Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Game Genie, grant my wish. Fix my broken loving tables. :kratos:

Moartoast posted:

Oh huh, I had no idea there were several voice sets for your soldiers. I thought it was just one for dudes and one for dudettes, especially since every lady soldier i've tried playing as/seen other people playing as does that creepy wheezing every time.

Speaking of, is Flaming Buffalo just a unique soldier that everyone can get? I have two saves and I don't think I had her on my first one (instead, I had a ridiculous S++ rank goon with a wispy moustache called Razor the Hedgehog) but I've seen some people bring her up so idk what the deal is with that. If there's some repository of unique soldiers that'd be neat, I doubt every soldier is unique since there's a theoretically infinite amount due to respawning on deployment.

Also, this is the first message on PC when you login now:

lol

I went there and looked, and couldn't find a 'report form' anywhere. So uhh. . . I guess Konami's doing the Konami thing still.

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008
Boss finally snapped, and declared war on the world:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Hi I'm like 200 posts back but are there any English MGO videos from TGS? Subtitles or otherwise.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I'm at 80‰ completion abs have completed 50 missions, and I've got a couple of questions.

I had quiet gently caress off after I did her rescue side op/ mission. Is there a trigger to get her back or is she gone forever?

I also haven't been able to see Paz, what's the trigger for her for to unlock at the medical platform?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

SergZpartan posted:

Boss finally snapped, and declared war on the world:

I wondered how long it would take.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

DeathSandwich posted:

So I'm at 80‰ completion abs have completed 50 missions, and I've got a couple of questions.

I had quiet gently caress off after I did her rescue side op/ mission. Is there a trigger to get her back or is she gone forever?

I also haven't been able to see Paz, what's the trigger for her for to unlock at the medical platform?

Forever

Second floor on that platform, there's a door on the first floor but that never opens.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
That door on the second floor of the medical platform is red and I can't enter it

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
E: double postq

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

You can get Quiet back if you're on PC.

Also speaking of Paz I noticed something odd when visiting her while wearing the parasite suit. Not in her room itself where you have to hit the button to go in, but still inside the structure. So inside the door on the second level but before the loading screen. You have this blue glow around your feet. Is this present anywhere else?

Image link: http://i.imgur.com/eq2oekd.jp

e: FYI this is the blue door on the medical platform. Spoilers for a late game outfit and uh, the door location. http://i.imgur.com/27dZ55i.jpg

E2: also is it just me or can you not customize the level 5 rasp airshock for some reason?
Same thing with the Serval AMR (automatic Brennan)

e3: nevermind I hosed up one of my .lua files and just needed to restore and restart.

speaking of mods I also want to share this : http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/28

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 20, 2015

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
BIG SARU with another video. BACK UP, BACK DOWN, all sub-objectives complete, perfect stealth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2VnZfLTlTA

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I see people using a couple of costumes I don't seem to have quite a bit. It looks like I've developed everything too. First off there is the one where snake is wearing a shawl (This one was even in the promotional stuff) and the second is snake with his shirt off. Where these preorder costumes or something?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

NESguerilla posted:

I see people using a couple of costumes I don't seem to have quite a bit. It looks like I've developed everything too. First off there is the one where snake is wearing a shawl (This one was even in the promotional stuff) and the second is snake with his shirt off. Where these preorder costumes or something?

You can wear a shawl on any of the camo outfits by pressing right before selecting it (like how you press left to be topless).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Woah. No idea how I didn't notice that.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Kiggles posted:

BIG SARU with another video. BACK UP, BACK DOWN, all sub-objectives complete, perfect stealth.

oh wow he actually yells C Q C during consecutives in the japanese version

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy gently caress, Quiet just bit a dude's ear off and stomped another dude's dick off :stonk: :rock:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
What happens if the g44 blueprint is missing when revisiting the missions where it's supposed to be? Is there a chance it will reappear in a subsequent visit, or is my save bugged?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TheQat posted:

What happens if the g44 blueprint is missing when revisiting the missions where it's supposed to be? Is there a chance it will reappear in a subsequent visit, or is my save bugged?

The guide says it can be found in Ditadi Abandoned Village at any time, in or out of mission.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Kiggles posted:

He's so good

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The guide says it can be found in Ditadi Abandoned Village at any time, in or out of mission.

Apparently there's a glitch with blueprints though, where if you grab it and die and checkpoint or abandon the mission it's gone forever currently though.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

El Hefe posted:

He's so good

I wanna grow up to be like him one day.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So I died in Mission 22 and the Rewards tab in my iDroid has been bugging out ever since. It has a yellow dot next to it like a reward has come in, but when I select it there's no rewards shown and I know I have some since I got the yellow text notifier. Is there anyway to fix this?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The daily login bonuses are so weird. One day it is 16 lovely plants and the next it is 100 MB coins. I guess really the coins are the only bonus that is actually good, but even those range randomly from 15 to 100.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The daily login bonuses are so weird. One day it is 16 lovely plants and the next it is 100 MB coins. I guess really the coins are the only bonus that is actually good, but even those range randomly from 15 to 100.

They're especially good right now as part of TGS promo, so the 100 MB is a unique occurrence.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fuuuck, I think mission 45 might be the hardest mission in the game outside of Quiet's Extreme fight.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Is there any evidence that nukes can actually be used in some way? I've heard claims of nuking another player's fob, but when does that actually become an option? And has anyone actually done that?

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

E-Tank posted:

I went there and looked, and couldn't find a 'report form' anywhere. So uhh. . . I guess Konami's doing the Konami thing still.

I couldn't find anything either. It's the thought that counts I guess. :downs:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

John DiFool posted:

Is there any evidence that nukes can actually be used in some way? I've heard claims of nuking another player's fob, but when does that actually become an option? And has anyone actually done that?

I couldn't find an option to do it, but I only had one guy on my retaliation list and he was currently blockaded so I dunno maybe that's why? And I didn't want to hold on to it to see if I could do it later because if I waited like an hour it'd be stolen.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
It takes 24 real hours to build a nuke. Does it take 24 real hours to dismantle one as well? :smithicide:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Grimace posted:

It takes 24 real hours to build a nuke. Does it take 24 real hours to dismantle one as well? :smithicide:

no its instant

as soon as it actually enters your hands, which is some indeterminate number of hours after you actually steal it, assuming no one has stolen it from you without any notice during that delay

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

lets hang out posted:

no its instant

oh thank god

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Not mine

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

The Iron Rose posted:

e3: nevermind I hosed up one of my .lua files and just needed to restore and restart.
You wouldn't happen to have a modding guide handy would you? I want to make it so all the revolvers reload one shot at a time instead of the higher grades using speed loaders. Also want to see if it's possible to give the wormhole fulton the regular balloon effect while still making it usable indoors/under cover.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait wait wait, so at the end of Mission 45, is this like the 2nd fake ending to the game? Because Mission 46 is supposed to be the true end, right? But there are credits rolling after this one too, with every character in them :confused:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Is there a way to use Steam to start a new file but save my progress? Family share or some poo poo?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait wait wait, so at the end of Mission 45, is this like the 2nd fake ending to the game? Because Mission 46 is supposed to be the true end, right? But there are credits rolling after this one too, with every character in them :confused:

Most people will get Mission 45 before 46, but they are both technically endings. 46 Is the "true" ending.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

lovely Wizard posted:

Apparently there's a glitch with blueprints though, where if you grab it and die and checkpoint or abandon the mission it's gone forever currently though.

I know you can add in a couple blueprints via the latest cheatengine tables, but I'm not sure if that's one of them. It's under the reward editor in any event.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Did War Economy tard out for anyone else? I got spotted by the gunship that dropped the dude off and it killed me. I restarted the mission and the gunship never showed up at all. Then I gimped through the mission having Quiet kill half of them and somehow got an A. Wtf?

Started my FOB tonight and built an R&D strut. Set everything to max readiness. What's the pro-strat here?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Look Sir Droids posted:

Did War Economy tard out for anyone else? I got spotted by the gunship that dropped the dude off and it killed me. I restarted the mission and the gunship never showed up at all. Then I gimped through the mission having Quiet kill half of them and somehow got an A. Wtf?

Started my FOB tonight and built an R&D strut. Set everything to max readiness. What's the pro-strat here?

Short range is balls to go against. I like non-lethal but so many people have scripts to instantly get up it's probably better to go lethal. Shotguns are op even in AI hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I figured out how to report cheaters on Konami's website. It's easy! All you have to do is go to https://www.konami.jp/mgs5/ and click Global on the top section for Phantom Pain, click your way through the age gate, click "FAQ" on the left, choose "No" at the bottom where it asks "Is the problem solved?" and then choose "Enquiries about transaction and online". Then click the link in the first paragraph for reports about "malicious actions" that links to the "Malicious Act Department" reporting form. Don't forget to obtain your "Enquiry ID Number" from the pause menu by going into "Controls & Manual" (note - I have no idea if this is real and can't be bothered to check). There's no category for hacking, so I guess choose "Nuisance"?

Be careful, though - repeated submissions with the same content are themselves considered a "nuisance" and your account could be suspended or "lost"! Also they will never reply to you. And here is a direct link to the form in case you actually want to waste your time submitting something:
https://www.konami.co.jp/service_support/mgs/tpp/report/index.php5?region=ac&lang=en

• Locked thread