 (0): CCKeane, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, CapitalistPig
Tremendous Taste (0): Section 31, Lumpen, Section 31, Lumpen
CapitalistPig (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
chaoslord (0): Dhaes, Dhaes, Lumpen, Deadbeat Dad, Lumpen, Deadbeat Dad
JakeP (0): CCKeane, CCKeane
GulagDolls (0): Dhaes, Dhaes
Deadbeat Dad (0): CCKeane, CCKeane, JakeP, JakeP

Not Voting (1): chaoslord

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. Lights out is September 10th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT, partner. That's in about 2 hours, 20 minutes.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'm not going to try and win the popularity contest/talk people into voting Lumpen

just remember who counter claimed who

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Lumpen posted:

Based on what? Please expand if you don't mind. I'd appreciate it if you specifically state what conclusions you hold true, based on the claim evidence in the thread.

because of the way bowmore said that, why counterclaim for a 1-1 trade? it doesn't make sense unless he actually IS the tracker and caught you in a lie.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CapitalistPig posted:

because of the way bowmore said that, why counterclaim for a 1-1 trade? it doesn't make sense unless he actually IS the tracker and caught you in a lie.
Ok, interesting, you're on the record, thanks.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

bowmore posted:

i'm not going to try and win the popularity contest/talk people into voting Lumpen

just remember who counter claimed who
You seem resigned. Will you vote yourself?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

You seem resigned. Will you vote yourself?
uh, no

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Then why the manipulative posturing, dear friend and opponent?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

Then why the manipulative posturing, dear friend and opponent?
neither manipulating or posturing, just setting out the facts

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it's says a lot when you confuse truth with manipulation and posturing

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
GulagDolls, are you around? If you move your vote (to whichever side you judge best) then this can be the very first fully realized Mafia THUNDERDOME (to my knowledge). That'd be pretty darn cool whichever way it goes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

GulagDolls, are you around? If you move your vote (to whichever side you judge best) then this can be the very first fully realized Mafia THUNDERDOME (to my knowledge). That'd be pretty darn cool whichever way it goes.

We have had thunderdomes before. I believe Two Axis mafia Three had a thunderdome.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

pretty sure Gulag was on my side

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
dude bowmore is a total bro, lumpen is a sperglord. if its between the two what the hell are you guys doing voting lumpen

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

not gonna vote for bromore until lylo, you all can suck it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bowmore/Lumpen has torn the confirmed town masonry of Keane/Dhaes apart.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Bowmore/Lumpen has torn the confirmed town masonry of Keane/Dhaes apart.
what happened keane

you used to be cool man

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you still have big bulging muscles but what use are they

when you are not cool

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

seriously man, you are picking lumpen?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

bowmore posted:

what happened keane

you used to be cool man

I like you a lot, Bowmore, you're a fun player and I enjoy playing with you and chatting with you in the discussion thread. But I think you're scum. :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I like you a lot, Bowmore, you're a fun player and I enjoy playing with you and chatting with you in the discussion thread. But I think you're scum. :(
use that logic brain of yours

why would i counter claim someone

as scum

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
especially a town tracker

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dhaes posted:

seriously man, you are picking lumpen?

If lumpen didn't promise to be civil (a promise he is maintaining) I'd vote him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
on day 1

• Locked thread