Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kelster11
Mar 9, 2005

You want me to clamp him boss?
Man, Gaethje is really fun to watch but he takes a lot of punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

That main event owned.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
I'm not around on these forums much these days so maybe I'm just completely stupid and missing it, but is there really no Dynamite GDT up anywhere? I've planned my whole day around sitting on my rear end and typing to people on the Internet about it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I'm not around on these forums much these days so maybe I'm just completely stupid and missing it, but is there really no Dynamite GDT up anywhere? I've planned my whole day around sitting on my rear end and typing to people on the Internet about it.

what time does it start? I'll join you.

Because I have no friends and no family.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

CommonShore posted:

what time does it start? I'll join you.

Because I have no friends and no family.

Prelims at 6:30. Main card at 9. I haven't yet personally figured out if there's a way to actually watch the prelims though.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Prelims at 6:30. Main card at 9. I haven't yet personally figured out if there's a way to actually watch the prelims though.

that's est?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Spike.com i think

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I didn't even know this was happening today and my dumb rear end bought tickets to see The Killers :eng99:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

I didn't even know this was happening today and my dumb rear end bought tickets to see The Killers :eng99:

Yeah man. I had it in my head that this was going to be a New Years Eve show (Dynamite, anyone?), and when on like Wednesday someone posted about it "this weekend..." I was like "the gently caress?"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
gonna get drinks with a friend at Original Gravity prior and Trials after, so if anyone goes and you see a dork in a sling that's me and i'll buy you a beer and we can have a philosophical discussion on Tito Ortiz, :ortiz:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I offered but didn't get much pop and figured it would hit 2-3 pages max so it wasn't worth it.

It'll be a fun card though and everyone should watch it!

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

CommonShore posted:

that's est?

Oh, yes. Sorry.

I might go ahead and do a quick GDT for the hell of it. I don't remember at all what I used to put in them in that brief span where I was making them though

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh, yes. Sorry.

I might go ahead and do a quick GDT for the hell of it. I don't remember at all what I used to put in them in that brief span where I was making them though

Go for some kind of Asian/Redneck mashup theme in honour of the event's hybridity.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Put this in the op
https://vine.co/v/eUQwr5HhlZ2

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I lied. I've got something to do now as it turns out. But just imagine that it was really cool and that I spent a bunch of time in Photoshop stitching together graphics from the old Dynamite!! events which is what I was planning to do.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5fHmcAdFRw

bamma prelims are already on. keep an eye on regis sugden on the main card, he's only 3-0 right now but he's going to do big things.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
I really want tito ortiz to win

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

-Atom- posted:

gonna get drinks with a friend at Original Gravity prior and Trials after, so if anyone goes and you see a dork in a sling that's me and i'll buy you a beer and we can have a philosophical discussion on Tito Ortiz, :ortiz:

Christ I didn't find out it was in San Jose until like yesterday.

Original Gravity owns though

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
on the bamma prelims an irish guy head kicked a dude so hard it made him try to duck and cover, then in the post fight interview the interviewer tried to prod him into saying he wanted a title shot but instead he was like "there's a ufc event here in 5 weeks, i'd rather fight there"

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

I knew it was in the area and didn't really care until I saw a picture showing that Sakuraba is here :smith:

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

I really want tito ortiz to win

Is there a better matchup available for Tito Ortiz than McGeary? Lanky striker with the takedown defense of a broom is pretty much the only matchup I'd favor Tito in at this point.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't wait

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Chris James 2 posted:

I can't wait

hahahaha I wish i was going to this

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
prelims are live on spike.com and you missed a francis carmont fight

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

El Roncho posted:

Is there a better matchup available for Tito Ortiz than McGeary? Lanky striker with the takedown defense of a broom is pretty much the only matchup I'd favor Tito in at this point.

Well, Liam does have a decent bottom game at least (I can't picture him subbing Tito from the bottom though).

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

why does the glory ref look like a plumber

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

MassaShowtime posted:

why does the glory ref look like a plumber

Haven't you ever played punchout?

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

prelims are live on spike.com and you missed a francis carmont fight

Does Bellator have a different station it airs on in England or is Spike somehow a thing over there too?

Also, weren't they going to do simultaneous fights or was that just a rumor? I just turned it on.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Does Bellator use some weird surface for the floor of their ring? Both guys' feet in this one are sliding all over.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Does Bellator have a different station it airs on in England or is Spike somehow a thing over there too?

Also, weren't they going to do simultaneous fights or was that just a rumor? I just turned it on.

I think any potential simultaneous MMA/kickboxing bouts were going to be post-lims

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

I think any potential simultaneous MMA/kickboxing bouts were going to be post-lims

I didn't know that was even happening.

EvanSchenck posted:

Does Bellator use some weird surface for the floor of their ring? Both guys' feet in this one are sliding all over.

It's also a hockey rink and when you flip it over it turns into a pool table

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

hahaha YES LENNE HARDT

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
oh they splurged for lenne?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
feel like I'm watching a hockey fight

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Yeah okay what the gently caress is wrong with the surface of this cage

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Let's just go ahead and make it a rule that each participant in this tournament must attempt at least one slam

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The handstand is actually the best defense to a suplex

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Yeah okay what the gently caress is wrong with the surface of this cage

Mo probably would have stopped Vassel when he was really badly hurt in the first minute, but he couldn't chase the TKO because he couldn't keep his footing. I suspected that's what happened, but it's nice to have Mo confirm it explicitly.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

slev posted:

The handstand is actually the best defense to a suplex

Just preparing for the wheelbarrow race in the finals

EvanSchenck posted:

Mo probably would have stopped Vassel when he was really badly hurt in the first minute, but he couldn't chase the TKO because he couldn't keep his footing. I suspected that's what happened, but it's nice to have Mo confirm it explicitly.

I wasn't paying attention. Did he actually say that?

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Wtf, is spike not showing this live on the west coast or is this just in san diego that Im getting the shaft?