Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Klingtron posted:

A Ask the scholar about this and Chi in general.
You ask the scholar at work since he's probably the most knowledgeable of them all. He's always delighted when you ask him a question, as if you are testing him in a trivia game. "A question about Chi?" He spreads his fan as he considers your question, "In laymen terms, Chi is the energy, the life-force that keep us going. If a person stop breathing, he's a dead man." He closes his eyes and make a dead-man face to emphasize his point. Then folds his fan and rub his temple with its end, "The question you ask, however, are in regards to the superhuman feat that martial artist utilized with Chi. I personally has witnessed the amazing things they can do, but alas, I am a scholar without no interest for violence. The intrigue knowledge of how exactly Chi works elude me nor it is usually teaches to outsider. Well, you could with some money, but the only wealth I have in abundance is Knowledge!" He opens his eyes with satisfaction and tap your head with his fan, "I doubt you are doing what they can, you would had break something otherwise. " He spreads his fan to fan himself, "More importantly, where's my noodle?"

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Nyaa posted:

“The chi technique I taught you is acting weird when you knead the dough?” He restated your question while rubbing his white beard thoughtfully and then chuckle. “You must had hallucinated, my son-in-law. Breathing in so much air at once can make one’s head go light. All those dough dust must have got into your head.” He pours you a cup of tea. “Here, have a cup of tea to wash away your stress and learn to relax.” He empties his cup. “Even if it something to do with the breathing technique, I am merely a merchant who learned it from someone to be able to sleep better.”

"And who did you learn it from?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Liu reminiscent in his memories of the old days as he recalls the encounter. "Have you forgotten my tale? An unamed gentleman who refused to gave me his name that I was fortunate to met in my travel has cured my sleeplessness with this breathing method. He was gone by the time I woke up." He stoke his beard with remourse, "I hope to meet that person again and pay him back for his generosity."

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
A. Enough questions. If no one can tell us, we will have to research it for ourselves. We should try to make a noodle using no water at all, or maybe try to need a bowl of water with nothing else in it. We should try to feel the elements in our hands.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Is there no chance that Madam Foil or General Ba wander into our shop now and then? Or is ask a martial arts master limited to this moment and anyone in the room?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Klingtron posted:

A Ask the scholar about this and Chi in general.
You ask the scholar at work since he's probably the most knowledgeable of them all. He's always delighted when you ask him a question, as if you are testing him in a trivia game. "A question about Chi?" He spreads his fan as he considers your question, "In laymen terms, Chi is the energy, the life-force that keep us going. If a person stop breathing, he's a dead man." He closes his eyes and make a dead-man face to emphasize his point. Then folds his fan and rub his temple with its end, "The question you ask, however, are in regards to the superhuman feat that martial artist utilized with Chi. I personally has witnessed the amazing things they can do, but alas, I am a scholar without no interest for violence. The intrigue knowledge of how exactly Chi works elude me nor it is usually teaches to outsider. Well, you could with some money, but the only wealth I have in abundance is Knowledge!" He opens his eyes with satisfaction and tap your head with his fan, "I doubt you are doing what they can, you would had break something otherwise. " He spreads his fan to fan himself, "More importantly, where's my noodle?"

A, and go talk to Uncle Liu about this. This didn't happen until we started using his breathing techniques, he's bound to know something about what happened.
You ask Uncle Liu at the end of the day of what occurred. He raised an eye brow from his tea drinking.

“The chi technique I taught you is acting weird when you knead the dough?” He restated your question while rubbing his white beard thoughtfully and then chuckle. “You must had hallucinated, my son-in-law. Breathing in so much air at once can make one’s head go light. All those dough dust must have got into your head.” He pours you a cup of tea. “Here, have a cup of tea to wash away your stress and learn to relax.” He empties his cup. “Even if it something to do with the breathing technique, I am merely a merchant who learned it to be able to sleep better.”

There Bias Two posted:

"And who were you before you were a merchant?"
"Before?" Confused by your question, he states, "If you mean my previous occupation before becoming a merchant, I was an apprentice of my merchant mentor, Counting Kue."

Liu reminiscent in his memories of the old days as he recalls the encounter. "Have you forgotten my tale? An unamed gentleman who refused to gave me his name that I was fortunate to met in my travel has cured my sleeplessness with this breathing method. He was gone by the time I woke up." He stoke his beard with remourse, "I hope to meet that person again and pay him back for his generosity."
--------------------------------------------

You took to Uncle Liu's words and rest early that night. It might just be a case of overworking and hallucinating.

The next day, you woke up fully refreshed. However, you are still somewhat bothered by what happened and can’t really concentrate at school.

The moment you got the chance to knead the dough again at the noodle job, you redo what replicate the process all the way down to reciting the poem.

You achieved the same result from the same step. This weird feeling returns and you decide to experiment and figure out what exactly does it do.

After three days of meddling with this condition, you come to the following conclusion:
1) The strange feeling which you now call ‘Coarse’ because it make the skin of your affect area coarse. It always starts, no, gathers at your palm.
2) The longer you perform the exercise; the Coarse further extends toward your arm. The arm is as far as you tried. You classify the extension to the arm as the second stage of this condition.
3) You require single-minded focus to achieve this. Any distraction during the process will end in failure at maintaining the Coarse.
4) If you do this exercise long enough, the Coarse stays with you for a long time. You aren’t sure how it’s gone by the time you noticed it.
5) If you do not perform the exercise while the Coarse is within you, the next dough you processed with focus end up being extra absolvent to water and soup. The resulting noodle has greater texture, consistency, and tastes extra good. One stage of Coarse is gone when you do this.
6) Two stages of Coarse would be used up when you spend a bit longer time on the dough. The resulting taste almost rivals the Sea-food Noodle Soup of your master.

How should you proceed on this experimentation?
A) This is enough, end the experimentation.
B) Proceed to STAGE THREE
C) Why just stage three, GO ALL THE WAY!
D) Write-in

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 15, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

GloriousDemon posted:

Is there no chance that Madam Foil or General Ba wander into our shop now and then? Or is ask a martial arts master limited to this moment and anyone in the room?
You could, they haven't come to visit the noodle store the last three days. Both of them have their own 4-5 stars chef after all. Would you like to take a detour to visit them?

Alternatively, those mercenaries in your delivery job might be consider an expert in this topic.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 15, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

B

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
The Filial Child Cooks
Chinoodles Masterfully When he
Recites Noodly Haiku

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

C If this will kill us, let it be known that the Filial Child makes masterful noodles.

B On second thought, let's not let it get in the way of school.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 16, 2015

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

B I want to make the best noodles too, but let's not go too nuts with this and blow our hands off in search of the highest-quality dough or something.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
B We must master the fundamentals before we reach for perfection.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
B) Proceed to STAGE THREE!

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
D for detour.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
How should you proceed on this experimentation?
B) Proceed to STAGE THREE

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
My Arm is Coarser
Bringing quality Therein
My Noodle and Dough

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

A
B IIIIII
C II
D I

You let the feeling expand into the next stage. Your upper body is overcomed with Coarse. The world around you becomes narrow and unimportant. As the dough is now the only project you have all your eyes on at this critical moment of intense focus. You feel doing this is the most important thing in your life. You must finish making this dough into the perfection.

You can see and smell it! The structures of the dough, its pores, the amount of water it holds, its rate of absorbing water, the relation of the sun’s heat interacting with the dough! Someone is tapping you.

You stretch the dough from every angle of every corner. You know how far you can stretch each section of the dough before it begins to break. Someone is tapping you.

The dough is now wide like a silk and thin like paper. You make sure every inches of the dough is spread even and contain the same rigidity. Someone is shaking you.

You were pulled out of your immersion of your most important project of your life to find your master is shaking you hard and yelling your name.

“Filial Child! Filial Child! Are you alright!?” He screamed. You nod and notice everyone is looking at you with a strange look on their face. “Your body and hair is turning gray! What’s going on!?”

You feel your hair as he said that, a few strands of grey hair come off easily from the pressure. It’s still mostly black, but you notice a tint of grey at the beginning. Despite the coarse feeling, you think you are pretty healthy?

Your master touches your face, “Holy Noodle! Your face is coarse!” He looks toward the scholar and ask, “Is this sunstroke?”

The scholar slowly shakes his head uncertainly, “If this is a sunstroke, it’s the worst sunstroke I ever seen! You might want to take him to the doctor… A good one.”

Your master looks back at you, “It’s alright, boy. I know a doc that can fix anything!”

You…
A) Go with Nood to his doc
B) Go home and talk to Uncle Liu
C) Return to work on the dough, they are just overreacting.
D) Write-in

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 16, 2015

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

B How about how that hyperventilating we were doing, Uncle Liu? Sure is weird how we just hyperventilated so hard our hair turned grey, Uncle Liu. Sure is a good thing we didn't stumble into something we're too young for because you didn't tell us anything, Uncle Liu.

Changed my mind. This right here. This is where it's at. B.

Tyrannosaurus fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 16, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
C. All aboard!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

A Time to consult the help.

Klingtron
Sep 10, 2011
A Maybe the doctor knows about chi

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You…
C) Return to work on the dough, they are just overreacting.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

B How about how that hyperventilating we were doing, Uncle Liu? Sure is weird how we just hyperventilated so hard our hair turned grey, Uncle Liu. Sure is a good thing we didn't stumble into something we're too young for because you didn't tell us anything, Uncle Liu.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Liu may really not know poo poo?

You know who does? Our friend's families

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SerSpook posted:

Liu may really not know poo poo?

You know who does? Our friend's families

Yeah, didn't we just see two kung fu masters fight?

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
A
Maybe we are actually ill with some sort of chi illness? I'm worried now.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Keep spending [???]

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Can we just go talk to General Ba and Madame Li instead? Find some real experts.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Nondevor posted:

Can we just go talk to General Ba and Madame Li instead? Find some real experts.
Yeah, write-in the vote and win it. We could ask them later too.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
It's time to get our Gushing Spring Point poked!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Uhg. Stop choosing questions and choose adventure.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
Stop asking laymen, just ask the two martial arts masters whose respect we already earned. Stop diving head long into forces we don't understand and killing ourselves.

D. Ask General Ba and Madam Li what's going on.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Question for Nyaa

Do we poop?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Question for Nyaa

Do we poop?
We do. Maybe not after this though. Who knows.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Nyaa posted:

We do. Maybe not after this though. Who knows.

:tinfoil:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

GloriousDemon posted:

Stop asking laymen, just ask the two martial arts masters whose respect we already earned. Stop diving head long into forces we don't understand and killing ourselves.

Yeah, this. Let's try to age naturally guys instead of literally turning into dust.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

GloriousDemon posted:

This sounds good.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011

GloriousDemon posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
A, doctors know their chi-poo poo, dude. Maybe we flubbed a roll and have a chi imbalance. That would be Bad News.