Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
gently caress, I actually went and got this game for PS4. But I'm working mornings at the moment, so there's no chance I'll be able to piss around with you guys and crash into myself until 5am GMT like I used to. If something actually happens at a reasonable time, then hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Might as well, I'm good all day tomorrow except for the early afternoon.

PSN: King_Alamat.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!
I'm down. I'll jump into mumble at some point tomorrow night and silently participate while typing furiously in-game.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

titties posted:

YES

Who wants to cram a session full of gewns tomorrow on PS4 after the update drops?

I'm in. Last couple times I've been on it's been a goon ghost town. So lonely.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
good golly there's been more activity in the past 11 hours than the last three days

hellfaucet posted:

So there's finally a content update tomorrow? Content worth logging in for the first time in ages?

:love: :love: :love: hey hellfaucet
it's definitely something, that much is certain. IGN says its the biggest addition since heist update

Eregos posted:

I'm guessing it's not likely that me (Versocrity), Thrax, User and C0updeville will be able to get together at the same time again to finish 'all in order' and 'loyalty'? Getting the same 4 people back together by chance is nearly impossible, I've had this experience with arranged teams in starcraft 2. Teams of 3 occasionally get back together, but add in a 4th and suddenly the chances drop to about 0%. Won't happen unless we pick a time. I've been holding off on doing heists for a few days so it would be good to know either way.

i am sad about this :sigh:

denereal visease posted:

looking forward to you realizing what a huge fuckin waste of time that poo poo was as well :cheers:
tonight is the last night goon sir i am looking forward to it

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

titties posted:

YES

Who wants to cram a session full of gewns tomorrow on PS4 after the update drops?

I'm not dead! Also I'll probably be on for the first time in weeks after 6PM EST, which is hopefully after the update drops. gently caress, I think I'm still poor online.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I'll put down MGS5 and my dumb Japanese Vita poo poo for GTA Online when the new update drops.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Is new update the lowrider update? Having some dumb new cars to buy would give me a reason to pick up GTAO again.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Starhawk64 posted:

Is new update the lowrider update?

Yes*.

*No.

And the last thing we need is more poo poo to buy. That's all the last couple updates have been. We need more missions and heists and game modes and other things to do, which it appears this update is rectifying, at least a little bit.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Now that the money faucets are turned off, the only thing that will keep me in this game is more poo poo to do.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
That's true, but I would still like to be thrown a bone like a civvie version of the Taurus-lookalike or a not-lovely Voodoo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rockstar's said for whatever reason new Heists aren't a priority right now so lol this is what you're getting for the foreseeable future.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I just want an increased property limit! Just more garages, that's all I need :v:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

TheDarkFlame posted:

gently caress, I actually went and got this game for PS4. But I'm working mornings at the moment, so there's no chance I'll be able to piss around with you guys and crash into myself until 5am GMT like I used to. If something actually happens at a reasonable time, then hell yeah.

I'm thinking around 8pm Eastern (GMT -5) so probably a little late for you?

Scorched Spitz posted:

Might as well, I'm good all day tomorrow except for the early afternoon.

PSN: King_Alamat.

Kelly posted:

I'm in. Last couple times I've been on it's been a goon ghost town. So lonely.

Jonesy posted:

I'm not dead! Also I'll probably be on for the first time in weeks after 6PM EST, which is hopefully after the update drops. gently caress, I think I'm still poor online.

Got you guys. Jonesy, I forget your PSN ID, please remind me. I want to say it's jonesy but I can't remember if there's like an underscore or something at the end.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

titties posted:

YES

1.) titties (PSN: mr_dread)
2.) Scorched Spitz (PSN: King_Alamat)
3.) Kelly (PSN: cashcamden99)
4.) Jonesy (PSN: jonesy? I forget)

I'm putting my bells on as we speak.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Jonesy is Quim Reaper something something, I thought? Somebody ping me tomorrow, it's been too long and I needed a real reason to come back~

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation

Policenaut posted:

Rockstar's said for whatever reason new Heists aren't a priority right now so lol this is what you're getting for the foreseeable future.

This kind of stuff is what I want more than new heists. Freeroam nonsense and little scripted games like king of the hill that Rockstar can make in a couple months are much better than huge, bloated (the amount of resources and time needed just to do cutscenes that everyone wants to skip as fast as possible is hilarious) quasi-cinematic missions that take years to make.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Jonesy is Quim Reaper something something, I thought? Somebody ping me tomorrow, it's been too long and I needed a real reason to come back~

Yeah, he is. I must have been thinking PS3.

titties posted:

PS4 GOONS 4 FREEROAM CONTENT tomorrow, September 15th @ 20:00 GMT -5

4.) Jonesy (PSN: Quim_Reaper_RIP)
5.) Zenzizenzizenzic (PSN: otiosely)
6.) Pretzel Rod Stewart (PSN: niceboyonline)

titties fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 15, 2015

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
hey maybe on pc we'll be hacker free for a couple of hours till the premium mod menus are updated.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

coupedeville posted:

tonight is the last night goon sir i am looking forward to it

see, you ARE leaving

BOO YOU WHORE :smith:

At least we (and meeting hellfaucet for once) had fun(?)!!

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
The update is now out for the XB1. It clocked in at 700mb in size. There is a new tab in the menu for the Rockstar Editor, but of course I can't test it because online is unavailable because of this update.

Edit: PS4 update is now ready.

Edit 2: I was able to get online, and I jumped right away into one of the new game modes. This is a 30 minute game.

I managed to make it to the 24 minute mark before one of the other players blew up my Karuma. I was able to walk away from that, but then he parked a jet on top of me and I couldn't move.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 15, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

mutata posted:

This kind of stuff is what I want more than new heists. Freeroam nonsense and little scripted games like king of the hill that Rockstar can make in a couple months are much better than huge, bloated (the amount of resources and time needed just to do cutscenes that everyone wants to skip as fast as possible is hilarious) quasi-cinematic missions that take years to make.

The first couple of heists I did as a crew member, I didn't even get to see the cutscenes because the leader skipped them, and it didn't suffer at all due to the voiceovers during the missions. I'd happily take heists with no cutscenes.

Anyway, hopefully I can jump on tonight and try the new content on PC.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Finally, all the job blips are gone. What a time to be alive.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

10/10 Update.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Thank the loving lord. Only took them two years.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
Quick question: with the new update am I still able to play Rooftop Rumble?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

These new events are pretty cool, easy to jump into and play but I wish they would show up more frequently. Also, the game seems to start "Recording" at times and I have no idea why. Like I was just loving around with a Cargobob and suddenly I got this notification about the game recording and a red filling circle, and I don't know what that does.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Policenaut posted:

These new events are pretty cool, easy to jump into and play but I wish they would show up more frequently. Also, the game seems to start "Recording" at times and I have no idea why. Like I was just loving around with a Cargobob and suddenly I got this notification about the game recording and a red filling circle, and I don't know what that does.

I thought I read somewhere they take place every 12 minutes, is it less frequently than that?

And if the event is across the map from you, do they give you time to get there?

Tonight will we be in a private session on PS4 or will we try the events in a public lobby? That latter might be fun long as there aren't too many of us.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Policenaut posted:

If on pc, if you use a controller to play but a keyboard button for push to talk they kind of do weird poo poo. If not on pc :iiam:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Kelly posted:

I thought I read somewhere they take place every 12 minutes, is it less frequently than that?

And if the event is across the map from you, do they give you time to get there?

I got three different recording notifications, all of which happened one after the other as I was getting into and mucking around stealing peoples' cars with the Cargobob. They all said they saved but I have no idea where, and it made me think that it was some kind of new Rockstar anti-cheat detection where they just randomly spy on people to keep them honest?

The game gives you quite a bit of warning that a new challenge is incoming. I was chilling out in the apartment reading the patch notes and I got a notification saying a challenge was about to begin and I could hit left to immediately leave my home to go outside and join it. Did that, couple minutes later the challenge popped up, and I had about 3 minutes to go get a bike for the "Stoppie Challenge". I did the Moving Target one which was pretty cool, but had to stop playing just before the Teen Wolf one.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Policenaut posted:

I got three different recording notifications, all of which happened one after the other as I was getting into and mucking around stealing peoples' cars with the Cargobob. They all said they saved but I have no idea where, and it made me think that it was some kind of new Rockstar anti-cheat detection where they just randomly spy on people to keep them honest?

The game gives you quite a bit of warning that a new challenge is incoming. I was chilling out in the apartment reading the patch notes and I got a notification saying a challenge was about to begin and I could hit left to immediately leave my home to go outside and join it. Did that, couple minutes later the challenge popped up, and I had about 3 minutes to go get a bike for the "Stoppie Challenge". I did the Moving Target one which was pretty cool, but had to stop playing just before the Teen Wolf one.

That is weird....and only two years too late. On the consoles cheating doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. And since they've essentially abandoned the last gen consoles, why would they even care if you cheat there?

I am super excited to jump on tonight, this sounds fun.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

There's some kind of new recording feature if you hold down on the d-pad and press X or Square, maybe you triggered it on accident somehow.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm not terribly enthused about new Heists, but to be fair I haven't actually done them all. I did the first two, they seemed like missions from the Singleplayer game except now instead of NPCs they are populated with people who have done the mission you are on 10,000 times and are looking for the most optimal way to do it in order to grind cash. I guess I never really gave them a fair shake.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

titties posted:

YES

PS4 FREEROAM CONTENT GOON ROOM tomorrow, September 15th at twenty-hundred Eastern, GMT -5

I'm down for this, PSN is also Brightman.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

8pm pst on ps4? Ill be on for at least an hour or two then. Im an old man, i jave to go to sleep early.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Policenaut posted:

heists were never a priority for them though

I definitely want to see more about these freeroam activities though

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

titties posted:

YES

PS4 FREEROAM CONTENT GOON ROOM tomorrow, September 15th at twenty-hundred Eastern, GMT -5

If y'all are still going in the evening (PST) I'll join.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Psion posted:

I definitely want to see more about these freeroam activities though

I haven't touched the new ones yet but freeroam activities have always been badly implemented so far.
If you steal a Simeon car, it automatically gives you a wanted level. If you pass through the purple circle for the distract the cops thing, it gives you an even bigger wanted level. If you go to one of the smaller airports to get a plane, it might put you in a gang attack automatically, and you'll probably get shot before can take off in the plane/helicopter.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
well yeah that's why I want to see what they did with the new ones. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Speaking of gang attacks, I think Rockstar might have circumvented that. When I was fiddling around with the Stoppie Challenge, I ran into one of those red circles on the map (I had disabled all the icons for everything except bare essentials) and I hung around in there for a minute thinking it was another event before I remembered what gang attacks were. There wasn't anyone in the circle. I do know that police can get involved though, when I was doing Moving Target by the end the target was being chased by four cars, a couple bikes, an Annihilator chopper, and a swarm of cops making for a really huge clusterfuck.

• Locked thread