Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ytlaya posted:

Why would you be upset about now Nero when you rolled a Arturia? She's pretty much better in every way.

Because Arturia is lame and Nero is extremely cool and good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ytlaya posted:

Question - when leveling up craft essences is it a good idea to feed lower star ones to other lower star ones and then feed those to the one you want to level, or you should just feed your craft essence a bunch of level 1 1-3* craft essences?

Feed them directly to the one you want to level. The level of the consumed card doesn't appear to matter, only its rarity.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

For that matter, CEs can also have their level cap raised(max is listed in the compendium). In their case, by feeding them a duplicate of themselves. This is still done during the normal process for leveling them, so they still give you exp as well.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

For that matter, CEs can also have their level cap raised(max is listed in the compendium). In their case, by feeding them a duplicate of themselves. This is still done during the normal process for leveling them, so they still give you exp as well.

Yeah, and once you do that 4 times and reach their max "ascension" their passive ability improves (for example the Bazett 600% crit star weight card changes to 800% and the 80% NP from Kaleidoscope changes to 100%).

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Who ya gonna call?

source: there was a link here, it's gone now

Compendium fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 3, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe I'm relying on daily rewards for Quartz's.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Well this is awkward

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, for the enemy team!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Fuckin' finally.

By the way, there's something i've been wondering. Does attack buffs affect NP damage as well? Like, i'm pretty sure that stuff like Saber's Buster powerup skilla boosts her NP as well, but do regular attack buffs (like the Master skill) also boost them?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are you fuckin kidding me

I hate this game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I need 40 more quartz before the next gilgamesh event ends, rip

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Getting owned by the gacha hurts, but at least you're not alone. We all suffer.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Baal posted:

Are you fuckin kidding me

I hate this game

Is that the 5 star Shirou CE? If so that roll could be worse; I imagine that ones with a 4 star CE +all other cards being 3 stars is the most common. (edit: Ah, it is Limited/Over Zero; that's a really awesome craft essence! It increases your buster damage by 25% which is really huge.)

edit: Is it possible to trade in medals for the Nero event yet? I can't find where to do so.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 21, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Not yet.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're probably gonna make the shop available on the Finals.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Okay, so after discovering the Type-Moon thread had been completely taken over by this weeaboo fightamagic game, I decided to give it a try. I couldn't find a good newbie-specific Babby's First FTP guide, only some general ones, so I figured I'd throw some questions out here:

Is this game like Puzzle and Dragon, where you need top-level poo poo and if you don't roll a Best-class dude at the start, you're doomed to spend $300 before the REAL game can start? I ask because I was planning on rerolling my starting Servant to get something I loved, but I ended up rolling this glorious motherfucker:

and I want to make sure I'm not making the game impossible by staying with him.

Is there a specific thing I should avoid doing while playing? I imagine 'don't spend rainbow magic crystals unless you hear there's a big event going on,' but anything else I should know?

Is there any way to get rainbow magic crystals without paying hard cash?

Thanks for the presumed help, I'm lost in a sea of Japanese but I like the swordsplosions.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Red Saber's tits game on fleek doe

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

John Lee posted:

Is this game like Puzzle and Dragon, where you need top-level poo poo and if you don't roll a Best-class dude at the start, you're doomed to spend $300 before the REAL game can start? I ask because I was planning on rerolling my starting Servant to get something I loved, but I ended up rolling this glorious motherfucker:
The quick answer is no. It may become mandatory to have a 4-5 stars team in future end game expansions though. You can actually get a free 4 stars from a recent event too.

Good timing on your post btw, I was going to post comment about 1 star Kojiro on how powerful his NP damage (1200% ! The average is like 400-500%) can be if it wasn't for his low 5k atk. His NP can deal 4 stars np damage or 5 stars if you overcharge it to like 300% NP bar.

Then I look up your glorious motherfuker and it have the same NP damage at 7k max atk! He's literally the servant that can deal one of the highest single target NP damage! (Ignoring berserker and their gimmick, but I am pretty sure he could hit harder than their NP)

Unfortunately, 300% NP charge is unrealistic to achieve at the current state of the game besides a few servant like Maeda (3 stars that anyone can get). However, I imaging him and kojiro could be amazing boss killer in the future.

Non-boss wise, his atk is a bit low imo and so a bit worst at killing regular monster than other servant. He does make it up by having a lot of team damage buff though. So I would say he is good for general purpose and a great boss killer.

I would recommend re-roll for 5 stars though. Vlad or Jeanne are top picks.

quote:

Is there a specific thing I should avoid doing while playing? I imagine 'don't spend rainbow magic crystals unless you hear there's a big event going on,' but anything else I should know?
Hmm, save your skill up/ascension items for your eventual main team of 4-5 stars.

quote:

Is there any way to get rainbow magic crystals without paying hard cash?
You get some for continuous login and whenever server maintenance for usually 4 crystal.

Edit: Forgot to mention Kojiro can singlehandedly carry you pass France and Rome. He is amazing for a 1 star.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 21, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

John Lee posted:

As Nyaa said, it currently isn't necessary to have a 4/5 star servant with most of the current content, but it may be in the future so it would probably be a good idea to reroll for one anyways. Even then, there isn't quite as massive of a difference as you see in a game like Puzzles and Dragons, primarily due to the fact that passives aren't nearly as huge* (whereas they're basically team-defining and 100% necessary in P&D). The main differences are the fact that higher star servants have a higher max level and, as a result, ascend at higher levels (1* has its first ascension at 20, 5* at 50, with each maxing at 60/90 respectively). The latter is a mixed bag; on one hand, you can reach a higher level without having to grind up difficult to find ascension materials (which are currently the biggest grind in the game probably). On the other, ascending gives your servant additional skills, so a lower star servant will receive its second ability far sooner than a higher star one.

One thing I don't think he addressed is that, currently, there don't seem to be any of the "rate up on rare pulls" events like Puzzles and Dragons does every couple weeks. The closest thing we've had is events that up the rate on a handful of a specific servants (that range from 3*-5*). So there isn't really much of a need to wait until a specific event to spend your crystals, unless there's a specific servant you want from that event.

edit: Oh, one other important thing that I wish I knew early on. Servants can have one of three types of stat progression (as outlined in Kyte's post here: http://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/entry.php/3287-Stat-Progression-Curves). As a result, servants with S growth curves are going to seem way weaker than other servants until they reach level 30+. I remember thinking that some servants just seemed arbitrarily far stronger than others when I first started playing, but everything will even out later on. If anything, S growth curves actually seem preferable later on (once you can easily level a servant up to ~30+).

*For example, the very strongest passives will do stuff like increase Buster card damage by 10%, and they only apply to the servant itself, not the whole party.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 22, 2015

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

So there isn't really much of a need to wait until a specific event to spend your crystals, unless there's a specific servant you want from that event.
My only reason is that I already have a team of 4-5 stars and don't really need any specific servant, so I am saving it for future new servant. I am assuming they will add a lot for each new world map expansion since servant interlude are tie to the map.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

So I'm cool to spend these green handshake magics, too? Good to know.

Thanks for the protips; I notice both of you said to reroll for a four or five star hero, but I fell in love with this guy's potbelly, so he stays.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nyaa posted:

My only reason is that I already have a team of 4-5 stars and don't really need any specific servant, so I am saving it for future new servant. I am assuming they will add a lot for each new world map expansion since their interlude are ties to the map.

Oh, I agree, that's certainly a good reason and I'm doing the same thing now. But there isn't much of one for the purposes of someone just starting out, whereas in Puzzles and Dragons it's generally regarded as Really Stupid to roll at any time other than the periodic events.

John Lee, you may want to save up until you have 40 quartzes before spending them. There's a slight benefit to doing multi-rolls - you get a guaranteed 4* card (which can be either a servant or craft essence; usually the latter) and a 3* servant. The benefit is only slight since the chance of not getting a single 4* in 10 single rolls is itself kind of low, but it's still a better idea.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

There's also a few low stars servant that is worth having for their gimmick like Meada super fast charging NP spam or Hassan crit star generating plus 80% instant death at lv1 charge.

John Lee posted:

Thanks for the protips; I notice both of you said to reroll for a four or five star hero, but I fell in love with this guy's potbelly, so he stays.
Go here to get your free 4 stars servant. Deadline is sep 30.

Here's a good wiki for the game.

And here's my friend ID: 357883947

People been using my Jeanne ever since she can generate 5 stars for three turns. She will tank you through France, hopefully.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I have a new account where I won't haphazardly throw my quartz down the drain so here's my new ID.

I'll still be on my other one juuuust in case, but at least I'll play more intelligently than I did during my first run. At least I can have a free four star on this account even if the quartz rolls fail me again.

edit; holy poo poo, I rolled Nero on this account, already an improvement

Compendium fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 22, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I can die now.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Thanks, Nyaa; I'll use your Jeanne if I start having any serious problems

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

John Lee posted:

Thanks, Nyaa; I'll use your Jeanne if I start having any serious problems

Just in case you don't know, there is zero downside to using support servants; all of your servants will gain support points (xp is only gained through feeding XP cards*) regardless of whether you use them during a battle. So you might as well abuse high level friends unless you just prefer the challenge.

Speaking of which, here is my code with a level 58 Gilgamesh as the leader: 150865798

*ignoring the negligible amount you get if you decide to feed servants to each other for some bizarre reason

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

So, do the starting Servants vary by day or something? Because I seem to recall that your starting Servant is guaranteed to be one of the ones in the background, but I also seem to recall people have gotten ones like Elizabeth Bathory or EMIYA as their starter. Asking because I'm currently rerolling and the only 4* Servants I'm seeing in the background after several rerolls are Saint Martha, Carmilla and Le Chevalier d'Eon.

Mainly just tired of having gone through something like 200-240 quartz, all in 40 quartz batches, and have only gotten a single 4*+ Servant - and not even a particularly good one at that. Thus, just going to continue rerolling until I start with something decent this time.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Lord Koth posted:

So, do the starting Servants vary by day or something? Because I seem to recall that your starting Servant is guaranteed to be one of the ones in the background, but I also seem to recall people have gotten ones like Elizabeth Bathory or EMIYA as their starter. Asking because I'm currently rerolling and the only 4* Servants I'm seeing in the background after several rerolls are Saint Martha, Carmilla and Le Chevalier d'Eon.
Huh, I also recall reading about the first servant roll being limited to the 3-4 stars one in the background. Since John Lee just rolled a fat saber, I guess it include the old background too?

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 22, 2015

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Free 10 Quartz following the next maintenance :woop:

Too bad it's not going to last me long because I'll be spending that to try to farm for a Reverse Dragon Scale. I did 18 runs of the Bond EXP daily this past Sunday and that drat dragon only dropped an item once and it was only a gold Rider skill upgrade item :argh:. I will even need to expand inventory past 100 because I'm sitting on a bunch of 4-star EXP cards.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I can't wait to spend every single one of those quartz farming Berserker and Rider monuments.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Big patch incoming. This will require you to download the updated version from the app store.

quote:

Maintenance Contents:
Nero Festival Changes
-"Exchange Event Items" button added to the Shop (allows trading of Nero Festival event items for limited time items)
-Lamias will be able to drop 術の輝石 (blue skill stone for Casters) (this applies to the Nero Festival Finals, which haven't even started yet...)

Battle Part Improvements:
-High-speed battle mode implemented
-Adjusted certain animations (battle tempo up)
-Added ability to reselect cards in Command Phase
-Show class advantage/disadvantage in Command Phase
-Show the effects of class advantage/disadvantage in damage numbers
-Adjusted display of effects for 1st Bonus and Chain effects
-Show wave # on the battle screen

Upgrading Improvements:
-Allow use of stat up cards even on servants that have reached level cap

Other Improvements:
-Overall improved UI
-Help text added and edited throughout game
-Added ability to skip Present Box animations
-Number of items able to be accepted from Present Box at once increased from 10 to 20
-Unlock conditions for Interludes displayed per servant

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed bug where skill effects that strengthened command cards were not displayed
-Added countermeasures against bug where freeze during loading would cause lost AP without starting battle (hopefully this also fixes the bug where the battle starts but it turns out you get deducted double AP at the end, which has happened to me more times than I care to count...)
-Added countermeasures against bug where freeze during draws would appear as if draw had no effect
-Added countermeasures against decreased performance when large number of critical stars dropped
-Fixed some typos
-Fixed some bugs in upgrading servant skills (corrected display of upgrade items required for upgrading Benkei's Jin'oudachi skill from Lvl 8->9)
-In order to prevent some bugs, removed ability to have line breaks in Master names
-Removed ability to set Master birthday as 2/29
-Fixed bug where servant expressions "Embarassed" and "Sad", and "Anger" and "Yell" were flipped in My Room/Level Up
-Fixed bug where enemy single target Noble Phantasms always targeted lead character
-Removed the nonfunctional "News Notifications" button from options
-Android push notifications were not working as intended, so adjusted

Usual Apology Quartz:
10 Quartz!!!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
all of these improvements are good and i can't say no to 10 more quartz

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

quote:

-Removed ability to set Master birthday as 2/29

Why???

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

Big patch incoming. This will require you to download the updated version from the app store.

That bug where servants would apparently appear angry/yelling instead of embarrassed/sad sounds like it must have been pretty hilarious for the players fluent in the language.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

That bug where servants would apparently appear angry/yelling instead of embarrassed/sad sounds like it must have been pretty hilarious for the players fluent in the language.
I imagine all tsundere responds sounded like "I REALLY HATE YOU! GO DIE!"

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I actually set my birthday to this and now I'm curious what's gonna happen.

Thank god for the ability to reselect commands. I'm so god drat good at picking the worst possible combinations then realizing it as I lock in the last one.

"Fixed bug where enemy single target Noble Phantasms always targeted lead character" this one is gonna gently caress me. I've been doing the 5ap event for master exp, and Kojiro always attacking the lead was the only thing keeping my team alive.

:woop: just finished France and got Saber Alter up to a good level.

XENA I LOVE YOU fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 22, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

I actually set my birthday to this and now I'm curious what's gonna happen.

Thank god for the ability to reselect commands. I'm so god drat good at picking the worst possible combinations then realizing it as I lock in the last one.

"Fixed bug where enemy single target Noble Phantasms always targeted lead character" this one is gonna gently caress me. I've been doing the 5ap event for master exp, and Kojiro always attacking the lead was the only thing keeping my team alive.

:woop: just finished France and got Saber Alter up to a good level.

Ahh gently caress me I used to lol when I used Eye of the Mind to no-sell enemy NPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
loving lol