Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

HGH posted:

I'm amazed they've been at it for 14 years now.

Never underestimate the crazies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Rihanna looking like a pokemon gym leader

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Mintergalactic posted:

it might seem tasteless and tacky but i'm sure that at least some of the people who make this stuff are actually genuinely upset about the events of 9/11 and this is the only real way they can express that in an autistic medium

FTFY.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

wut

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

:siren:ALERT! ALERT! TIM BUCKLEY HAS MADE A FUNNY JOKE! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!:siren:

Like, I'm not crazy right? That's a pretty good goof. You know what they say about broken clocks I guess.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Ariong posted:

:siren:ALERT! ALERT! TIM BUCKLEY HAS MADE A FUNNY JOKE! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!:siren:

Like, I'm not crazy right? That's a pretty good goof. You know what they say about broken clocks I guess.

I like it.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

it's okay

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Seems like it'd be way more topical 5 years ago.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

mind the walrus posted:

Seems like it'd be way more topical 5 years ago.

Yeah it's really weird to make a joke about MGSV in 2015.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MGSV is literally Peace Walker 2.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

From what I remember from the webcomics mock threads, post-reboot CAD has subsided to the level where it can tell moderately amusing jokes once and a while, while Penny Arcade has degenerated into an overwritten melty-faced shitshow that should have ended five years ago.

CAD may actually be better than Penny Arcade nowadays. It's a brave new world.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

MGSV is literally Peace Walker 2.

Nah.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Marshal Radisic posted:

From what I remember from the webcomics mock threads, post-reboot CAD has subsided to the level where it can tell moderately amusing jokes once and a while, while Penny Arcade has degenerated into an overwritten melty-faced shitshow that should have ended five years ago.

Well drat, I had no idea. Last I heard the reboot was shaping up to be just as bad as what came before. Good on him I guess.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I love PW and stand by my statement.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I love PW and stand by my statement.

They're absolutely nothing alike. In the slightest. You can crawl under things in Phantom Pain, for one.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Marshal Radisic posted:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

and face full life consequences

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The Mock Threads used to rag on people for never updating their art and changing. I think we may have been wrong.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kavak posted:

The Mock Threads used to rag on people for never updating their art and changing. I think we may have been wrong.

Yeah but they ragged on people for not experiencing any personal growth, I don't think anyone advocated people outsourcing their art.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

They look like they've been run through one of those Content Aware Scale things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8k3b-QNbhs

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Marshal Radisic posted:

Seriously? A reboot?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Yeah it's really weird to make a joke about MGSV in 2015.

Yeah UP is still really timely.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dr_Amazing posted:

Seriously? A reboot?

Yep. Basically Buckley killed off his regular cast so he could mostly just do gag comics.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The worst part is he ended it with the main character pressing a button and the button wasn't CTRL ALT DLT.

HGH has a new favorite as of 21:33 on Sep 12, 2015

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Mokinokaro posted:

Yep. Basically Buckley killed off his regular cast so he could mostly just do gag comics.

Best creative decision I ever heard.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

HGH posted:

The worst part is he ended it with the main character pressing a button and the button wasn't CTRL ALT DLT.

fuuuuuuuuck if he had, that would have been incredible--years of terrible comics leading up to one reboot gag he'd had planned from the beginning

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Still the best thing to come out of that whole mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60JlM6ZXHc

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kay Kessler posted:

Still the best thing to come out of that whole mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60JlM6ZXHc

this video should've been the canon reboot imo

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

this video should've been the canon reboot imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8STd8-oO0gA

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This one is my favourite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehC4ZXw9wgc

Forti
May 5, 2009

loving hell

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Art.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

This is the "foreverally delitized" guy again, isn't it?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

https://vimeo.com/68070261
https://vimeo.com/75534042

I saw these in legitimate art gallery and I thought of this thread.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The character designer for the Warioware games drew Paul Blart Fan Art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

RickVoid posted:

This is the "foreverally delitized" guy again, isn't it?

Yes and no. It's the actual foreverial tiedup pictures, chopped up and pasted onto artsy photos of flowers and streetlights.

• Locked thread