Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

I feel the tag should be... actually I have no idea what I would expect of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Haha, I totally forgot that was the solution. I feel like a dick for mentioning it before.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

You bastard.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So my joke answer was right - although the homework itself wasn't the important thing.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

From Six Years Ago posted:

Just finished the live stream and:

Homework was done! Endless Eight has ended!

quote:

Of course it's over.

Countdown to Endless Eight episode 9, T-7 days.

quote:

It's like a horror movie. Someone thinks he has killed the monster and then it simply gets up and eats him.

quote:

We're all going to wake up tomorrow and its 8 weeks ago.

quote:

Say what you will about the arc, but at least they had a nice ending.

quote:

That is some inspiring music.

quote:

God drat it, given the excellent way this episode ended I sort of want to forgive them for this.

quote:

That ending was pretty spectacular. I don't believe I've ever seen Kyon that uppity and I loved every minute of it.

quote:

The ending was pretty well done I think, it just makes me sad to think this could've been a very enjoyable 2-3 episode arc, instead of the abomination it turned out to be.

quote:

Kyoani only did this because they love us.

And I think this might be my favorite (no one knew the schedule yet):

quote:

Next up, 5 episodes of Sighs.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Dezinus posted:

Haha, I totally forgot that was the solution. I feel like a dick for mentioning it before.

I highly doubt it spoiled it

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

EE is over. Too drunk. Gonna pass out now.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
can someone repost the youtube that had all eight episodes at once, ty

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am going to marry Aya Hirano.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Good luck with that.

Unironically, I mean, good luck with that.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Agronox posted:

And I think this might be my favorite (no one knew the schedule yet):

God that last one was a goddamn dagger

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

Theory time: Kyon has to ask Haruhi for help with his homework.

Wooo!

That was good, I enjoyed it a lot.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

it's too late, because she's married to me

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

darealkooky posted:

can someone repost the youtube that had all eight episodes at once, ty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLsvngvealg

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I feel so good after watching that again. I'm so pumped up for some reason.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Quoting so I can find this later

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

God that last one was a goddamn dagger

Actually burst out laughing at that one.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

It hurt to read. Even now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That guy is right

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

He hit the nail on the head.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
Am I an entire episode behind, or did I watch one of the episodes twice? Not entirely sure.

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Well I really enjoyed that a lot more in one sitting and slightly drunk, It really makes me disappointed in all of the trash Kyo Ani has put out after Haruhi S1, They nail so many moments in either season of Haruhi and then put out so much bland generic schlock year after year.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

I can see how it'd be more frustrating when you're waiting a week in between each episode and you haven't had enough hints dropped before hand that this is going to go for 8 episodes. Although, I still have no loving idea how people got more than 3 or 4 episodes into this without seriously considering the possibility that the Endless 8 Arc would be 8 episodes long.

Its also worth reading that thread because in 2009 it was still an enormous pain in the rear end waiting for fansubs, or raws, and there was like a 3 day trickle on every release of people spreading disinformation when watching untranslated raws.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I feel so good after watching that again. I'm so pumped up for some reason.

It's so good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Theory: It didn't have to be homework, Haruhi just wanted someone to be enthusiastic about what they were doing and willing to take on a little leadership (possible foreshadowing when she's willing to give up being chief for a day during the cicada grab).

Thoughts? I don't know, maybe it gets into it more in the LN but if it had to be homework, geez.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

That was pretty amazing. It was the homework after all. See kids, this is why you should take your responsibilities seriously.

In Training, thank you for setting this up, its been a blast. Looking forward to the rest of the show.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Five

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I feel the tag should be... actually I have no idea what I would expect of it.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_8LIQwZKQQ
The only fan video I saved from the old days, enjoy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wow, Mikuru is just a wreck this time, isn't she?

Its nothing but sobs and whimpers all the way down, thats her life

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Me.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

That was pretty amazing. It was the homework after all. See kids, this is why you should take your responsibilities seriously.

In Training, thank you for setting this up, its been a blast. Looking forward to the rest of the show.

To be fair, I think it was more just that the unfinished homework represented a missed opportunity for Haruhi to hang out with her friends than any actual concern for the homework itself. Haruhi knew there was some opportunity she was missing, hence the Time Compression poo poo, but she was never the type to struggle enough with her homework to think of asking the gang to to it with her, hence Kyon having to save the day.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Agronox posted:

Theory: It didn't have to be homework, Haruhi just wanted someone to be enthusiastic about what they were doing and willing to take on a little leadership (possible foreshadowing when she's willing to give up being chief for a day during the cicada grab).

Thoughts? I don't know, maybe it gets into it more in the LN but if it had to be homework, geez.

I think you're probably right. Even though everyone genuinely had a good time in episode 1, they didn't make that clear to Haruhi. What she wanted was evidence that her friends actually appreciated being together with her.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kusaru posted:

Am I an entire episode behind, or did I watch one of the episodes twice? Not entirely sure.

Ah, lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

I think you're probably right. Even though everyone genuinely had a good time in episode 1, they didn't make that clear to Haruhi. What she wanted was evidence that her friends actually appreciated being together with her.

OH! I hadn't thought of it that way. I like this more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agronox posted:

I believe it could have been anything, really. Like, if Kyon got up and yelled at her "Excuse me, I need to use the toilet, and its going to take all day", that would have worked too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive got a busy morning in front of me :sweatdrop:

EE1
5:00 SS
6:45 gif (F)
12:00 gif
14:35 SS (F)
16:30 gif
20:30 gif