Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Look Under The Rock posted:

Also the time to push this is not 25 minutes to deadline.

Fair, I just got home from work. But I did try to explain myself regarding my vote in more detail almost 12 hours ago.

Alehkhs posted:

I'm believe they received the same buddy benefits, but Opop decided to muddy the poo poo out of everything and go "well, technically I'm just VT with a 'buddy cop' power."

One of them sending their results to a VT and one of them sending their results to another buddy cop is fine, if we accept that "buddy cop" is a power you receive connected to the buddy you chose. We were told that some buddy powers might be unidrectional, and I think "buddy cop" might be one such power given how both Rarity and Opop described it. For all we know, Section 31's buddy cop status would have allowed him to cop a person and have those results sent to another person - the buddy S31 chose - rather than back to Opop.

Sure, I'm still suspicious of Rarity overall, but for mostly just gut feelings. In your case, with the whole buddy cop thing (accepting that even just one of the two players claiming to have been buddy cops is telling the truth) it just seems really strange that there would then be normal cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm here!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I meant to quote bottleknight saying he wished I was here, I'm not so self important I just announce my thread entry every time

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I meant to quote bottleknight saying he wished I was here, I'm not so self important I just announce my thread entry every time

You should start doing this tbh

Be aware that deadline is in 20

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 2

Rarity (5): Look Under The Rock, Opopanax, Hal Incandenza, BottleKnight, chaoslord
chaoslord (2): Rarity, Alehkhs
Hal Incandenza (1): MMM Whatchya Say, BottleKnight, BottleKnight
Opopanax (1): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Birdstrike, Podima, Podima
Birdstrike (0): BottleKnight, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, Podima, chaoslord, Podima, BottleKnight, Hal Incandenza
MMM Whatchya Say (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): Podima

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 19 minutes.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

BottleKnight posted:

Okay but, and I don't want to mafia dad you, but lynching someone is always better for town than not lynching anyone.

And I'm willing to admit this is my first game, so I'm pretty much expecting to be a frustration to many.

Question: How many cops is normal for a game (roughly)? And would the apparent abundance of buddy cops affect that in your mind? How many buddy cops before being a cop cop is suspicious?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Alehkhs posted:

And I'm willing to admit this is my first game, so I'm pretty much expecting to be a frustration to many.

Question: How many cops is normal for a game (roughly)? And would the apparent abundance of buddy cops affect that in your mind? How many buddy cops before being a cop cop is suspicious?

The buddy power thing is a unique mechanic to this game, so I can't really speak to how expected or unexpected any of this is. Cops, as well, are a huge variable that differ greatly game to game. Nothing is 'usual' about any of this in my experience, so it's impossible to rely on setup spec until we have more information. That's just my take on it though.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM are you willing to move?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Here's my case on Hal:

• Self conscious about his low post count, which is not normally something he worries about
  • Paws around at cases and backs out without much conviction - shows he's more worried about figuring out who can get votes than who is scum
  • Cased me, backed off then sort of weakly suggested me as part of a scum team later - seems like he wasn't genuine about backing down or his read was entirely forced to begin with
  • Stopped posting when pressure was off - to me reads like he was only posting to push pressure away

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

The buddy power thing is a unique mechanic to this game, so I can't really speak to how expected or unexpected any of this is. Cops, as well, are a huge variable that differ greatly game to game. Nothing is 'usual' about any of this in my experience, so it's impossible to rely on setup spec until we have more information. That's just my take on it though.

I would say 0 or 1 cops is pretty typical in a "normal" setup, but yeah the buddy thing makes things weird

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hal can be a cuddle tomorrow then? I can swap my vote given the claims

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MMM, did you see Hal's claim?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

oh poo poo I guess there's not really time for hal

uh

I guess I would move my vote. I haven't really gotten to wrap my had too well around the various claims but Rarity is an alright vote

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

chaoslord posted:

MMM, did you see Hal's claim?

Man I am behind!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I think Hal remains a good vote but at this stage ##vote Rarity

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ok we can chat about that tomorrow

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:redhammer:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 2

Rarity (6): Look Under The Rock, Opopanax, Hal Incandenza, BottleKnight, chaoslord, Birdstrike
chaoslord (2): Rarity, Alehkhs
Hal Incandenza (1): MMM Whatchya Say, BottleKnight, BottleKnight
Birdstrike (0): BottleKnight, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, Podima, chaoslord, Podima, BottleKnight, Hal Incandenza
Opopanax (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Birdstrike, Podima, Podima, Birdstrike
MMM Whatchya Say (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): Podima

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 minutes.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Rarity, Town-aligned Vanilla, Buddy Cop, has been cut out Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Night Actions please.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No One, No-one-aligned Nobody, NoBuddy, has died Night 2.

It is now Day 3.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (9): Alehkhs, Birdstrike, BottleKnight, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, Look Under The Rock, MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax, Podima

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 18th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Well then. Who does the mob go after now?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
More on-topic, how's everyone feeling about chaoslord now? Just how many buddy cops can there be before a normal cop stands out?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal's town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A game with a bunch of buddy cops, then a regular cop who is insane or something, would be Amoeba as gently caress. I don't actually have any evidence to support it but I'm not going to be surprised if there's something wrong with choas. Assuming he's telling the truth.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Opopanax posted:

A game with a bunch of buddy cops, then a regular cop who is insane or something, would be Amoeba as gently caress. I don't actually have any evidence to support it but I'm not going to be surprised if there's something wrong with choas. Assuming he's telling the truth.

Well if I'm insane then I have found two scum :toot:

I'm going to operate under the assumption that I'm sane, though.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I got info as well that Hal is town, and I find it unlikely that both chaoslord and my buddy would be insane. Not ruling out godfathers though.

I protected chaoslord last night, so with the no-kill I think he's likely town, unless there's some ridiculously wifommy poo poo going down.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm not trying to rolefish but did anyone else do anything that could've prevented the kill? Because clearing chaoslord would be immensely helpful to town atm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

I'm not trying to rolefish but did anyone else do anything that could've prevented the kill? Because clearing chaoslord would be immensely helpful to town atm

I guess scum could have stupidly tried to kill me but that seems highly unlikely

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I guess scum could have stupidly tried to kill me but that seems highly unlikely

Agreed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:ghost:

Wow I thought we were buddies :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

We can be ghost buddies.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

chaoslord posted:

Hal's town

Birdstrike posted:

I got info as well that Hal is town, and I find it unlikely that both chaoslord and my buddy would be insane. Not ruling out godfathers though.

I protected chaoslord last night, so with the no-kill I think he's likely town, unless there's some ridiculously wifommy poo poo going down.

Opopanax posted:

A game with a bunch of buddy cops, then a regular cop who is insane or something, would be Amoeba as gently caress.

Hmmm... This cop poo poo is a mess, but this looks pretty good for chaoslord. Which means that I'm the dick here.

I hope we can still be.... buddies, chaoslord.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Alehkhs posted:

Hmmm... This cop poo poo is a mess, but this looks pretty good for chaoslord. Which means that I'm the dick here.

I hope we can still be.... buddies, chaoslord.

This is the most forced post in the whole game ##vote alekhs

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

MMM has voted twice in this game, for 31 and for Hal. He also said that he would vote for Ecco before Ecco offed herself. He also said Rarity was a good vote. Because I believe Hal, and MMM has been lurking pretty hard, I find it very likely that he is scum.

That whole posting a case on Hal before actually catching up with the thread thing also seemed like intentionally playing dumb.

##vote MMM

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

And honestly, I do read MMM as scum, but even if you just think he's a lurker he'd be good to get rid of before the endgame.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Hey bottle, what do you think of alekhs?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

I think no one can spell my name correctly.

More seriously,

This is the most forced post in the whole game ##vote alekhs

I was thought it was chaoslord for a weak reason, but a reason that stuck out to me. Now that evidence is coming out to the contrary, I no longer feel that the reason is enough to say they're scum.

I'm not sure how that makes me scum in your eyes.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I think that for a newbie he reads earnestly and is rightfully skeptical of certain things. If he is scum, I haven't gotten that from his posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It's probably time for an actual list, so I'm going to fullclaim that I am vanilla town who is a buddyguard with Opop. I die in place of him with either NK's or executions. So I think he's town, because if he were scum, that would be remarkably lovely and I don't care about this game anyways.

confirmed thru flip:

ecco - town-aligned vig, buddyguards with BK
Section 31 - town-aligned vanilla, buddycop (unconfirmed: with Opop)
Asiina, town-aligned vanilla, victory buddy
Rarity, town-aligned vanilla, buddy cop (unconfirmed: with Asiina), masons with chaos

unconfirmed (everyone who's alive):

Alehkhs: unknown
BK - vanilla, buddyguards with Opop
Birdstrike - doc, buddy power unknown, says he learned I am town
chaoslord - cop, masons with rarity
Hal - 1-shot bp, watches buddy LUTR every night
LUTR - unknown
MMM - unknown
Opop - vanilla, buddycop with Section 31
Podima - unknown

I think Hal could be scum, but probably only if LUTR is scum, and I find that whole string being unlikely.

If I missed anything please let me know.

Also I am NOT asking anyone to claim, especially if your role is beneficial for scum not to know. I just want to flesh out the game and spot possible contradictions.

• Locked thread