Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

it's like a ghost town in here compared to 9/11. oh well I'm sure the numbers will be up for disappearance.

Also Monday v Friday is a big diff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Zas posted:

it's like a ghost town in here compared to 9/11. oh well I'm sure the numbers will be up for disappearance.

I'd be watching, but I'm at work right now :(

Ah well, later this evening perhaps

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zas posted:

Eating and watching instead of drinking and posting and watching.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Also Monday v Friday is a big diff

yeah true. actually I want to congratulate you because I would NOT have thought going into this that the EE was gonna be the most popular thing, which at this point seems like it'll be the case. (not that I'll complain if disappearance is even busier)

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kyon please stop complaining about the adorable costume.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Zas posted:

yeah true. actually I want to congratulate you because I would NOT have thought going into this that the EE was gonna be the most popular thing, which at this point seems like it'll be the case. (not that I'll complain if disappearance is even busier)

we watched the ee... and liked it this time :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love this shot.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Oh Koizumi you optimistic fool.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...I forget, have Koizumi or anyone explained why Haruhi can't know about her powers?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

I love this shot.

there are already a ton of great shots I've totally forgotten about I guess cause I've watched Sigh the least. but my memory of it was always much flatter than what we're seeing, which is a wonderful thing to be wrong about.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

It was a wild ride. Disappearance is gonna own but I probably won't post during it because I wanna watch it for the 7th time or whatever

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

...I forget, have Koizumi or anyone explained why Haruhi can't know about her powers?

Too unpredictable.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

yuki just said "indeterminable risks"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Your idiocy could save the world" haha I didn't remember that line.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ahahahaha, wow, Haruhi is loving this poo poo.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

i like how kyon gets more and more disgusted at his guy friends as the timeline progresses

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Linnaeus posted:

i like how kyon gets more and more disgusted at his guy friends as the timeline progresses

He should, his non SOS friends (all two of them) are pretty lame.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Considering the things she comes up with unconsciously, the poo poo she could consciously think up would be unreal

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

SUPER director

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

He should, his non SOS friends (all two of them) are pretty lame.

Tsuruya makes 3 at least, and she's much cooler

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Would love to have Haruhi sit in a chair and direct me...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Tsuruya makes 3 at least, and she's much cooler

I'm not sure she counts as a friend. I feel like I've only seen Kyon and Tsuruya speak like twice in this whole show. What's-his-face and whoever-he-is have at least been around more consistently.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

this guy doesn't know wtf is going on

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Linnaeus posted:

this guy doesn't know wtf

lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm not sure she counts as a friend. I feel like I've only seen Kyon and Tsuruya speak like twice in this whole show. What's-his-face and whoever-he-is have at least been around more consistently.

Rosenstern and Guildencrantz

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Rosenstern and Guildencrantz

Wiggs and Bedge

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Linnaeus posted:

this guy doesn't know wtf is going on

Lol this was in my notes. Arigato

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, he first met her at the baseball game if I remember correctly, and Mikuru was who brought her in. Tsuruya's deal will always be intriguing to me but that's not covered in the anime anyways, other than a couple of gags in Haruhi-chan.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

mikuru in a plug suit?? that's gotta exist somewhere

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

not a single woman in that crowd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

mikuru in a plug suit?? that's gotta exist somewhere

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
why is koizumi's hair 2 feet long

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I've gone from really hating to really enjoying Haruhi's dub voice actor

this new paradigm scares me

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"Don't worry! With your aim you'll never hit her anyway!"

Haruhi is mean. :smith:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

I've gone from really hating to really enjoying Haruhi's dub voice actor

this new paradigm scares me

I'm sure wendy lee is a wonderful woman but she is not suzumiya haruhi

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

the dub's okay for people who like that, but it sounds so wrong to me when haruhi or yuki speak

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Well. This hasn't been bad, but I'm not sure if I get this arc yet. Still, looking forward to the rest, and to the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

hope you're ready for some drama

• Locked thread