Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Okay, Darling intentionally raising all the "death flags" , and Miia being genre-aware enough to call him on it, was hilarious. This is a smarter show than I've been giving it credit for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Smoking Crow posted:

season 2 confirmed, right

Not for about another year at least. The show went up to chapter 25 (skipping one, I think), the manga is at chapter 36 and is released monthly.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kyte posted:

Wait, for real? Where didja find that?

It is the manga, in one of the those parts that discusses each species. But it does say that it is all speculation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

jng2058 posted:

Okay, Darling intentionally raising all the "death flags" , and Miia being genre-aware enough to call him on it, was hilarious. This is a smarter show than I've been giving it credit for.
Not only that, but the comment on carnivore's taste sense and then Miia responding to it, with Rachne being like "who are you talking to?" was some good old fashioned fourth wall breaking too.

What a fantastic final episode. Compared to the rest of it there was barely any fanservice, which gave more time to include plenty of comedy bits.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Compared to the rest of it there was barely any fanservice

Great, what a lovely last ep

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Did they ever animate the gym chapter.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Namtab posted:

Great, what a lovely last ep

don't worry you get your requisite molestations by suu

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

don't worry you get your requisite molestations by suu
please do not imply that i am into molestation

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
AotY.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Did they ever animate the gym chapter.

No. That might be good content for an (inevitable) OVA though since Polt was on the last end card.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

like any good drama, they waited til the end to explain the finances.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

like any good drama, they waited til the end to explain the finances.

That was a really good choice for the last story in the series. The tone was just perfect.

A shame they didn't have anything for Rachne or Lala to do but whatevs.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

boom boom boom posted:

A shame they didn't have anything for Rachne or Lala to do but whatevs.
Lala at least got a yukkuri joke.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Darling was a chuuni in his youth! :monocle:

That was one of the better finale episodes in recent memory. I wish they'd spent more time on venomous Suu, though.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why would a dog wear a sweatband? Do Kobolds sweat?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Kobolds haven't been dog-people since second edition; pervy anime is dangerously behind the times. :colbert:

Good episode, Suu should continue to say more of a)anything and b) snarky comments behind the backs of the assholes she shares a house with..

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Has anyone posted these? I just found 'em through reddit but I didn't see them here. There's a whole bunch. Pretty fanservicey though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq1EZpdQkRE

Edit: Shoot. There's a list of trimmed versions with subtitles... I dunno how to post them.

Edit: Holy gently caress some of these are weird as gently caress. Uhhh. Watch at your own risk?

Edit: Definitely very NSFW even compared to the standard episodes.

Artificer fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 23, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Artificer posted:

Has anyone posted these? I just found 'em through reddit but I didn't see them here. There's a whole bunch. Pretty fanservicey though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq1EZpdQkRE

That makes me realize that caring for a 6 meter long snake tail that you also use to move around with would be, in a word, exhausting. You'd always be getting stuff on it and of course you'd want to clean it off and I don't even want to imagine what it would feel like if something got between the scales and ugh.

I feel sorry for Miia now.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Apparently someone said that meant Season 2 confirmed? :shrug:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kwyndig posted:

That makes me realize that caring for a 6 meter long snake tail that you also use to move around with would be, in a word, exhausting. You'd always be getting stuff on it and of course you'd want to clean it off and I don't even want to imagine what it would feel like if something got between the scales and ugh.

I feel sorry for Miia now.

Miia's only nuts because she has a small pebble stuck between her scales. Next season Darling will brush it off and she'll be chill.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Artificer posted:

Edit: Shoot. There's a list of trimmed versions with subtitles... I dunno how to post them.
Is it on Youtube? Just post the name. I couldn't find it.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Is it on Youtube? Just post the name. I couldn't find it.

Oh here we go. Add to end of youtube.com

/playlist?list=PLaWNUYckT3OPH6k_Ow2FB1CwijLzU3b7p

Most are untranslated but many do not need translations.

Very much NSFW. And sometimes very odd.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Artificer posted:

Only 1-10 have been subbed that have needed it.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Artificer posted:

These are great. Really the main reason I watched this show was for the author's wit when it came to figuring out what issues the monsters would have by virtue of their respective biologies. He managed to come up with funny issues and present them in a funny way.

If only the overarching plot didn't exist in the main series.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
There's an overarching plot??

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

HellCopter posted:

There's an overarching plot??

Every couple episodes/chapters Smith reminds Darling he has to decide on best girl I guess?

Unless that's exactly what they're talking about in which case...thats animes.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
If liking papi is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Oh god its the cops help

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Only 1-10 have been subbed that have needed it.

Sometimes the comments have explanations, but yeah. Some of them are at least sort of self-explanatory though.

I wonder what sort of poo poo the guy is allowed to put on the expensive reports? Does he get a stipend for time and effort spent on these high maintenance monster girls? If so then it might not be too bad a gig, financially...

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Artificer posted:

Sometimes the comments have explanations, but yeah. Some of them are at least sort of self-explanatory though.

I wonder what sort of poo poo the guy is allowed to put on the expensive reports? Does he get a stipend for time and effort spent on these high maintenance monster girls? If so then it might not be too bad a gig, financially...

His stipend is paid in excellent baps and butts

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fellis posted:

His stipend is paid in excellent baps and butts

He probably feels a bit shafted then since he's a leg man

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Xelkelvos posted:

He probably feels a bit shafted then since he's a leg man

He gets excellent legs too.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Kyte posted:

He gets excellent legs too.

18 (0r 16 if you don't count Suu's) between 7 waifus; he's still doing better than average, even if they are unevenly distributed.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dzhay posted:

18 (0r 16 if you don't count Suu's) between 7 waifus; he's still doing better than average, even if they are unevenly distributed.

Suu could always grow more legs.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Maybe that's why he likes Miia. She's basically one big, sexy leg.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Why is Suu's mouth pink. This bugs me way more than it should.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i liked how most of papi's dialogue included her name but the subtitles didn't.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i liked how most of papi's dialogue included her name but the subtitles didn't.

That's far from uncommon. First-person pronouns are apparently (I have no idea whether or not this is true in reality or not, but it certainly is in anime) a relatively-late-learned affectation in Japan, with younger characters (or characters who are intended to seem young) using their given names in place of ore/boku/watashi/watakushi/atashi/watakushi-sama/etc. In such cases, many subbers just use "I" because it's clearer outside of that cultural context.

It's similar to ~desu at the ends of sentences. Some subtitles add it, some subtitles outright ignore it, and in at least one case there were two separate sub tracks from one group that you chose depending on whether you wanted to see the romanization of every single conjugation of "~de arimasu" the rural character used across the course of the season or not.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Seriously? If you find yourself craving subs with the correct copulas for each character, just make the effort and learn the goddamn language.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Third person speech is kawaii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
papi..

• Locked thread