Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

when the lizard guy started talking about eternally dying stillborn ghost-babies i wasn't expecting to actually see one immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I imagine we'll get to see what Sette's worst day was?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Dawn's worst day :cry:

gently caress this comic, death is the god's crime indeed

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Please don't transform and eat Dawn's face, baby. :ohdear:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Wow that's... that's not something we've seen Sette do before... is it?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
What, step on a baby? You must have forgotten about the "Orphanage Massacre" arc.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
She only stepped on the pymaric that enchanted her hair, actually; the smoke eels were just hiding in it.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah I misread the page, on first view I thought she was grabbing the pymary directly rather than the enchanted hat.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
You know, this only just occurred to me. Wasn't it confirmed awhile back that the ocean is beyond the reach of the Khert?

If they actually do manage to flood that thing out, all those miserable souls will be trapped in pain at the bottom of the ocean forever. Kinda bleak, unless I'm misremembering something.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
I'll help 'em on their way t'hell!

Never thought I'd see Sette as such a badass

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

tentacles posted:

I'll help 'em on their way t'hell!

Never thought I'd see Sette as such a badass
Looking pretty badass in the 6th panel too.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

Looking pretty badass in the 6th panel too.

Yeah I guess she's done screwing around after some alone time with Starfish

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bad Seafood posted:

You know, this only just occurred to me. Wasn't it confirmed awhile back that the ocean is beyond the reach of the Khert?

If they actually do manage to flood that thing out, all those miserable souls will be trapped in pain at the bottom of the ocean forever. Kinda bleak, unless I'm misremembering something.

well, they aren't really souls. not whole souls, anyway. just the pain and trauma and grief and all that jazzy fun stuff.

honestly by comparison to what they've been doing in the khert just feedbacking off each other, soaking in the black brine doesn't sound so bad

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I could foresee an analogy to nuclear waste here.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Tollymain posted:

well, they aren't really souls. not whole souls, anyway. just the pain and trauma and grief and all that jazzy fun stuff.
I read Cutter's speech as him saying he kept their souls from dispersing and separating, keeping them whole, conscious, and lucid.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

I read Cutter's speech as him saying he kept their souls from dispersing and separating, keeping them whole, conscious, and lucid.

I'm pretty sure that the whole souls he has strapped into that thing are kept in tremendous constant agony. I don't think they are lucid anymore.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Fair enough.

It's a terrible fate either way. Ashley probably won't do this, but I'm hoping they'll manage some form of release.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I am ready for starfish to get what's coming to him.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Y'know, I like how many comic frames we've had since Unsounded started.

I'm fond of the flashback/quiet day frame still

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Quinton posted:

There's a whole gizmo being set up to send stuff into the ocean. Starfish are ocean-dwelling creatures. Make it happen, Sette.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

starfish are proud creatures, they prefer to hunt alone

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Quinton posted:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Oh, Starfish, your karma's about to break its chain and gobble you the gently caress up.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The animated tit pymarics being mutated, toothy monsters and trying to kill people are only the second-worst thing on this page. loving Starfish.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Quantum Finger posted:

Dawn's worst day :cry:

gently caress this comic, death is the god's crime indeed

i spoke too soon

gently caress, i liked her a lot

I mean, maybe she'll pull through but I doubt it. Unsounded is a bunch of first silver feeding on our pain and I kind of love it and hate it at the same time. I hope Starfish gets his, but as an author I love to gently caress with people and let the bad guys win and Ashley seems like that kind of author.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
These links contain spoilers about Dawn's likely fate:

http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/129054165395/
http://unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/129547616755/

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Thank you for the links. VERY SPOILERY for anyone interested.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Have we seen any effective doctors that aren't black tongues at this point?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Have we seen any effective doctors that aren't black tongues at this point?

Most of the people our protagonists have been in contact with are those on the fringes of society, with problems that are either too severe or too expensive for regular medical treatment. That's why they come to Bastion.

As for Delicieu, he is not a doctor. He cuts. He does not uncut.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007
Toma, stop hitting yourself

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

He just keeps getting better and better.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Duane's such a goober, even when he's trying to be deadly serious he can't stop talking. Guess he needs to say something since he doesn't need to speak to cast.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I really need to do a reread to see if the whole "loves to give academic lectures about pymary" deal has been part of Duane's characterization the entire time, or something that woke up when he mentioned having failed better wrights than Quigley or whatever it was he said along those lines during their first fight, because I can't remember it happening before then but it's AMAZING.

EDIT: he's like zombie Bill Nye the Pymary Guy.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
He made fun of Bett during his first encounter with the Red Berry Boys back at the start, but Bett got chumped so quickly Duane didn't really have a chance to get into it.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Duane has always been pompous and verbose. Quigley comments on it after their duel.

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch05/ch05_44.html

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 2, 2015

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Another advantage of being a tacit caster, he can lecture you at the same time he's casting at you.

Or, disadvantage, perhaps...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

reignonyourparade posted:

I really need to do a reread to see if the whole "loves to give academic lectures about pymary" deal has been part of Duane's characterization the entire time, or something that woke up when he mentioned having failed better wrights than Quigley or whatever it was he said along those lines during their first fight, because I can't remember it happening before then but it's AMAZING.

EDIT: he's like zombie Bill Nye the Pymary Guy.

Duane was a martial pymary instructor back in Alderode. He is literally accredited in lecturing people while beating their asses.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Knock-Me-Down Frummagem battling with Sette for best Frummagem.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Duane was a martial pymary instructor back in Alderode. He is literally accredited in lecturing people while beating their asses.

Best wright in centuries! *Rainbows*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
WHAT THE gently caress IS HAPPENING IN THIS COMIC :confused: