Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

That was my first thought as well. I know the current size is probably more realistic to what would be practical, but they're flying super-aliens. They don't need to be practical.

Something something nth metal is lightweight like aluminum but strong like titanium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Scyantific posted:

Something something nth metal is lightweight like aluminum but strong like titanium.

Titanium isn't actually that strong. Like, yeah it's about equal to steel, but the draw is that it has that strength in a much lighter package. It's not irl adamantium or anything.
:science:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Error 404 posted:

Titanium isn't actually that strong. Like, yeah it's about equal to steel, but the draw is that it has that strength in a much lighter package. It's not irl adamantium or anything.

So what you're saying is that it'd be perfect for an oversized mace.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Error 404 posted:

I learned this from the Crimson Skies game that was on the Xbox from 10 years ago. :)

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Error 404 posted:

Steel "isn't actually that strong"? Jeepers.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

qntm posted:

Steel "isn't actually that strong"? Jeepers.

Steel is strong, but its a common every day metal, not some magical sci-fi 'does anything' material.
Titanium is just steel that's really lightweight.

It's just funny that it gets used in fiction as a super metal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tungsten doesn't have the same fancy name appeal.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

Tungsten doesn't have the same fancy name appeal.

You just gotta say it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtng0nTMUmU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They could make it out of aluminum like those dick dragons.

But yea, Hawkman and hawkgirl always had giant fuckoff maces that look like something out of Diablo or WoW. That looks, like a normal mace. You're already flying around with wings, you can have a giant cartoony mace.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Forego the maces, give me a giant gently caress-off warhammer. :black101:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

No but you know that there's going to be a joke where a mugger is robbing someone, and she appears and says "I wouldn't do that if I were you!" and the mugger says "Awww is the lil' girl gonna hit me with some mace?" and then she pulls out her actual mace and hits him.
I am now going to be super disappointed if this doesn't happen.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Error 404 posted:

Steel is strong, but its a common every day metal, not some magical sci-fi 'does anything' material.
Titanium is just steel that's really lightweight.

It's just funny that it gets used in fiction as a super metal.

Jet fuel can't melt Nth metal beams!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Whizbang posted:

President Luthor let 9 11 happen.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Whizbang posted:

Speed Forces melts everything.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-agents-of-shield-chloe-bennett-debuts-quake-costume-20150913-story.html

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That sure is a tacticool form-fitting black uniform.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Please tell me those aren't high heeled boots. :negative: Otherwise, it is fine. Basic SHIELDish suit with her Quake gloves.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Looks great. I like how it's reminiscent of Black Widow without being derivative.
I'm so excited for Season 3!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Reset Smith posted:

Looks great. I like how it's reminiscent of Black Widow without being derivative.
I'm so excited for Season 3!

Looks pretty derivative to me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It kind of bridges the gap between the generic SHIELD suits and what Widow wore in at least Iron Man 2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

That sure is a tacticool form-fitting black uniform.

I couldn't even begin to guess who the character was supposed if I was shown that image without context.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Needs white accents and boots.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I couldn't even begin to guess who the character was supposed if I was shown that image without context.

Without what context? Like, context of the characters in the show or context of who Quake is?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Without what context? Like, context of the characters in the show or context of who Quake is?

If I just had "This is a Marvel character in live action!" to go on.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Why does that matter though? She's not some new Marvel superhero starring in her own movie. She's just an agent in a spy organization who happens to have powers. Of course she's not going to have some bright, colorful costume with a big Q on it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm shocked that you would be unable to tell who a character is without any context or knowledge of the show that the character is a part of.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 14, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

If I just had "This is a Marvel character in live action!" to go on.

I suppose so. I don't really think that Quake has ever had super distinct or personalized costume though. Pretty much just SHIELD agent uniform with cool gloves on it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Who could this character be. Why is she wearing generic shield female outfit #15

That AoS outfit is probably the most comics accurate outfit in the MCU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not sure that can be helped. Quake always wears a generic SHIELD uniform.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

VDay posted:

Why does that matter though? She's not some new Marvel superhero starring in her own movie. She's just an agent in a spy organization who happens to have powers. Of course she's not going to have some bright, colorful costume with a big Q on it.

She's the gritty reboot:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She looks just like Quake. I like it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has Quake ever worn anything other than a SHIELD Uniform?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

You know our old friend Comixfan has it covered:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/226092/next-heroes-costume-suggestions-quake-daisy-johnson-skye-from-agents-of-shield

Looks like just Secret War, EMH cartoon and Ultimate are anything that's not just a SHIELD uniform variation. And even those have a black bodysuit base.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 14, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

twistedmentat posted:

not as a costume, no

the complaining is weird and dumb

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dexo posted:

That AoS outfit is probably the most comics accurate outfit in the MCU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually that costume is nearly completely different despite how similar it looks.

The comic version is like a hoodie, track pants and white sneakers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

You know our old friend Comixfan has it covered:
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/226092/next-heroes-costume-suggestions-quake-daisy-johnson-skye-from-agents-of-shield

Looks like just Secret War, EMH cartoon and Ultimate are anything that's not just a SHIELD uniform variation. And even those have a black bodysuit base.

I forgot he was jailed. I wonder what he did to finally piss of the forum mods. Maybe the goons creating costume threads finally send him into a melt down.

And yea, she is primarily seen in a black body suit with the gloves, and variations on that. loving nerds complaining about poo poo that isn't a problem.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's a black nondescript uniform, why does it warrant any discussion or feelings one way or the other

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Hakkesshu posted:

It's a black nondescript uniform, why does it warrant any discussion or feelings one way or the other

Black uniforms matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She looks loving great in it.