Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Germstore posted:

the cut off nibble is tickling my sperg gland

See you've already been HACKED!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I would pay well for Get Out frog merchandise. Also unofficial Doobie merch (with a portion going to Lowtax's legal defense fund).

Also here's a banner, just stretch it or something, if BARONS DEF CHARGER, who I stole it off, doesn't mind.

Since goons are rebellious by nature, this banner will cause all except the No Ads crew to stay at SA, instead of deserting to Reddit etc. or getting lives.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

:cawg:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqUUlBwtKNs

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

(The stick figure art was by how me a frog.)

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
I changed me username and avatar in the last two weeks but yeah, SA Forums are worth way more than our New Yorker subscription so make a Patreon!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Charge EVE goons a community fee of $2 per month per EVE account.

Every single one of them will pay it.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Here's an idea I just thought of, it might be a good one. I dunno.

Have you thought of making the next twitter?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

BigBadSteve posted:

I would pay well for Get Out frog merchandise.

This

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

hey lowtax i bet people would roll wheelbarrows full of :10bux: to your front door for the return of LF. your children would be set for life and you'd still have money left over for hookers, blow, and a way for the feds to not have to come knock on your door to figure out where any future serious threats to the prez are located

e: that last part would take a lot of effort though so i know it won't happen but just throwing it out there

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 24, 2015

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
make lf a ban me forum

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Charge an extra $10 to post in LF and give no probations only bans.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

kazoosandthings
Dec 6, 2004

In order to join the pirate crew,
you must prove yourself on the kazoo.
i would pay :10bux: to have an @somethingawful.com forward to my gmail and i could reply through it hurry up and set it up thx

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

kazoosandthings posted:

i would pay :10bux: to have an @somethingawful.com forward to my gmail and i could reply through it hurry up and set it up thx

Holy poo poo, an SA email address? I'd pay :10bux: :10bux:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Lowtax should sell SA to the creator of 2chan

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

This, but when you click it, it sends you to Feminist Frequency.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

This is a good one.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

If only I could figure out how to make a perpetual motion machine out of this

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Broenheim posted:

make lf a ban me forum

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gnarlyhotep posted:

If only I could figure out how to make a perpetual motion machine out of this

Hit the ban button every time someone says that and you'll have a perpetual :10bux: machine.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

just how far are you willing to go for money lowtax

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 25, 2015

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

share more sa relevancy stories and i'll make ads out of them:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Palpek posted:

I have one.

Mods knew.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Palpek posted:

These are good. They remind me of Canadian Heritage Minutes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Did the "murder" inspired by Slenderman the one by two middle school girls? Because the victim lives in that one last I checked. Certainly not up to the standards of that guy from TFR.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Caro, Kyoon, Jon Pop: SA's Mt. Rushmore of insanity

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Palpek posted:

Vile Rat / Benghazi?

Casimir Radon posted:

May 13, 2011

Caro has now reappeared under the name Just like I said. He's bought himself a helmet, a gas mask, an atropine pen, and a camcorder and is off to Libya to die a gruesome death probably at the hands of Pro-Kadaffi forces be a journalist. Hopefully his parents will peek down in the basement sometime before this happens and put a stop to it.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Don't do this Caro, you're seriously going to die if you try this. And not from CIA mind control drones either.

Just like I said posted:

No I won't. This is happening. Deal with it.

Third World Reggin posted:

May 22, 2014

Last reported in branch 215. A prison of the Syrian Military Intelligence Directorate. Last seen half fed and asking people to kill him.

:eek:

Holy poo poo.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

budgieinspector posted:

Vile Rat / Benghazi?

:eek:

Holy poo poo.
jesus christ

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I'm too bored to be creative

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

It's not really the probations, I earned most of those. The only one that really perplexes me is the one I got for posting MegaMilk.jpg because I've seen that in GBS a million times.

No my real beef is them closing good funny threads while no content garbage threads continue for eternity. I think they just don't like work so they close anything that generates reports instead of moderating the actual content.

A strong part of it, it seems to me, is a lack of volunteer personpower sufficient to micro-mod controversial threads enough to avoid them degenerating into bitchfights and/or lawsuits. One mod who will go unnamed has developed the unfortunate habit of closing threads starting to get dodgy for a day or three, opening them for five minutes occasionally in that time, then stating publicly that the thread has lost its steam and gassing it.

Some very funny Doobie threads have been gassed this way, and other unrelated good threads recently. But to avoid e.g. a Dooblawsuit, with current and probably decreasing low mod numbers (at least on GBS), the choice really down to just using the big stick. Banning the first goon to get out of control in a thread then dealing with the idiots that want to keep it going would take far more time, I reckon, than mods have hours to spare.

It's either we do what we can to make this an attractive more profitable forum, or give up and have it fold and be stuck with the likes of Reddit and {retch} that other one with 3,000 genders on it. Or have it bought by a third party and turned into that, or worse.

Calling out idiots promptly in our posts is something we all can do. And yes, I expect to be immediately called out, go on.

For major thread-making GBS threads-and-threatening stuff like doxxing, I congratulate anygoon who promptly reports it to a mod. Not the trivial stuff, obviously. The assholes responsible for doxxing etc. excesses (as in at least one Doobtopic) get about two minutes lols at their own 'cleverness', then don't give a rats if a good still lively thread of one or two hundred pages or even more gets gassed because of it. They deserve little mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Autolock all threads over a page. Micro-threads are the future.

• Locked thread