Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yaaaay storytime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Oooh I hope the whole chapter is in this style.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
This is it. The art chapter that we've all been waiting for.

Edit:

Even mean old Ysengrin seems to brighten up when I post...

GENUINE CAT HERDER fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 11, 2015

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The art here is way too good.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I like how Annie seems to have four hands in the second panel.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Fourshadowing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Splicer posted:

Fourshadowing.

haha

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

EvilTaytoMan posted:

It's an metaphor for how different from Tony she was.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

EvilTaytoMan posted:

It's her ether self popping out of her body to chat with Coyote, right?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Splicer posted:

Fourshadowing.

Na that's the little head and arms and the end of here hair.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

This is a thing of beauty.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

The very opposite of a Friday cliffhanger.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

same

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 1, 2016

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Oh, Coyote is going to talk out his problem like a responsible adult demi-god. I am glad at this mature and measured response and for the Court to respond to this diplomatic overture with its often showed tact and diplomatic acumen.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wonder if this is what the court had in mind the entire time.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
I'm sure the Court will accept, and everyone will come together and reach an agreement that benefits everyone!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Oh No! You know things are serious when Coyote becomes bones.

(And I'm only half jesting. It seems Coyote at his most menacing often takes on a skeletal motif)

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 14, 2015

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

I can smell your posts from here

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Whoa, new av material...for me that is.

Forest Krew represent, y'all

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Haha yeah, if there's one thing we know about the court, it's that the administration these days takes the forest seriously.

One thing that I noticed about this story, now that we have a couple to compare: proper nouns are getting highlighted with fancy borders (Coyote, The Court, Ysengrin), but also the word "laugh" as the only exception. Laughter is just as important as any person or entity in the world, to Coyote.

Looking forward to this chapter. It'd be a funny effect if the whole thing is told in this storybook form, including some significant plot developments, and then once we return to detail we see the real aftermath.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Sep 14, 2015

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Haven't we all been so angry we turned into bones?

Anyway, how does a meeting work when the Court's locked up the other side's envoy? The whole diplomatic process probably goes a lot more smoothly when you don't do that.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Carrasco posted:

Anyway, how does a meeting work when the Court's locked up the other side's envoy? The whole diplomatic process probably goes a lot more smoothly when you don't do that.

It probably involves marching over the bridge (which bypasses the demon lady down by the river that would ruin your day) and threatening to ruin their day until a meeting is held.

x1o fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 14, 2015

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Start by reinstating your perpetually angry treewolf.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

maswastaken posted:

perpetually angry treewolf.

A marvelous phrase. That is probably why Ysengrin is almost all bones.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Why do I have the sudden feeling that this will result in coyote offering to "help" by taking fire-annie off Annie's hands into the forest and leaving her, kat and Donny holding the bag when she starts physically wasting away in a few pages

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Did Ysengrin's body atrophy because he only uses his tree body? Or does he use the tree body because his body atrophied?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rotten Cookies posted:

Did Ysengrin's body atrophy because he only uses his tree body? Or does he use the tree body because his body atrophied?

We don't have 100% confirmation, but I'd put my money on the former. Coyote's gifts are always flawed.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

We don't have 100% confirmation, but I'd put my money on the former. Coyote's gifts are always flawed.

I don't know, his tooth worked out exactly as advertised. (being advertised as insanely dangerous that is)

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

mr. stefan posted:

Why do I have the sudden feeling that this will result in coyote offering to "help" by taking fire-annie off Annie's hands into the forest and leaving her, kat and Donny holding the bag when she starts physically wasting away in a few pages
Because that would be funny, and we all know Coyote likes a laugh!

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Looks like Coyote is not so easily fooled! Where is the the real Fire Head Girl?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Coyote likes tricks but not when they're played on him!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm assuming these poses and expressions are 100% accurate and not exaggerated at all.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

MikeJF posted:

I'm assuming these poses and expressions are 100% accurate and not exaggerated at all.
Coyote is no liar.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So in the first panel, that are representations of Parley, Jones and the little rock like silhouette is...?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kikas posted:

So in the first panel, that are representations of Parley, Jones and the little rock like silhouette is...?

Hmm. It doesn't seem like a representation of Smitty but it makes sense for him to be there.

Also that might be Parley or Eglamore.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's seed bismuth.

So it's court head dude.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Kikas posted:

It's Eglamore (the symbol represents Court Protector, which has been shown in previous chapters and doesn't yet pertain to Parley as she's only an apprentice), Jones (the stone woman figurine), and the headmaster (pointed by SynthOrange due to the symbol for Bismuth which is an overall representation of the court).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Smitty was meant to be there but as luck would have it, he got distracted by talking to one of the Court Robo-horses. This is why he'll be the sole survivor when Coyote throws a tantrum at the Court keeping the Fire head Girl from him. Coyote does not deal well with being tricked.

e: Interestingly, in the first tableaux, the floor is covered in the crossed eyes symbols that represent Donny/Anja's anti-Renard magic. I wonder if the court has a failsafe in place incase Ysengrin or Coyote get uppity during negotiations?