Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Triglav posted:

hm yes an optional tool for artists is the same as a required input method

hm yes apple working with citizens bank to do an installment plan for the iphone now that carriers are ending subsidized plans is new and unfounded and you definitely havent been able to buy apple things on an installment plan with barclays for years

hm yes this sure is a post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

graph posted:

wait

is this real

rofflelamao

:tviv:

the beauty, the magic, the design,

it's just .....

apple

i wish wacom would go to town on this, like really really apple aggressively take a huge poo poo on this pale imitation (i'd say overpriced, but lol, wacom)

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
i did hear that thing where your hand can't touch the screen lest your smear your work, but i can't beleieve even apple's shoddy QA would allow that, can someone C?D pls.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

url posted:

i did hear that thing where your hand can't touch the screen lest your smear your work, but i can't beleieve even apple's shoddy QA would allow that, can someone C?D pls.

everything I've read says palm rejection works, iirc in the video there's a point where they show it drawing with 2 fingers making a ruler

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
the promo video did look like he was avoiding the side of his cg hand touching the screen, but yeah, i was dubious of the claims from the outset, that would be exceptionally weak.

ta for clearing that up

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

graph posted:

wait

is this real

rofflelamao

straight from apple.com

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apple pencil replacement caps (3 pack) $13.99

pram
Jun 10, 2001
how is timmbe expecting to make a profit at these generous firesale prices

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
apples turning a new leaf. the future is joining the rest of the industry with unprofitability, decline, liquidation, and bankruptcy

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Triglav posted:

apples turning a new leaf. the future is joining the rest of the industry with unprofitability, decline, liquidation, and bankruptcy

Thank fuckin Christ..

They're single handedly responsible for (essentially) gouging the entirety of consumer electronics prices for 15 years.

I'd not mind if they were good, or at the least not obnoxious, but their general approach of we're American therefore we are the best and can lead from behind is frankly offensive to the entire rest if the industry and tbh, I'll be happy when they hit the anti-trust suits, tax bills and basically any measure if scrutiny which doesn't fall prey to American exceptionalism.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

url posted:

Thank fuckin Christ..

They're single handedly responsible for (essentially) gouging the entirety of consumer electronics prices for 15 years.

I'd not mind if they were good, or at the least not obnoxious, but their general approach of we're American therefore we are the best and can lead from behind is frankly offensive to the entire rest if the industry and tbh, I'll be happy when they hit the anti-trust suits, tax bills and basically any measure if scrutiny which doesn't fall prey to American exceptionalism.

please stfu

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

pram posted:

please stfu

Aww bless, ...., YOSPOS, BITHC!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

url posted:

Thank fuckin Christ..

source your quotes

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

url posted:

Thank fuckin Christ..

lmao

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

ugh i wish these laptops were flimsy plastic with broken everything and terrible screens instead of the pinnacle of human creation

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pRQp8OmrIQ

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Triglav posted:

ugh i wish these laptops were flimsy plastic with broken everything and terrible screens instead of the pinnacle of human creation
enterprise stuff from most other oems lasts p much just as long and isnt made of flimsy plastic but well they don't sell those as their consumer models- they sell the flimsy plastic junk for those with a -$300 margin

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i'd like to see this laptop but i think lenovo owns thinkpad now

pram
Jun 10, 2001
u arrive at your new job. two options are presented to you for your work laptop: a macbook pro, or a thinkpad t420

who are u?

a fat. disgusting. virgin. idiotic piece of despicable poo poo who chooses the thinkpad
or a handsome, tastefully nerdy in a cool way person who is epic win

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
harsh

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i understand

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Insert the pen into your anus as it vibrates softly

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
And then takes your temperature and sends it to the apple watch

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

url posted:

Thank fuckin Christ..

nominated for wrongest post of 2015

cheapass oems pumping out garbage at rock bottom prices is why every large consumer electronics company [except apple and fancy brands] is making basically zero money

qirex fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 14, 2015

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

have people actually compared prices or do they just like screaming APPLE TAX.

because any decent quality laptop costs as much or more as a comparable mac.

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

who am i kidding, i know the answer.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hmmm, I could buy this high quality panasonic or sony television but this konka is only 399 at best buy welp
- american consumers in the years 2000-2010

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pram posted:

u arrive at your new job. two options are presented to you for your work laptop: a macbook pro, or a thinkpad t420

who are u?

a fat. disgusting. virgin. idiotic piece of despicable poo poo who chooses the thinkpad
or a handsome, tastefully nerdy in a cool way person who is epic win

if i arrived at my job and they presented me any work laptop i would turn heel and leave because computer touching is not a real job

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

the base models are always competitive. it's just bto parts with odd price inflations

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the only tv worth buying right now is a vizio

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

oh i can get the same panel as this apple cinema display for only $400!!!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

triple sulk posted:

the only tv worth buying right now is a vizio

for anything under 2 grand this is p much true since most people never even bother adjusting picture settings after it comes out of the box

if you care about pq and are willing to fiddle with it but don't want to spend 2 grand get a $700-1200 sony or samsung

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

if you care about pq and are willing to fiddle with it but don't want to spend 2 grand get a $700-1200 sony or samsung

yeah the bravias are good but who knows how much longer sony will be making tvs lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

graph posted:

yeah the bravias are good but who knows how much longer sony will be making tvs lol
:(

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

qirex posted:

nominated for wrongest post of 2015

cheapass oems pumping out garbage at rock bottom prices is why every large consumer electronics company [except apple and fancy brands] is making basically zero money

why do i care how much money a company i dont work for is making

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm p happy with my sarnsung tv after setting it up which took like 10 minutes

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

whats the best tv

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Valeyard posted:

Insert the pen into your anus as it vibrates softly

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

why do i care how much money a company i dont work for is making

seriously why do people get so angry at Apple making so much profit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

jony neuemonic posted:

have people actually compared prices or do they just like screaming APPLE TAX.

because any decent quality laptop costs as much or more as a comparable mac.

The nexus 4 and 5 are superior to the same-year iphone models in every way and cost like half as much

But laptops, yeah, you want something good you get a ThinkPad and it ends up being a similar price as the mac but without all the headaches of a linux os and having incompatible ports, er uh, port(s) i guess

• Locked thread