Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
If you're gonna hire someone who's good in PWG just bring in Excalibur, have him take over pbp and let Striker concentrate on cramming in as many dumb references as possible. The rotating PWG crew of guest announcers is fun but I'm not sure how much of that would carry over without the ability to poo poo on your co-workers in the ring. Hero definitely knows his stuff though.

I still don't see why they can't just have Vamp sitting next to Striker in his full vampire pope outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Hero's a very good color commentator (and I think the tone of his commentary would actually totally fit with LU, he can be a little jokey while still conveying the drama and storylines of a match) but yeah you couldn't bring him in without people expecting him to wrestle.

Also I think the only thing less appealing than Matt Striker doing play by play is the idea of him doing color. I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 22, 2015

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lucha Underground needs Chuck Taylor

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Also I think the only thing less appealing than Matt Striker doing play by play is the idea of him doing color. I'm shuddering just thinking about it.

What about Striker wrestling?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

I mean he's not a good wrestler but you don't have to listen to his dumb ideas when he wrestles, so it's arguably the least crappy idea

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Gaz-L posted:

Striker vs Vampiro, Ultima Lucha 2. Book it.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I mean he's not a good wrestler but you don't have to listen to his dumb ideas when he wrestles, so it's arguably the least crappy idea

I dunno, I'm sure they could set it up so that he can commentate while he wrestles

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Okay so now we have LU Season 2, but what's the word about Season 1 on Blu-Ray or streaming or digital or whatever, because I now need to drag all my friends over to watch it before the next season starts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Require More Fire posted:

Okay so now we have LU Season 2, but what's the word about Season 1 on Blu-Ray or streaming or digital or whatever, because I now need to drag all my friends over to watch it before the next season starts.

Executive producers said discussions for that stuff would come after they got an update on whether or not season 2 was happening

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Call Me Charlie posted:

I really hope that they get some merchandise out there with season 2 because wrestling nerds would eat that poo poo up.

(And I'm talking about actual wrestleman shirts. Not generic logos for $30)

I have to echo this, there's so many ways they can merchandise LU and I don't know why they haven't made a greater effort in doing so. Is AAA's involvement the sticking point with that or is it something else?

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Now I just need to get El Ray on Cablevision...

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

flashy_mcflash posted:

I have to echo this, there's so many ways they can merchandise LU and I don't know why they haven't made a greater effort in doing so. Is AAA's involvement the sticking point with that or is it something else?

I don't think AAA is any issue, but I suspect they probably need to get deals in place with each wrestler or cut some sort of deal with a site like Masked Republic that already has agreements in place. I don't think it's like WWE where they own the rights to the characters since these guys use them in multiple promotions. Maybe some original creations like Puma or Son of Havoc but I doubt they can just start selling Pentagon Jr or Angelico shirts.

They have said they want to expand merchandising for sure, they just needed to get Season 2 locked down first.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Matt Striker is good I like him.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Go RV! posted:

Striker vs Vampiro, Ultima Lucha 2. Book it.

LU made people care about a Vampiro match in 2015, I bet they can do the same with a Matt Striker.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Rhonne posted:

LU made people care about a Vampiro match in 2015, I bet they can do the same with a Matt Striker.

I will if it's Pentagon hitting him with light tubes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Rhonne posted:

LU made me care about the least interesting member of The Corre. That's pretty impressive.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

LU made me care about the least interesting member of The Corre. That's pretty impressive.

Wade Barrett doesn't work for LU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

NienNunb posted:

It's me. I'm the one person who enjoyed Matt Striker comparing Dario Cueto to the Beyonder. I also would have accepted calling him Calypso.

sticklefifer posted:

I was shocked by how few bodyslams I saw him do.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Wazzu posted:

My favourite idea is from the Chikara thread, of bringing in Ultramantis as the new announcer.

I would love this too, but UMB lives in PA so they'd either be flying him in a lot or trying to get him to move out there.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

CombineThresher posted:

I would love this too, but UMB lives in PA so they'd either be flying him in a lot or trying to get him to move out there.

Vampiro lives in Canada and they still fly him in. It sounded like from the AMA van Wagenen did that they have the budget to fly talent in from Canada, Mexico, and the US without a problem, it's just Europe and Japan that's probably beyond their abilities.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Grozz Nuy posted:

Vampiro lives in Canada and they still fly him in. It sounded like from the AMA van Wagenen did that they have the budget to fly talent in from Canada, Mexico, and the US without a problem, it's just Europe and Japan that's probably beyond their abilities.

Yeah, but what about The Underworld and Beyond the Stars. At least Aerostar can provide his own transportation

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

LobsterMobster posted:

Yeah, but what about The Underworld and Beyond the Stars. At least Aerostar can provide his own transportation

Drago is literally a motherfucking dragon. He can fly himself in. The budget for his transpo goes instead to paying him in live cattle for him to slaughter and eat.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

NienNunb posted:

I don't mind him except for this poo poo.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
HOT SCOOPS from Melissa Santos' periscope:

Tapings supposed to happen in late October/early November, with the plan to be back on the air for January.

She also said if you are a fan of (new roster addition spoiler) Rey Mysterio you might be happy with Lucha Underground soon. I know that was already spoilered but there's some further confirmation.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I for one will be glad to resume my constant cringing every time he tries to make use of his knees while trying not to hear rusty door hinge creaking sounds in my head.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They should bring in Mysteziz so Alberto can stiff the gently caress out of him some more

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I really hope it's sticking on Wednesdays. Actually-Good-Wrestling-Wednesdays became something to look forward to.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Season 2 wishlist:

ACH
Team Tremendous
Gran Apache
ACH
More minis
El Niņo Hamburguesa
ACH

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I demand the thread title be changed to let everyone know that it's getting a season 2.

Everyone must return to the temple. :colbert:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Speedball is about to start working for AAA, he'd be great in Lucha Underground if they don't mind the fact that he can't talk and looks like a dork

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Put a mask on him and just call him Speedball

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Illinois Smith posted:

Season 2 wishlist:

ACH
Team Tremendous
Gran Apache
ACH
More minis
El Niņo Hamburguesa
ACH

Los Hell Brothers seems like a thematically consistent choice if they're bringing in AAA guys.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

Speedball is about to start working for AAA, he'd be great in Lucha Underground if they don't mind the fact that he can't talk and looks like a dork

didn't stop them from pushing prince puma

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Big Ryck is the absolute best. I thought Ezekiel Jackson sucked but I love Big Ryck.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Akileese posted:

Big Ryck is the absolute best. I thought Ezekiel Jackson sucked but I love Big Ryck.

Big Ryck may not have won a whole lot, but motherfucker always made sure he got paid.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I honestly wonder what they'll do with Puma now that he's not the eternal champion who is the coolest and the best, Prince Puma.

Probably get around to finally turning Konnan heel.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Retromancer posted:

I honestly wonder what they'll do with Puma now that he's not the eternal champion who is the coolest and the best, Prince Puma.

Probably get around to finally turning Konnan heel.

Personally, I kinda hope they don't turn Konnan heel, but only because I don't want to vindicate Evil Pope Vampiro's incessant need to run him down at every opportunity.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Personally, I kinda hope they don't turn Konnan heel, but only because I don't want to vindicate Evil Pope Vampiro's incessant need to run him down at every opportunity.

I think they're going with the concept that Vampiro is a separate consciousness inside Ian, but that might just be my own interpretation of the whole thing.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Big Ryck may not have won a whole lot, but motherfucker always made sure he got paid.

its all about cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like how Big Ryck's gimmick was that he was actually a lovely enforcer and his clients always beat him up after he lost.

• Locked thread